3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know how to make the phone ring for longer? Mine is going to voicemail after about 15secs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

imtommygunn

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backstage/comments/whats-inside-apples-2007-av-cable

Interesting article on apple and sending output to TV. Crafty buggers. Like someone says here - going down the microsoft road...

lurganblue

do and of yous take your phone out with you while running? is there any risk of damaging it while running because of vibrations or anything like that?

thebigfella

Quote from: lurganblue on November 19, 2009, 09:15:08 AM
do and of yous take your phone out with you while running? is there any risk of damaging it while running because of vibrations or anything like that?

No, not unless you drop it.

ONeill

I always do but it's a nuisance holding it. I've seen plenty with it strapped to their upper arm with some Velcro gadget.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: thebigfella on November 19, 2009, 09:22:35 AM

No, not unless you drop it.

I've dropped it many a times and I've lost count the number of times I've run over it with the wheelchair. Still working grand.
Testing Accessibility

venter

Is the sky sports app only available in the north? That would be very handy especially with a cable to link it to the tv

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

I always do but it's a nuisance holding it. I've seen plenty with it strapped to their upper arm with some Velcro gadget.

I got one for £3 on ebay
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I'll buy it off you for £2?

Rafa

You know Velcro gadgets.

lurganblue

would it not be ok to have it in a jacket pocket and have it bonce around in there, cos i couldnt be bothered with that holding it craic?
also is it possible to get earphones for it that go round your ear and thus wont constantly fall out while running?

ONeill

You'll not find this in the manual. Woke this morn to find the home button wouldn't work, it wouldn't charge and no mic. Tried everything - the holding buttons craic - restore - etc etc. Thought that's her then, she's banjaxed. Was going to bring her to the store when I tried youtube for one last effort. There was a blade on it and the same thing happened to hers. She says hers mended when it fell out of her pocket and banged on the concrete a few times - it seemed to restore iteself. Well I just flung her across the house, wall to wall, and hey presto! Good as new.

ONeill

Malicious worm targets jail-broken iPhones

Users of jail-broken iPhones are being warned of yet another piece of malware after the discovery over the weekend of a worm with the ability to steal online banking credentials.

The new 'Duh' malware is likely to be based on the original Ikee worm which was spread a couple of weeks ago by a young hacker in Australia. Both target jail-broken iPhones with OpenSSH installed and the default password intact.

However, security experts have warned that its characteristics are much more malicious, and that hackers are likely to continue to propagate such malware if they can make money from it.

"It is much more serious than Ikee because it is not limited to infecting iPhone users in Australia, and communicates with an internet 'control and command' centre, downloading new instructions and effectively turning your iPhone into part of a botnet," said Sophos senior technology consultant Graham Cluley.

"Furthermore, it appears to be designed to steal information from users of online banking services."

Cluley's colleague at Sophos, Chester Wisniewski, added that the worm appears to be attacking IP ranges from a larger range of internet service providers. He recommended users to restore their phones to the Apple-supplied firmware, or think about choosing a different phone.

"If you want freedom of application choice, perhaps you should consider an Android-based phone rather than hacking your device into a potentially insecure state," he said in a blog post.

"This further demonstrates that iPhones are not ready for the business environment. Apple has made a great effort at preventing people from cracking into their software and unlocking/jail-breaking their devices, but where there is a will, there will always be a way."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/16/20091123/ttc-malicious-worm-targets-jail-broken-i-6315470.html

Minder

Saw that earlier, it is restricted to Holland at present and anyone that does online banking for a specific Dutch bank but they reckon it could spread easily.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill