Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Quote from: longball on September 05, 2008, 05:49:48 PM
What does everyone think the team will be for the final? i think on the day tyrone will line out as follows
                                                                 John

Joe McMahon                                          Justin McMahon                         Conor Gormley

Davy                                                       Jordan                                      Ricey

McGinley                            Hub

Dooher                                                B McGugian                                    Penrose

T McGugian                                             Sean                                          McCullagh

This was team i predicted back on 5 september not a bad shout eh???
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Onion Bag

My biggest congratulations to Tyrone, worthy winners and the envy of everyone in the country. coming from an Armagh man i can only take my hat off to them, fair play to ye. was at the game and was thinking to myself after this is only the start of something big for this team, i can honestly see a collection of All Irelands gathering up, coz i cant see who in Ireland will be able to stand with them, Good Luck anyway and enjoy it  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

under the bar

The Citywest was some crack.   Sat night was the biggest sing-song I've ever seen until 4am and Sunday's events will live with me for ever.   When I saw Dooher's point I knew that like Mugsys goal in 2005, I had witnessed something truly special. 

The reception for the team back in the hotel was unreal, like 2005 but in many ways better.   We partied until 6am and on Monday basked in the sunshine & glory out the front until we saw our heroes off.

I met Paddy Heaney on Monday morning and reminded him of his bold prediction that Galvin would start, captain the team and lift Sam.   He responded simply by saying that Tyrone's performance was brilliant.

On talking to Mickey Harte at the end of the night, it would seem that he's not just looking at back-to-back but 3-in-a-row, such is the belief that man has.   After this season I would not bet against him.

mannix

Great win on sunday, now you are on the pedastal and you know what that means.
3 in a row? well lets see you get 2 in a row first, hearty congratulations on a great performance and enjoy the moment.

Mike Sheehy

well, very disappointed to say the least. hats off to Tyrone, they closed the game out superbly and every player was immense with obvious standout performances from Cavanagh and Dooher as well as the entire full back line. I Thought Hughes was the key factor though and I am surprised more havent mentioned him.

Too hasty to be calling for Pat O'Shea's head. Despite what people are saying now, not many were too surprised, or disappointed,  to see Brosnan starting ahead of Walsh and Sheehan had to start for the frees. Its true that he probably should have pulled them off earlier, but hindsight is 20/20. The team did come back from 3 down to 1 up after all. However, if the goal was to get the ball close to goal and feed gooch then they should have let Declan O'Sullivan run more with Gooch close by. The high ball wasn't working.

This one is going to be a hard one to come back from but we'll survive it.

orangeman

Quote from: under the bar on September 23, 2008, 10:01:36 AM
The Citywest was some crack.   Sat night was the biggest sing-song I've ever seen until 4am and Sunday's events will live with me for ever.   When I saw Dooher's point I knew that like Mugsys goal in 2005, I had witnessed something truly special. 

The reception for the team back in the hotel was unreal, like 2005 but in many ways better.   We partied until 6am and on Monday basked in the sunshine & glory out the front until we saw our heroes off.

I met Paddy Heaney on Monday morning and reminded him of his bold prediction that Galvin would start, captain the team and lift Sam.   He responded simply by saying that Tyrone's performance was brilliant.

On talking to Mickey Harte at the end of the night, it would seem that he's not just looking at back-to-back but 3-in-a-row, such is the belief that man has.   After this season I would not bet against him.

Steady on there !!!!!!!!!!!

orangeman

The GAA is set to launch an investigation into the incident which saw Kerry vice-chairman Patrick O'Sullivan knocked to the ground as the teams made their way off the field at half-time during Sunday's All-Ireland final.

A Tyrone player allegedly barged into O'Sullivan as he was making his way off the field, causing the startled Kerry official to lose his footing and fall to the ground close to the tunnel area under the Hogan Stand. The same player is also alleged to have collided with Kerry manager Pat O'Shea as the first half ended with tensions running high. The half-time whistle came on the back of yellow cards being brandished to Kerry pair Aidan O'Mahony and Darragh O Se.

The Kerry county board aren't expected to lodge a formal complaint about the incidents and may also overlook the treatment of Colm Cooper by one of the Tyrone supporters as he made his way off the field after the final whistle. The fan is question allegedly raised his hand to Cooper as the Kerry attacker pushed past him, but was then restrained by other Tyrone supporters around him.

Kerry chairman Jermone Conway played down the half-time incidents by saying: "Things happen in the heat of battle so Kerry will not be looking for any further action in what you say happened."

Pat O'Shea refused to criticise the performance of Laois referee Maurice Deegan, who allowed a number of Tyrone players to commit a series of personal fouls without issuing them with yellow cards.

