3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: flantheman82 on November 27, 2009, 11:03:17 PM
Can't find that on the app store anywhere. Are there any accessories you need?
How do you secure your iPhone while you run? Milltown rows success has me eager to impress him and break onto his squad.

If you type "Runkeeper" into the search facility on App store it brings up "Runkeeper Free" and "Runkeeper Pro". You can get sports armbands on ebay for about three quid, thats where i got mine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-SPORTS-ARMBAND-SKIN-CASE-For-APPLE-IPHONE-3G-UK_W0QQitemZ370288028504QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches?hash=item5636e2eb58
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

LeoMc

Have only read back a few pages and can see no mention but has anyone here tried the Kong Kong knock off iPhones. I have seen a few of them on e-bay generally going for £30-35.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Version-3-2-TFT-Touch-Screen-Mobile-Phone-P0-I68_W0QQitemZ230404729982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item35a5312c7e#ht_10739wt_754

I was told they generally had a lower resolution camera but, that apart, are there any big issues with them (no, I don't mean that I want a free magazine)
Are they worth the £35 or just a piece of 5hit?

flantheman82

I tried tosearch for runkeeper and those 'autofill' suggestions came up but the search actually came up blank.
The armband looks the business. Is there anyway of skipping songs without touching the screen?

Minder

Quote from: flantheman82 on November 27, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
I tried tosearch for runkeeper and those 'autofill' suggestions came up but the search actually came up blank.
The armband looks the business. Is there anyway of skipping songs without touching the screen?

Nah, you would be better having a "playlist" of selected songs so you don't have to change them.

I typed in "run" there and it is the second one in the autofill list. Google runkeeper on iphone and on their website there is probably a link to take you to it on app store.

Minder

Just went to their site on iPhone and there is a direct link to app store

The Real Laoislad

Nice tip on runkeeper I see they have a cycling option which I will use
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Candyman

Quote from: LeoMc on November 27, 2009, 11:14:35 PM
Have only read back a few pages and can see no mention but has anyone here tried the Kong Kong knock off iPhones. I have seen a few of them on e-bay generally going for £30-35.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Version-3-2-TFT-Touch-Screen-Mobile-Phone-P0-I68_W0QQitemZ230404729982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item35a5312c7e#ht_10739wt_754

I was told they generally had a lower resolution camera but, that apart, are there any big issues with them (no, I don't mean that I want a free magazine)
Are they worth the £35 or just a piece of 5hit?
Absolute fckuin rubbish!!! Guy brought one into me looking the MMS settings, it has the worst screen resolution EVER and you have to press each key several times before it does anything!!
That £35 you'd spend would cover 1 months line rental for the real McCoy...  ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2009, 10:23:54 AM
You'll not find this in the manual. Woke this morn to find the home button wouldn't work, it wouldn't charge and no mic. Tried everything - the holding buttons craic - restore - etc etc. Thought that's her then, she's banjaxed. Was going to bring her to the store when I tried youtube for one last effort. There was a blade on it and the same thing happened to hers. She says hers mended when it fell out of her pocket and banged on the concrete a few times - it seemed to restore iteself. Well I just flung her across the house, wall to wall, and hey presto! Good as new.

Lucky bastard, tried that for a friend and no good. Proceeded to take it apart, they don't spare the glue putting it together, which resulted in me cracking the lcd screen and ripping the ribbon cable out of it...  :-[
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ONeill

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 28, 2009, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2009, 10:23:54 AM
You'll not find this in the manual. Woke this morn to find the home button wouldn't work, it wouldn't charge and no mic. Tried everything - the holding buttons craic - restore - etc etc. Thought that's her then, she's banjaxed. Was going to bring her to the store when I tried youtube for one last effort. There was a blade on it and the same thing happened to hers. She says hers mended when it fell out of her pocket and banged on the concrete a few times - it seemed to restore iteself. Well I just flung her across the house, wall to wall, and hey presto! Good as new.

Lucky b**tard, tried that for a friend and no good. Proceeded to take it apart, they don't spare the glue putting it together, which resulted in me cracking the lcd screen and ripping the ribbon cable out of it...  :-[

Was on the verge of giving up. I think it finally worked after a final few smacks against the table.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lurganblue

I did download runkeaper but didn't like it cos I was always trying to find my location and not always successfully. I got rid of it and tried itreadmill which seems to work really well. I like the way it stores the history of your runs so you can compare them.

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on November 29, 2009, 10:17:09 AM
I did download runkeaper but didn't like it cos I was always trying to find my location and not always successfully. I got rid of it and tried itreadmill which seems to work really well. I like the way it stores the history of your runs so you can compare them.

I had problems with finding location at the start, if you turn off Wi Fi, go to the "maps" facility on your Iphone and find your current location, close it and open Runkeeper it always helped. Oh and try and be standing still when you are finding location on Runkeeper. I live in a 3G area though so that probably helps.

omagh_gael

Where abouts do u get the 3G signal Minder? Are u in the south? I have yet to find anywhere in the north where there is a 3G signal, does anyone know why this is?

Secondly, my contract is due for renewal at the end of January and I'm going to upgrade, anyone have any reviews of the iPhone 3GS? I will more than likely go for this. Is there a charge for the handset? When I got my iPhone 3G in august 08 it was £99.

Minder

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 29, 2009, 02:23:28 PM
Where abouts do u get the 3G signal Minder? Are u in the south? I have yet to find anywhere in the north where there is a 3G signal, does anyone know why this is?

Secondly, my contract is due for renewal at the end of January and I'm going to upgrade, anyone have any reviews of the iPhone 3GS? I will more than likely go for this. Is there a charge for the handset? When I got my iPhone 3G in august 08 it was £99.

I am in Belfast, 3GS is free on 24 mth £44 per mth tariff, if you want the £34 per mth contract the handset is about £90.

If you have the 3G why are you upgrading to the 3GS, when the new software update came out I June the 3G does everything the 3GS does, bar video recording capability.

lurganblue

On a rare occasion I get a 3g signal in lurgan but luckily in the town there is a bt openzone connection.
There is always a 3g signal in portadown town centre and rushmere shopping centre. Apart from that I rarely get it but then I'm not really ever in Belfast, Lisburn etc to see what the signal is
like there.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Minder on November 29, 2009, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 29, 2009, 02:23:28 PM

I am in Belfast, 3GS is free on 24 mth £44 per mth tariff, if you want the £34 per mth contract the handset is about £90.

If you have the 3G why are you upgrading to the 3GS, when the new software update came out I June the 3G does everything the 3GS does, bar video recording capability.

yeah got the new update couple of months ago, I didn't realise the only addition was the ability to take videos!

So if I was to keep my 3G iPhone I wonder what sort of contract they would offer if I stayed with them? Do they do any 12 months contracts if you hold onto your old handset?