Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoDeo2

Not sure if its on youtube, i sky plus the match so had a look at it again there! Have to admit i've laughed a right few times at it too!! Mickey harte and another member of the tyrone staff try to help him up and he looks like he's about to take a swing at them lol

longball

Does anyone have a link of where to watch the game again online? (not RTE website as its Ireland only)
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

bcarrier

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on September 23, 2008, 01:14:48 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:05:24 PM

I hope we he seen the last of him and a Kerry jersey before he serously injures somebody.

jesus wept, are you for real?

Yeah, I am. Considering some of his tackles in recent years it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. Over zealous use of the fist, elbows and knees could be considered as dangerous.

Darragh O' Se is a legend.

Five all irelands in the modern era is fair evidence ( I know one other player has 5 too).

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: bcarrier on September 23, 2008, 02:36:43 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on September 23, 2008, 01:14:48 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:05:24 PM

I hope we he seen the last of him and a Kerry jersey before he serously injures somebody.

jesus wept, are you for real?

Yeah, I am. Considering some of his tackles in recent years it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. Over zealous use of the fist, elbows and knees could be considered as dangerous.

Darragh O' Se is a legend.

Five all irelands in the modern era is fair evidence ( I know one other player has 5 too).

I wasn't doubting his ability, only a fool would. I was merely pointing out that if he played for a northern team he would be he would receive some stick from the southern media, particularly if they think that Joe McMahon shouting at Tommy Walsh is worthy of a newspaper article.

Just because a guy has 5 All Ireland medals doesn't mean he is beyond criticism. The guy has been sent off twice this season and was walking a tightrope on Sunday. Many players would be labelled a liability with that record.

Muzz

Personally I think O'Se's actions are down to him not being at the top of his game.  He knows he was a lot better but simply doesn't have the legs to carry him through anymore.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 03:22:52 PM
I was merely pointing out that if he played for a northern team he would be he would receive some stick from the southern media, particularly if they think that Joe McMahon shouting at Tommy Walsh is worthy of a newspaper article.

I dont recall your vocal indignation after last years Leinster final when there was article after article about the Dubs doing the same thing.

This whole persecution of Northern players by the southern media theory is paranoia which surpasses even the Dubs.
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Wow, that was the stuff of dreams.

Mickey and his team can finally silence his critics, they have won the 2008 All-Ireland Championship in style.

That was an amazing display on Sunday. Yes there was basic errors on both sides, but Tyrone stepped up a notch at the right times and took the game to Kerry.

McConnell was flawless. Two great saves and his kick-outs were fantastic. Dooher, well what can you say.. the man IS Tyrone. Cavanagh was definatealy my MoTM.

It was a brilliant day be a Tyrone man, an Ulsterman and more importantly an GAA man. Sunday showed to the world, this is the best game in Croke Park and nothing comes close to it.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 23, 2008, 10:11:34 AM
well, very disappointed to say the least. hats off to Tyrone, they closed the game out superbly and every player was immense with obvious standout performances from Cavanagh and Dooher as well as the entire full back line. I Thought Hughes was the key factor though and I am surprised more havent mentioned him.

Too hasty to be calling for Pat O'Shea's head. Despite what people are saying now, not many were too surprised, or disappointed,  to see Brosnan starting ahead of Walsh and Sheehan had to start for the frees. Its true that he probably should have pulled them off earlier, but hindsight is 20/20. The team did come back from 3 down to 1 up after all. However, if the goal was to get the ball close to goal and feed gooch then they should have let Declan O'Sullivan run more with Gooch close by. The high ball wasn't working.

This one is going to be a hard one to come back from but we'll survive it.

Fair play to you Mike Sheehy - and there is little doubt, Kerry will survive and be back again when the business season is in full swing.

Good luck for 09.

MacCruiskeen

Congratulations Tyrone. It's hard to say it, but they really are a great team. When you start to have a sneaking admiration for Ryan McMennamin it's time to raise your hands, get past the natural (familial in my case) antipathy and say well done. A series of excellent total football performances make them deserving champs. They set the standard now.
Now that that's out of my system I'm away off to a bush like mad Sweeny to mutter and pick at myself for a few weeks.

Hardy

Great post Mac.
Quote from: MacCruiskeen on September 23, 2008, 05:57:54 PM
Now that that's out of my system I'm away off to a bush like mad Sweeny to mutter and pick at myself for a few weeks.

That made me laugh.

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to Tyrone and fair play to them for putting themselves up there as one of the great teams of the last 20 years.  They played well, had some excellent individual performers, with Cavanagh being the star.  It is amazing though the difference between success and defeat.  Kerry had two excellent opportunities for goals and I firmly believe if they had taken one of them, O'Sullivan's in particular, we would be on here congratulating them on 3 in a row.  Up till this point the game was liable to go either way.  if the man in possession had have been the Gooch, instead of Tommy Walsh, the would have won.  If the management had made the right substitutions at the right time.  These are all the foibles of a game and no doubt the ball bounced the right way for Kerry in the year as well as went against them. 

In th end of it all this does not take away from a great Tyrone win and from my own perspective, probably the lesser of the two evils as I am an imported Rebel!!!

The Iceman

Mickey Harte is a genius and for me is the best manager in Ireland this year, this decade and in my lifetime (i'm 30 boys)
great overall team performance on the day - great management from the sidelines - great management in the lead up to the match in terms of his puppeteering of the media
thought dooher's performance this year definitely merits the captains armband and sean cavanagh is a future captain

congratulations tyrone
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

redcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 23, 2008, 07:43:01 PM
  These are all the foibles of a game and no doubt the ball bounced the right way for Kerry in the year as well as went against them. 

Last year Kerry scored two goals when the Cork keeper went AWOL. This year the keeper did his job

Shortso79

Congratulations to Tyrone !

Did anyone see the Dooher / Harte interview on UTV Live last night ?

Logie was and stilll is hoarse.

Logie asked Dooher about the celebrations - due to the noise in the background - Dooher responded "I can't f***in hear you"  - live tv you cant beat it

Congratulations again

Frank Casey

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 22, 2008, 06:41:54 PM
On another point - did anyone hear gregory campbell on radio ulster this morning - he was on with mickey harte and was asked if he would congratulate the tyrone team - he said something along the lines of its always great when a british team wins an international competition! The bigotry is actually quite funny at this stage! Mickey Harte, needless to say, kept a dignified silence!

Apparantly he'd heard that the Kingdom were involved in a match in a foreign country and naturally assumed that it was the united version.

I wonder sometimes if the "ignorance" of GAA and other nationalist activities is put on a little just for effect.

I'm sure that any GAA man really doesn't care if its real or feigned ignorance, its his loss.
KERRY 3:7