"It is not my place to comment on the performance of a referee. Referees go out and try to do their best. All we can do is be thankful that we have referees and good referees in our game. Performances are scrutinised to the finest detail. I'd have nothing to say on that - the referee didn't cost us the game

the Deel Rover

congrats to Tyrone on their Ai win on sunday it was a great game for the neutral some real exciting stuff didn't think about it at he time but was said in one of the papers the all the scores from both teams 1 -14 came from play in the second half , doohers point in the first half was something special and Kavanangh was simply unmarkable on sunday what a display he scored some gems all in all it was just a great team display by Tyrone and we will be looking forward to hosting ye boys in the league in castlebar next year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Onion Bag

Quote from: orangeman on September 23, 2008, 10:24:38 AM
The GAA is set to launch an investigation into the incident which saw Kerry vice-chairman Patrick O'Sullivan knocked to the ground as the teams made their way off the field at half-time during Sunday's All-Ireland final.

A Tyrone player allegedly barged into O'Sullivan as he was making his way off the field, causing the startled Kerry official to lose his footing and fall to the ground close to the tunnel area under the Hogan Stand. The same player is also alleged to have collided with Kerry manager Pat O'Shea as the first half ended with tensions running high. The half-time whistle came on the back of yellow cards being brandished to Kerry pair Aidan O'Mahony and Darragh O Se.

The Kerry county board aren't expected to lodge a formal complaint about the incidents and may also overlook the treatment of Colm Cooper by one of the Tyrone supporters as he made his way off the field after the final whistle. The fan is question allegedly raised his hand to Cooper as the Kerry attacker pushed past him, but was then restrained by other Tyrone supporters around him.

Kerry chairman Jermone Conway played down the half-time incidents by saying: "Things happen in the heat of battle so Kerry will not be looking for any further action in what you say happened."

Pat O'Shea refused to criticise the performance of Laois referee Maurice Deegan, who allowed a number of Tyrone players to commit a series of personal fouls without issuing them with yellow cards.

"It is not my place to comment on the performance of a referee. Referees go out and try to do their best. All we can do is be thankful that we have referees and good referees in our game. Performances are scrutinised to the finest detail. I'd have nothing to say on that - the referee didn't cost us the game

Who was the player involved

Zapatista

Quote from: drici on September 23, 2008, 10:41:44 AM
allowed a number of Tyrone players to commit a series of personal fouls without issuing them with yellow cards.

Who are you referring to orangeman?

I think it was taken from the Independent. The most depressing and cynical paper ever. Their sister paper 'the evening herald' dedicated their front and back page yesterday to the fall of donahey and O'Shea, pictures included.

under the bar

It was Colm Keys typical anti-ulster reporting.   No complaints whatsoever from Kerry yet Keys is trying to make a story out of nothing.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaa-championships/gaelic-football/gaa-to-investigate-after-kerry-official-knocked-to-ground-1480518.html

Cliona Foley in the same trash paper writes a whole article on Joe McMahon shouting at "Young Kerry forward Tommy Walsh" and goes on to interview Mickey HArte about goading.   Kieran Donaghy is the biggest mouth & goader in the game, yet the independent never mention it & hail him as some sort of messiah.   

Onion Bag

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 23, 2008, 11:02:41 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 23, 2008, 10:34:13 AM

Who was the player involved
The word I got from home was that it wasn't a Tyrone player, but an assistant of the Tyrone team.

I was told it was Ryan Mellon

mouview

Quote from: Zapatista on September 23, 2008, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: drici on September 23, 2008, 10:41:44 AM
allowed a number of Tyrone players to commit a series of personal fouls without issuing them with yellow cards.

Who are you referring to orangeman?

I think it was taken from the Independent. The most depressing and cynical paper ever. Their sister paper 'the evening herald' dedicated their front and back page yesterday to the fall of donahey and O'Shea, pictures included.

Fab Vinnie's tail-ending column was unreadable (again) yesterday. Jeez, does that man kill a metaphor.

BerfArmagh

RE: GAA to investigate after Kerry official knocked to ground
Apparently a Kerry official was injured shortly after the final whistle on Sunday
He has badly bruised ribs etc.
Apparently Tyrone officials have said they cannot take any responsibility for this.
" if the guy was silly enough to get between Michaela Harte and a TV camera its not our fault"

Bensars

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 23, 2008, 11:28:18 AM
RE: GAA to investigate after Kerry official knocked to ground
Apparently a Kerry official was injured shortly after the final whistle on Sunday
He has badly bruised ribs etc.
Apparently Tyrone officials have said they cannot take any responsibility for this.
“ if the guy was silly enough to get between Michaela Harte and a TV camera its not our fault”

;D very good berf !