Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 23, 2008, 11:28:18 AM
RE: GAA to investigate after Kerry official knocked to ground
Apparently a Kerry official was injured shortly after the final whistle on Sunday
He has badly bruised ribs etc.
Apparently Tyrone officials have said they cannot take any responsibility for this.
" if the guy was silly enough to get between Michaela Harte and a TV camera its not our fault"

HAHA....very good! That girl does love herself alright and always manages to squeeze herself into the picture and has time to fix her hair before the flash goes off! That's some talent!

There'd be no love lost between myself and the Tyronies but credit where it's due....fully deserved the win IMO so congratulations.

On the topic of goading players or "trash talking" a lot of teams have a lot of players who do it. I think it really lowers the tone of the game and to be honest is embarrassing to watch. I'd like to see the referees given some power to deal with this sort of thing but I think there will always be some d**ks who persist with it. I'd say most county teams have at least one player who would be at it....yes Tryone have a few and Kerry have a few but I'm glad to say Derry dont have any players who would stoop to that level ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 23, 2008, 11:28:18 AM
RE: GAA to investigate after Kerry official knocked to ground
Apparently a Kerry official was injured shortly after the final whistle on Sunday
He has badly bruised ribs etc.
Apparently Tyrone officials have said they cannot take any responsibility for this.
" if the guy was silly enough to get between Michaela Harte and a TV camera its not our fault"

f**k she really annoys me,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

Good one Berf!

Referees do have powers now to deal with trash-talking, as far as I remember. Wasn't it
added to the list of offences recently. Can't remember what it was called - unsporting
comments or something. Or did I dream that?

Anyway, - about the downing of the Kerry "official". Nobody has complained, so it's a
non-story, but the question is, what was he doing there? The pitch is for the players and
support crew and the officials. A fat fella in a dodgy looking suit has no business on the
field just because he's a member of some "committEEah".

And as for spectators on the pitch - very colourful and atmospheric, but it has to stop.
Apart from the obvious safety issues (some kid or ould wan is going to get trampled
someday), there'll always be some clown wanting to have a go at a player and players
don't deserve that. The GAA owes them more and it's time they got serious about
keeping the spectators where they belong and leaving the pitch to the people who belong
there. 

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on September 23, 2008, 11:53:09 AM

Anyway, - about the downing of the Kerry "official". Nobody has complained, so it's a non-story, but he question is, what was he doing there? The pitch is for the players and support crew and the officials. A fat fella in a dodgy looking suit has no business on the field just because he's a member of some "committeah".

He wasn't on the pitch - he was walking from the Kerry bench to the tunnel.

Congrats to Tyrone on an excellent performance - worthy winners.

peterquaife

Quote from: heffo on September 23, 2008, 12:07:16 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 23, 2008, 11:53:09 AM

Anyway, - about the downing of the Kerry "official". Nobody has complained, so it's a non-story, but he question is, what was he doing there? The pitch is for the players and support crew and the officials. A fat fella in a dodgy looking suit has no business on the field just because he's a member of some "committeah".

He wasn't on the pitch - he was walking from the Kerry bench to the tunnel.

What was Mr Important expecting, walking to the tunnel when 30 adrenaline fuelled footballers are coming in for half-time..."oh do excuse me, after you good sir...."

crossfire

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 20, 2008, 08:50:38 AM

I'm afraid you'll have to make a longer journey than going to Blayney son! Get into your car and go direct to Tralee and you'll see Sam on Monday evening ;)

I didn't have to go to Tralee after all. I might head down there next august for the Rose   :) :) :)

Hardy

The point stands. What's a fat fella in a suit doing on the bench?

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: under the bar on September 23, 2008, 10:55:18 AM
It was Colm Keys typical anti-ulster reporting.   No complaints whatsoever from Kerry yet Keys is trying to make a story out of nothing.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaa-championships/gaelic-football/gaa-to-investigate-after-kerry-official-knocked-to-ground-1480518.html

Cliona Foley in the same trash paper writes a whole article on Joe McMahon shouting at "Young Kerry forward Tommy Walsh" and goes on to interview Mickey HArte about goading.   Kieran Donaghy is the biggest mouth & goader in the game, yet the independent never mention it & hail him as some sort of messiah.   

I bet they didn't mention the dirty tackles that Kerry were throwing in all day, or good old Dara O Se and his usual dirty bat that he gets in during every game he plays. Yet he is portayed in the media as the last shining beacon of the high catch. I hope we he seen the last of him and a Kerry jersey before he serously injures somebody.

peterquaife

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:05:24 PM

I hope we he seen the last of him and a Kerry jersey before he serously injures somebody.

jesus wept, are you for real?

Jinxy

Quote from: mouview on September 23, 2008, 11:10:28 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on September 23, 2008, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: drici on September 23, 2008, 10:41:44 AM
Quote from: orangeman on September 23, 2008, 10:24:38 AM
allowed a number of Tyrone players to commit a series of personal fouls without issuing them with yellow cards.

Who are you referring to orangeman?

I think it was taken from the Independent. The most depressing and cynical paper ever. Their sister paper 'the evening herald' dedicated their front and back page yesterday to the fall of donahey and O'Shea, pictures included.

Fab Vinnie's tail-ending column was unreadable (again) yesterday. Jeez, does that man kill a metaphor.

I think he writes a load of random words on bits of paper, swallows them and then vomits on a page. Voila. One completely unintelligible newspaper article.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: peterquaife on September 23, 2008, 01:14:48 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 23, 2008, 01:05:24 PM

I hope we he seen the last of him and a Kerry jersey before he serously injures somebody.

jesus wept, are you for real?

Yeah, I am. Considering some of his tackles in recent years it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. Over zealous use of the fist, elbows and knees could be considered as dangerous.

CoDeo2

Just watched the incident again and the guy in the suit seemed to walk to a group of Tyrone players walking off and said something, the Tyrone player pushed him back and walked on and someone from the tyrone backroom staff etc pushed him again and he fell over!!

He shouldnt have been there anyway to be honest and i doubt he would have got pushed for no reason as he seemed to walk over to the tyrone players not the other way around!!

heffo

Quote from: CoDeo2 on September 23, 2008, 01:47:59 PM
Just watched the incident again and the guy in the suit seemed to walk to a group of Tyrone players walking off and said something, the Tyrone player pushed him back and walked on and someone from the tyrone backroom staff etc pushed him again and he fell over!!

He shouldnt have been there anyway to be honest and i doubt he would have got pushed for no reason as he seemed to walk over to the tyrone players not the other way around!!

Just seen it at the time - is it on youtube?

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

D4S

I have to say I've seen said incident about 6times at this stage and I laugh more each time I see it!!! :D :D :D

First time logged in since Sunday, it was a cracking day, brilliant match, unbelievable atmosphere had a great night up in Tyrone Sunday night in pub watching sunday game and then put match on again!  Same again last night tape of match was put on repeat all day, back to work today a Down man again and hoping we can dethrone the mighty Tyrone next year...but I enjoyed my weekend sabbatical as a Tyrone fan! Well Done Tyrone a famous win!!!  Moving there after the big day saturday week, but I'll still be a down man!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.