had to pay tout
2 (5.9%)
travelled and didnt get 1
1 (2.9%)
didn't travel and didn't get 1
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Canalman

Quit your bleating. Every Tyrone"fan" who wants a ticket will get a ticket. Kerry as opponents go are ideal for a ticket allocation as all "spares" inevitably trickle to Kerry's opponents.
Tyrone couldn't fill Omagh for the Westmeath game. There will be at least 30,000 Tyrone fans at the game , mark my words. Alot of them the "Hooray Henry" type as usual for an AIF.

orangeman

Quote from: Canalman on September 15, 2008, 01:01:14 PM
Quit your bleating. Every Tyrone"fan" who wants a ticket will get a ticket. Kerry as opponents go are ideal for a ticket allocation as all "spares" inevitably trickle to Kerry's opponents.
Tyrone couldn't fill Omagh for the Westmeath game. There will be at least 30,000 Tyrone fans at the game , mark my words. Alot of them the "Hooray Henry" type as usual for an AIF.
[/b]

Grannies, grandas and all will be there !  ;) :D

Final Whistle

anybody who plays an active part in their clubs will receive their ticket. anybody who misses out and isnt an active member o the club well then GET ACTIVE!!!

aontroim

Quote from: nearlymad on September 15, 2008, 12:43:35 PM
Antrim is the best bet for any Nordies looking tickets.

Not a chance - there are more than enough GAA members in Antrim who will use up all their ticket allocation.

Doohicky

Quote from: aontroim on September 15, 2008, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: nearlymad on September 15, 2008, 12:43:35 PM
Antrim is the best bet for any Nordies looking tickets.

Not a chance - there are more than enough GAA members in Antrim who will use up all their ticket allocation.

Yup, I have already tried Antrim and have been unable to get one. Was looking good at the start, but the promised tickets have failed to appear.

Quote from: Final Whistle on September 15, 2008, 02:20:39 PM
anybody who plays an active part in their clubs will receive their ticket. anybody who misses out and isnt an active member o the club well then GET ACTIVE!!!

No problem I'll just travel up and down from Belfast to Strabane for that then. Not everyone still lives where they were born, some of us had to move away years ago to get jobs.

Gold

There was touts outside Croker when i left the house this mornin, they are startin early, Nally stand tickets going for 45 yo yo's
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Canalman

Doohicky,

Obviously you did not become an active member of a club in Antrim when you moved there.Why not???
Secondly you did not chose to join Club Tyrone when you moved away.

Therefore,imo you are the type of individual who should have difficulties in getting a ticket and should not be whinging Joe Duffy style on a GAA forum.
Anyway as I have said earlier you will get a tckt as Kerry are the opposition. Less of your Béal Bochting please.

leenie

Quote from: Final Whistle on September 15, 2008, 02:20:39 PM

unfortunately some have to move away from their clubs..... like myself, however still a memeber and still come home every yr for scor...... always have gotten tickets in the past but for some reason i'm fretting i this yr......... well i'll know thursday!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Doohicky

Quote from: Canalman on September 15, 2008, 03:29:25 PM
Doohicky,

Obviously you did not become an active member of a club in Antrim when you moved there.Why not???

Therefore,imo you are the type of individual who should have difficulties in getting a ticket and should not be whinging Joe Duffy style on a GAA forum.
Anyway as I have said earlier you will get a tckt as Kerry are the opposition. Less of your Béal Bochting please.

No I didn't become an active member of a club in Antrim. I was involved with Queens for a while when I was there but not in any other clubs here in Belfast after Graduation.
To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start up here with getting involved with a club as I don't know anyone in any up here.

Joining Club Tyrone is actually what I am planning to do. All I have to do is clear up some funds to get started up in it.

And from now on I am going to make sure I don't forget to put in my membership back home at the start of the season. That way I will make sure and get my tickets through the club instead of Ticketmaster and that will stand me in good stead for future AIs (Whether Tyrone are there or not)

So I should have difficulties getting a ticket despite attending a good number of games throughout the year? Good to know

ONeill

Doohicky,

Why would that be a natural conclusion?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

passedit

Quote from: T Fearon on September 11, 2008, 09:49:27 AM
passedit, you have been at 27AI Finals? Are you Paddy Mc Flynn?? :o

23 actually tone, no idea where i got 27 from ( maybe i'm just shit at counting).

I'd say Paddy's been at the guts of 100 if you include the hurling. Only ever got one ticket off him as far as i can recall.

Have a definite promise  ::)  now from a business contact, will continue to explore all avenues until I have one in my mitt.
Don't Panic

Doohicky

Just to clarify, I do think Active members should be given tickets first and foremost, but I don't see how I have no right to complain that there are loads of people going to get tickets to the final without ever going to a game and only doing so because they know Mr A or Miss B.
It should be active members first, then people who go to the games through out the year and last the fairweather fans.

But honestly I can't see how it can be fixed. It will be like that for the foreseeable future.

If it hadn't been for a brain fart and me forgetting about adding my Membership back home I would probably be in a good position to get a ticket. I didn't so no I am not. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact so many people will be going down who didn't even know the AI was on until recently.

nearlymad

Quote from: Doohicky on September 15, 2008, 04:44:29 PM
Doohicky,

No I didn't become an active member of a club in Antrim. I was involved with Queens for a while when I was there but not in any other clubs here in Belfast after Graduation.
To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start up here with getting involved with a club as I don't know anyone in any up here.

Joining Club Tyrone is actually what I am planning to do. All I have to do is clear up some funds to get started up in it.

And from now on I am going to make sure I don't forget to put in my membership back home at the start of the season. That way I will make sure and get my tickets through the club instead of Ticketmaster and that will stand me in good stead for future AIs (Whether Tyrone are there or not)

So I should have difficulties getting a ticket despite attending a good number of games throughout the year? Good to know

Bullsh.t.If you wanted to join a Club you could go and look up the various websites of the Clubs in Belfast.  Lip service.

Doohicky

Quote from: nearlymad on September 15, 2008, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: Doohicky on September 15, 2008, 04:44:29 PM
Doohicky,

Bullsh.t.If you wanted to join a Club you could go and look up the various websites of the Clubs in Belfast.  Lip service.

If you say so. Joining one wouldn't be a problem. Putting myself in a position to be an active member when I know ZERO people is entirely different, but I suppose that would be no problem to you.

T Fearon

Shane, I suppose you'll be in the old GG box yourself, one again?