had to pay tout
2 (5.9%)
travelled and didnt get 1
1 (2.9%)
didn't travel and didn't get 1
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

orangeman

How much are the tickets for the final ??

Asal Mor

What is the demand for tickets like, relative to other years lads? Is it any crazier than usual for this meeting of the big 2? As Marty Morrissey might say, it has all the makings of a mouthwatering clash.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looks like it's huge demand, a fair bit of scraping around already.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Doohicky

Quote from: Rois on September 15, 2008, 08:15:06 PM

Doohicky, there's a couple of Strabanese fellas that play with Bredagh and I'm sure they'd only be too happy to have a chat - you might find you know them anyway.  They've a first, seconds and third teams so chances are you'll find your level.

PM me if you're serious - I'm from Strabane (kind of) and joined the club a few years ago to play ladies' football.

But Bredagh's not much good for Tyrone tickets at this stage of the competition.

I probably do know them actually. I know a few Strabangladeshies that live in Old Bakers Court so it could be them. (Have just seen them about since I moved over here)
I reckon warming the subs bench in the Thirds would be my level. I would be lucky if I can even remember how to solo! :P
I'll give you a shout after the AI.

I am resigned for heading home to watch the match, but ah well. It will still be great.

Rois

No, that's not them, but bring them with you!

Doohicky

I only know them to see, as in nod on the way past and a wee chat the odd time. Rarely see them, but I may have a few others who I could bring along.

Gold

Quote from: Gold on September 15, 2008, 03:09:40 PM
There was touts outside Croker when i left the house this mornin, they are startin early, Nally stand tickets going for 45 yo yo's

Sorry that should have read: There were Scobes outside Croker when i left the house this mornin, they were startin early, Methadone was going for 45 yo yo's
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

D4S

Just got guaranteed a ticket happy days, I can't wait!!!  Honestly wish everyone else good luck tryin to get theirs great sense of relief when you're told definite yes...i'll have a pint when I get it in my hand!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Lazer

1. Is your county involved?                                                                        NO
2. Are you a club member?                                                                        NO (Club i was a member off has closed down)
3. Are you a club officer/committee member?                                              NO
4. Are you a coach/mentor                                                                        NO
5. Are you a player?                                                                                  NO
6. Are you a supporters club member?                                                         YES
7. Have you contibuted financially to your club/county (minimum £300*)?         NO - pay enough travelling to matches and tickets
8. How many national league games did you attend this year?                         3 (usually all but was in Australia this year)
9. Mc Kenna/FBD/Mc Grath u21 MINOR etc?                                                  4
10. Away games (not inc championship)?                                                      2 (not counting casement as away)
11. Championship games?                                                                           8
12. Would you travel before securing a ticket?                                                YES
13. If so when?                                                                                        SATURDAY
14. Are you prepared to pay over the odds for your ticket?                              NO
15. Number of previous AIF's attended?                                                        2 (1991 and 1994 - a very long time ago)
16. Are you related to a participant?                                                              NO
17. How do you hope to get a ticket?                                                           Resigned to the fact i won't and prob wouldnt even if Down was involved,

The system sucks. Not overly bothered this year, although would love to go but know i wont get a ticket.
Not a club member - cause i dont play due to injurys picked up playing years ago

There should be stibs given out at the matches you attend, especially mcKenna cup, national league etc, and if you send so many in to HQ u should be guaranteeds a ticket!
Hopefully this system will be in place by next year so i can get a ticket when Down are in the AI Final!

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

armaghniac

QuoteThere should be stibs given out at the matches you attend

True. You'll have a right few stubs by the time Down reach a final!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

QuoteThere should be stibs given out at the matches you attend, especially mcKenna cup, national league etc, and if you send so many in to HQ u should be guaranteeds a ticket!

Sorry but I strongly disagree. That would discriminate against people running club teams and playing for their clubs who can't make as many games as those who don't.

Doohicky

Plus, you know these would be sold on, and litlle stubs would be pretty easy to copy.
Most games do not have poper barcoded tickets.

I would love to have a fairer way to distribute tickets, but to be honest I can't think of one, so just stick to what we have I suppose.

orangeman

Same old story every year with tickets isn't it ?

There'll be people at this game on Sunday who wouldn't know what colours their own club plays in !

Lazer

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 17, 2008, 03:07:24 PM
QuoteThere should be stibs given out at the matches you attend, especially mcKenna cup, national league etc, and if you send so many in to HQ u should be guaranteeds a ticket!

Sorry but I strongly disagree. That would discriminate against people running club teams and playing for their clubs who can't make as many games as those who don't.

The clubs get tickets anyway, every match except the all ireland final has tickets available for general sale, therefore there should be a way to ensure people going to all the matches get tickets for the final.
People who run club teams, play for the clubs etc are very likely to get tickets anyway.
I'm not saying take the tickets away from the clubs just hold over some of the ones normally given for sponsorship etc for the loyal supporters
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

red hander

Starting to get worried now ... Wednesday and not even a sniff of a ticket. This is as bad as I can remember it compared to 86, 95, 03 and 05 ... the only thing giving me hope is that on all those four occasions I didn't get sorted out until very late