most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 22, 2008, 09:34:47 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2008, 09:25:20 PM
slightly off topic but what the hell.

My sisters friend and her husdand went to New York as he had retired and this was their first holiday together alone so they were pushing the boat out. They were staying in an Hotel (name escapes me) the husband was in the lbar on the first floor waiting for her, she got into the lift to go down to the bar, the lift stopped and two black fellas got in, one said "hit the ground honey" meaning press the botton for the ground floor, well she shit herself and lay on the floor, needless to say the other two nearly killed themselves laughting. she was shaking like a leaf when she met the husband, he couldnd fing out who it was.

when he went to settle the bill he was amazed to find it was paid, on questioning the person it turned out that it was Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, Will had paid the bill, she had no idea who he was.

Aye right!!!

http://www.snopes.com/racial/mistaken/hitfloor.asp

i am only passing on what i was told, if its a load of keek then so be it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2008, 10:15:49 PM
I bet you're not even called Square Ball.

I am, its amazing how many people know me at matches!

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2008, 10:33:48 PM
Is it really that noticeable?

Yip, theses just no escaping it! just people shouting, some of them get it wrong some times, them seem to add ref to the end of it

laceer

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 22, 2008, 07:09:33 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 22, 2008, 06:50:58 PM
Met Ian Rush in Curleys in the late 80s.
Met Pat Jennings at Benburb Sunday in the mid 80s.

I met Ian Rush that day too - in Intersport - i've still got the card that he signed for me with his picture on it! Also met Curley Watts from Coronation Street in Curleys as well!

Jan Molby in Costcutters

Aerlik

Martin O'Neill,
Jock Stein,
Sue Townsend, Brookside
Madge, Neighbours
Jimowen
I've been flying Andrew Forrest, Australia's richest man ($A10bn+) around quite a bit too.  Have to tell him to switch his bloody phone off too.  Decent bloke.  One day I had him, his dad, and his brother all on the same plane.  No tips though...feckers.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Armagh4SamAgain

wood people tip u for bein a pilot. Theres a thead about that. I no Kieran McGeeny.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

brokencrossbar1

Met Stephen Hunt at the bar in Liverpool Airport last earlier this year after myself andf BC junior saw his Reading team beaten by Liverpool in Anfield, had a pint and a photo, feck he is small.  Bumped into Ronnie Whelan outside a pub off Capel Street and nearly got mowed down one day by Paul McGrath on Grafton Street.

Shane McGowan nearly pissed on my shoes in the Students Union toilets in Quenn's.  Both of us pissed as f**k and had a laugh about it.

Told Bono he was a jumped-up, pretentious little shit in Annabels one night.  We were there for the brothers stag night and the management were making us move out of the seats at the bar we had been occupying to make way for the "VIP".  Told them to shove their seats up their holes.

illdecide

Pope John Paul

But some day i'd really like to meet Tony Fearon
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Billys Boots

QuoteI had a pint with shane mc gowan.

I shared a bottle of 'wine' (or something) with Shane and Spider Stacey.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thejuice

Dont like making people jealous but I met Johnny Logan. Also my brother got his photo taken with a wooden cut-out of Mr.T at the steam treshing fair in Drumree

but seriously, I met Eddie O'Sullivan, Ronan O'Gara and Brian O'Driscoll in the City West hotel.

But Im most proud of getting my photo with Graham Gerathy, Tommy Dowd and Sam Maguire in the Ashbourne House in 99, woo-hoo
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Drumanee 1

Doogie Browser

Met Eddie Jordan outside Celtic Park after AC Milan Champs League last 16 game last year, posed for a photo at Brother Walfrid Statue - well he did ask.  Very nice fella though.
Also had a piss beside big Ian once (not so sure about the big though) - talk about stage fright!

raisins

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 20, 2008, 11:06:42 PM
Had a few pints with John Aldridge,Met Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka in Melbourne once and also met Keanu Reeves as he was in Sydney filming one of the Matrix films so i suppose he was the most famous..
Also met Pat Cash in a pub in Melbourne and had a pint with him

I stalked Pat Cash down the Kings Road in London as I have a lifelong obsession with him since he won Wimbledon in 1987. Thought he didn't see me but he then turned round and winked at me!! Officially met him in the line of business last year and I'm sure he looked at me as though I was a crazzzyyy lady

tintin25

Plenty of Soccer players; Juventus and Barcelona teams back in 03, which included the recently signed Ronaldinho! Pestered most of them for photo's and had plenty taken only to discover when I got them printed that there was no flash! Photo's turned out shite!

mouview

Clasped hands with Pope Benedict when he was exiting St. Peters after saying Mass (truly).