3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

I was unemployed, she liked to txt, it was an expensive game of cat and mouse. :-\

Treasurer

Quote from: Puckoon on November 25, 2009, 09:25:49 PM
I was unemployed, she liked to txt, it was an expensive game of cat and mouse. :-\

Should have got her to sign up the board, you could have sent her 100 pm's a day and saved yourself a fortune.

Archie Mitchell

Its very easy to send alot of texts on the iPhone as its stored like a conversation and its like being on MSN Messenger or whatever. There is an app out there called Ping which is supposed to be good and will cut down on using messages, but only useful for other people who have iPhones.

screenexile

Sent 800 texts last month without realising and it stung me an extra 30 doots... was not impressed!!

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on November 25, 2009, 11:24:47 PM
Sent 800 texts last month without realising and it stung me an extra 30 doots... was not impressed!!

800 texts a month? 26 or so a day, every day? I wish I had your friends.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

Was happening me quite alot so signed up for one of the bolt ons. Extra 500 messages for £7.50. Might not use them all, but its worth it. If you send 575 messages without a bolt on, you will be charged at least an extra £7.50, though if you have the bolt on, you can send 1000 messages and still pay the same as you would for sending 575. Though they offer a bolt on of 800 messages for £30. Work that one out. They sneakily signed me up for this one, though when seen it on the bill got it cancelled and they refunded me, which I was suprised that they did.

ONeill

If you use the 02 app - it tells you exactly what you've used etc.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Whats the point in signing up for one of these fancy gadgets if you need to look at the fecking thing all the time to make sure you arent going over?

Send an email saying - sorry buddy, cant answer the phone til 7pm, let me know if that works, or ill give you a txt on the 4th when the new cycle rolls over.

Just realised - the reason we need such higher numbers over here for minutes and txts are because we get charged for incoming as well as outgoing.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2009, 11:33:01 PM

800 texts a month? 26 or so a day, every day? I wish I had your friends.

That's the thing I could be sending up to 3 messages at a time without knowing. My old phone used to tell me when I was pushing over into a 2nd message but the iphone doesn't do that. Also I was taking a team and sending a few group texts which accounted for at least 100 of the messages.

Candyman

lads i MIGHT have a solution... PM

Minder

Before I got the Iphone I would have sent about 300 txts a month but since I got it I would be close to the 500 every month. Far easier banging out the txts on the Iphone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Quote from: Minder on November 26, 2009, 12:48:58 PM
Before I got the Iphone I would have sent about 300 txts a month but since I got it I would be close to the 500 every month. Far easier banging out the txts on the Iphone.

i seem to be the opposite. i would have sent more than 500 texts when i was on the PAYG Genie card but i dont use that many now. must be because i now try to use up the minutes more... never get close to 600 mins a month!

flantheman82

Am currently on orange contract for 35quid a month with the nokia n96. Getting fed up with it freezing and the screen cracked and my contract runs out on 22nd of may.
Phoned orange to see what I could do to get iPhone. Offered me 16gb 3gs with 1200 minutes, 500 txts, and unlimited Internet, although also mentioned 750mb fair usage.
Anyone know what she was on about? Is it unlimited or is that more than enough?
Sound like a good deal?
Also, I have an 8gb iPod touch. Is there any need for me to hang onto this?
One more thing, anyone use the Nike + app? How does it work?

Minder

Quote from: flantheman82 on November 27, 2009, 10:31:31 PM
Am currently on orange contract for 35quid a month with the nokia n96. Getting fed up with it freezing and the screen cracked and my contract runs out on 22nd of may.
Phoned orange to see what I could do to get iPhone. Offered me 16gb 3gs with 1200 minutes, 500 txts, and unlimited Internet, although also mentioned 750mb fair usage.
Anyone know what she was on about? Is it unlimited or is that more than enough?
Sound like a good deal?
Also, I have an 8gb iPod touch. Is there any need for me to hang onto this?
One more thing, anyone use the Nike + app? How does it work?

I dont think it is unlimited internet with Orange but 750mb would be plenty. Have never used the Nike + app. I use a an app called Runkeeper, from the App store, is free or there is a "pro version" for £3.99. Is a great job, when you start your workout the app. times you, average pace, speed, incline, calories etc. When you finish the workout you can view your route on a map on Iphone and upload your runs to their website, which is excellent. There are a few similar apps to this but i havent seen a better one than Runkeeper.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

flantheman82

Can't find that on the app store anywhere. Are there any accessories you need?
How do you secure your iPhone while you run? Milltown rows success has me eager to impress him and break onto his squad.