most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I was once a pillion passenger on Lennox Lewis motorcycle. . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MayoMan

Met this lad signing autographs yesterday in a shopping centre in Vegas....

he played the hulk.....

check this documentary out, himself and arnie were in competition together...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaJltPRceU0

Puckoon

Dont think Ive met anyone famous.

Ive been on the same plane as both Bill Murray and Jared Leto.

balladmaker

You know the way you pass someone on the street, and you know that you know them from somewhere....you say hello, they say the same back.....when you walk past, you take a quick look around thinking 'who is that?'...and you find they are also giving you the same quick glance.....had one of those moments in NYC's Tribeca 3 years ago, the man was Robert de Niro, out walking a dog.  It was his cap that threw me.  Always puzzled me who he thought I was  :D

Another occasion, the lift door opened at my floor in a Las Vegas hotel, there was Willie Nelson and his entourage, no room left on the lift so I had to wait on the next one.....Nelson quipped out of the lift at me...'Better luck next time buddy'....never did like his singing anyway.

ONeill

Met Ian Rush in Curleys in the late 80s.
Met Pat Jennings at Benburb Sunday in the mid 80s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Got Russ Abbotts autograph outside white hart lane after a Spurs v Liverpool game in 1990

ONeill

Met Rolf Harris in the toilets in Dun Laoghaire.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on June 22, 2008, 06:50:58 PM
Met Ian Rush in Curleys in the late 80s.
Met Pat Jennings at Benburb Sunday in the mid 80s.

I met Ian Rush that day too - in Intersport - i've still got the card that he signed for me with his picture on it! Also met Curley Watts from Coronation Street in Curleys as well!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Yes, thought he was quite surly. Loved his moustache though.

Rav67

Pangurban

President Kennedy
Jhonny Cash and his wife June Carter
Louis Armstrong
Miss World-from India, cant remember her name
Eamon De Valera
and many others too numerous to mention, needless to say they were all delighted to have met me

Minder

Colt Severs aka The Fall Guy and once met Marlon Brando in the tescos in Yorkgate

Square Ball

slightly off topic but what the hell.

My sisters friend and her husdand went to New York as he had retired and this was their first holiday together alone so they were pushing the boat out. They were staying in an Hotel (name escapes me) the husband was in the lbar on the first floor waiting for her, she got into the lift to go down to the bar, the lift stopped and two black fellas got in, one said "hit the ground honey" meaning press the botton for the ground floor, well she shit herself and lay on the floor, needless to say the other two nearly killed themselves laughting. she was shaking like a leaf when she met the husband, he couldnd fing out who it was.

when he went to settle the bill he was amazed to find it was paid, on questioning the person it turned out that it was Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, Will had paid the bill, she had no idea who he was.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

5 Sams

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2008, 09:25:20 PM
slightly off topic but what the hell.

My sisters friend and her husdand went to New York as he had retired and this was their first holiday together alone so they were pushing the boat out. They were staying in an Hotel (name escapes me) the husband was in the lbar on the first floor waiting for her, she got into the lift to go down to the bar, the lift stopped and two black fellas got in, one said "hit the ground honey" meaning press the botton for the ground floor, well she shit herself and lay on the floor, needless to say the other two nearly killed themselves laughting. she was shaking like a leaf when she met the husband, he couldnd fing out who it was.

when he went to settle the bill he was amazed to find it was paid, on questioning the person it turned out that it was Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, Will had paid the bill, she had no idea who he was.

Aye right!!!

http://www.snopes.com/racial/mistaken/hitfloor.asp
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility