(So called) Republicans attack Sinn Fein MLA

Started by ziggysego, July 31, 2008, 07:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

bunch of young lads from ballymena including smiley were caught with incendiaries.When the case got to court another set of fingerprints were found on the incendiaries. Police would not say who the other person was (presumably because he was an informer) and the case was thrown out. I do not wish to say who the other person was as that could/may be libel however if you read smileys bebo page it is mentioned there

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Two Hands FFS

Nope..that was Kevin....but Paudie he played that day as well. Hard man to stop when on form. Remember him on top form after Watson got sent off for hitting him a few years in semi final of championship over in Dunloy. He hurled like a man possessed after that.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hurler on the Bitch

The whole irony is that I can recall in the 1980s when bonfires were common all over west Belfast every 9th, and the local 'community representatives' actively encouraged their building, the piss-up and then into the Brits... I agree times have changed but the thickos of twenty years ago are now in Stormont...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: orangeman on August 01, 2008, 04:03:40 PM
Leaving aside the issue of whether there should be a bonfire in Dunclug or not,,is Sinn Fein now trying to clean up the image of Republican areas by taking away the flags and now the bonfires ? Is this meant to impress the Unionist people or what ? Unionists / Loyalists have their flags and bonfires and we don't really think about them - why are Sinn Fein embarking on this policy now ?

What about asking Sinn Fein?  Too much for your brain??
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 01, 2008, 02:12:26 PM
Donagh, these lads would respect no-one

as a guy said to me at a wedding the other week in Enniskillen - the people around the place almost wish the 'boys' were still around to deal with these younger crew and their drugs and anti-social 'crimes' (his words not mine - and he is not a republican, but a quiet SDLP voter and I got a bit of a shock when he said this to me).

these young lads are asbo-types but sinn feins biggest crime here is their lack of effort in getting the psni to become th epolice force they were meant to be. I am still hearing collaborating stroies from Derry/Derry city, tyrone and Fermanagh about how the cops wont stop this anti social behaviour in nationalist areas and estates.

A lot of people are now mistakenly starting to think that the dissidents will do the job for them that the ira used to do in arresting these anti social activities and drugs.

There are the same kinds of gangs in dublin and limerick to name just two, but at least the cops down here will make some kind of effort to halt such behaviour. scumbags are scumbags wherever they are.

Bonfires should possibly only be allowed for halloween 'celebrations'  - but imo they should be stopped for pollution reasons.

smcafee - what are you talking about ? I think we get it that you dont like sinn fein. So what ?
do you actually have a point?
I am starting to ask the same question of ziggy too...
lynchboy,certain people should never be given the same sort of exposure as Karadic got.   For all the "nice" poses that various posters do, nothing takes away from them being  just bigoted thugs
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

Tis a problem OK. Andersonstown has been hit badly in post-ceasefire times. I don't blame SF or the IRA - it's something that has to be worked on and they're addressing it as best they can (juggling two sensitive grenades) and is an unavoidable consequence of post-oppression society.

It'd be great if a headmaster would make a stand and bring back the whip.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

b.castle

If these hoods in Ballymena are the new face of Irish Republicans then i want nothing to do with them,i know these hoods and they are using the name of Irish Republicans for there own cause,[Edited by Mod3]

,also sinn fein well all on for the bonfire and so were the people of that estate for a door to door poll wastaken before last years and everyone agreed because the ruc/psni said they would stay out of the estate so last year the new heros  had nobody to throw petrol bombs at so they turned against there own people and sinn fein and threw petrol bombs at them then started taken drugs and dealing so the community asked sinn fein this year that they didnt want it anymore and suggested a candillit vigil and open air mass which the new heros shot down because there wouldnt be enough craic for them,tells you alot about them when you see there bebo pages,

b.castle

sorry his link didnt come up but ifyou go to the utv website and look up the story about them attacking sinn fein members and read the comments and you will see the link.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 02, 2008, 09:58:02 AM
The chickens are just coming home to roost.  You cannot simply create a society where authority is despised and blamed for all ills, where the only rule of law is that dispensed with those with the biggest stick and greatest threat of violence and then expect it all to return to "normal" when it is decided that the "war is over".  The parents of these thugs grew up and lived in this type of society and obviously drank it all in, their children have become equally if not more outside the norm.  Now they are turning on those who would have given them direction, the former substitute for normal societal authority, the "community worker".  This is not the first community worker to have the community turn on him within the last year and won't be the last.

Unfortunately, we are all having to deal with a society which is affected by the lack of respect for authority wherever form it comes in.  How many of you have seen an increasing number of pre-teenage and adolescent children showing the type of disrespect for their parents that none of you would ever have dared to think about?  The basis of our society was the family unit where discipline and respect were taught and learned, where young people knew that there were consequences for their actions.  This has all changed, the causes are multi-factorial and not confined to N.Ireland, it is fairly widespread throughout GB, RoI and some would say western society.  Some blame it on liberal society where anything goes, all social norms have been eroded and we have a media and press which is obsessed with celebrity, sex and the "me" society. 

Poor parenting is playing a major role in this divergence into a society which none of us recognise.  Those of us who have a greater engagement with a broad scope of society, teachers, social workers, health workers, etc. are dealing with this at first hand and many can see no solution as the normal rules of society are breaking down, where the individual is more important than the community and where consequences and personal responsibilities are no longer important to a growing number of the disaffected.  Add into this the consequences of civil unrest where the authorities did not attempt to earn respect frpm most people, society became numbed to all levels of violence and a significant section of the population where encouraged to treat the authorities with at least disdain, then you have quite serious societal problems.  Just think back on the number of murders we have had in the last year, all of them brutal, many against defenceless women, and you will get a view of the society that is now N.Ireland.

Only the tip of these problems is coming to the fore because it is the media that decides which items are "newsworthy".  The attacks on community workers is in the news because the media is having a snigger at SF.  Many people in urban areas are living in fear to some extent from those who are disaffected and in rural areas we still have those who rule by fear of violence or retribution.  Outside of this, the vast majority are trying to live their lives to make the best for themselves and their families.  Make no mistake, the disaffected are here to stay and there is no simple solution, no asbos or "bringing back the boys" that will solve these problems.  We have to live with the consequences.

Take Your Points:

The middle bit of your speech was correct, the youth of today are out of control - but to try and lay that at the door of Sinn Fein or the Republican movement is absolute bullshit.
Society has moved on from the dark days of the "war" in all the bad ways. Teens, actually pre-teens as well have no respect for authority, be it parents or the police, they will do what they like.
Over the last 40 years, Republican/Nationalist areas had a significantly lower level of crime then other areas, be it in Britian or Ireland. This was because of the threat of punishment from the IRA. That threat has gone now and these same areas are now experiencing the same levels of criminality that everywhere else is suffering!
Actually the IRA protected our areas for 3 decades from this anti-social behaviour, they have gone now and we are joining the rest of society in their suffering - if anything could be said, it would be to bring back "the boys" to protect us all! Sir.

Tbc....

J70

Quote from: b.castle on August 02, 2008, 02:27:14 PM

Are these "allegations" a matter of public record?

carribbear

I love the way these new republicans were at the forefront of the battle, most of them were still pissing in their nappies when the first ceasefire was called.
They probably recall hearing about some chap called Robbie Sands who died for some reason or other but the details are irrelevant.

They have no idea of history or how to behave. It's youth in general, I see myself the greedy little bastards only think that they can take whaever they want without consequences, that they have right to behave in whatever fashion they desire and they ultimately get what they want. Spoiled little shits to be honest.

Maroon Heaven

My business recently had a run-in with some kids in the Markets area of Belfast. Could have turned very nasty at one stage and had to have 5 riot patrol jeep park outside while I had a group on a Summer scheme from East Belfast leave our premises. Was no problem up until a few 2 fingers insults were exchanged and within mins I had rocks come in my windows. Had to phone the Police and they reacted within 5 mins.

Within 2 hours parents from the markets and "representatives" had words and things had calmed. Good to see some sense provail and a smashed window was the least of my worries. I think if the PSNI had reacted it could have got alot worstand was glad they didn't.

From hearing about this Ballymena affair - it sounds as if this has been going on for a while and some elder member of the estate took their own iniative. I think the best thing to happen to those lads would be to be talked to and given more support, rather then left drift aside and into the hands of RIRA. The Noth does not need to go back into the days of innocent killings, a police force under attack and people living in fear.

smcafee

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 01, 2008, 12:07:52 PM
Quote from: smcafee on August 01, 2008, 11:57:39 AM
the people setting up the bonfire are republicans.
certainly more republican than daithi mc kay,padraig mc shane or anyone else in spin fein who are enforcing british occupation in ireland.

You going to have to define the republican rules and scoring system, clearly and distinctly if you going to start scoring people on their republicaness.
Im surprised that being a republican includes openly assaulting someone , pissing off your neighbours and being a bit thick?

I'd say we will be waiting a while before we hear the ballad of Ciaran Mc Gill.

a republican is someone who refuses to accept british rule in ireland.it is a fact that spin fein are helping enforce british rule in ireland and as a republican i back other republicans to take actions against enforcers by any means.