most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 21, 2008, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
i shared a lift with alan shearer in the burlington hotel on the morning of the all ireland semi tyrone v kerry in 2003! He was asking me about the match- who was playing etc! I asked him what he was up to today - he said he was playing golf! At that point i noticed his golf clubs beside him! Felt a bit of a gimp!

Must have been a magic lift actually,  because i also met eoin liston and adrian logan in the same lift! All at different times though!

What the funniest/stupidiest/most embarrassing thing people have said to a famous person???

Also met Alan Shearer.Pure gentleman he was too

I think I saw it on the telly.
Was that in a McDonalds resturant? Did something funny happen around him signing an autograph for you?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Zapatista on June 21, 2008, 02:55:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 21, 2008, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
i shared a lift with alan shearer in the burlington hotel on the morning of the all ireland semi tyrone v kerry in 2003! He was asking me about the match- who was playing etc! I asked him what he was up to today - he said he was playing golf! At that point i noticed his golf clubs beside him! Felt a bit of a gimp!

Must have been a magic lift actually,  because i also met eoin liston and adrian logan in the same lift! All at different times though!

What the funniest/stupidiest/most embarrassing thing people have said to a famous person???

Also met Alan Shearer.Pure gentleman he was too

I think I saw it on the telly.
Was that in a McDonalds resturant? Did something funny happen around him signing an autograph for you?

`

Eh no  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Zapatista

Do ye not remember the McDonalds ad where the young geekey fella working behind the counter can't believe his luck when Alan Shearer comes in for some grub. The Young fella pretends he needs a copy of Shearers signature to match the credit card but the young fella is being cute and only wants Shearers autograph. Shearer signs a piece of paper and give the fella a knowing smile. That wasn't you then I take it.

Minder

I once got a very drunken diddy ride from Bet Gilroy,who we all knew and loved in Coronation Street
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Quote from: Minder on June 21, 2008, 04:10:26 PM
I once got a very drunken diddy ride from Bet Gilroy,who we all knew and loved in Coronation Street

The ultimate fantasy Minder!!!

phpearse

Had a breakfast meeting with Ted Kennedy in Boston. Just four of us at a table not a big business meeting where everbody is there. Company I was working for was looking to invest in the Boston area. He was more interested in chatting about the north. He had great time for McGuiness.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 21, 2008, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 21, 2008, 04:10:26 PM

The ultimate fantasy Minder!!!

Aye her or Dolly Parton.... :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the colonel

i picked holly willoughby up at the airport in edinburgh and left her back down after playing in student union in scotland, great girl, very nice even though nobody turned up to her dj set. didnt get her tits out though.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Boynegael

I used to babysit for one of the New York news readers...Met a lot of celebs through that job.....Bette Midler, Michael Douglas, Conan O' Brien.  Met Liam Neeson several times...very nice man and down to earth...he loves fishing and his motorbike, until he nearly got killed on it....hit a deer...

Acutally had brunch in his house in Millbrook, NY several times...and a dip in his pool...Met Natasha Richardson, Vanessa Redgrave there..
Use your head...your feet are for dancing.

FL/MAYO

Shared a house with the original kid from the Finger of Fudge ad...a finger of fudge is just enough...

Jack Nicholson said hello to me while he was standing at a street corner in NYC, did not figure out who it was until I was half up the street.

The Real Laoislad

I saw Brendan Kilkenny in town earlier  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

fred the red

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 21, 2008, 06:50:44 PM
Shared a house with the original kid from the Finger of Fudge ad...a finger of fudge is just enough...

Jack Nicholson said hello to me while he was standing at a street corner in NYC, did not figure out who it was until I was half up the street.

He musta recognised you!  ;D

Minder

I went orienteering with Christopher Walken in the early 90's
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

Stayed in the same hotel as the Portugal team at the World Cup in 2002.  Arrived the day Corea put them out which caused a massive street party in Seoul during which we were given loads of Corean flags and stuff.  Got back to the hotel and the who Portugal team were in the lobby.  Never moved as quick in my life to get rid of the stuff wed been given.  Got photos with the whole squad.  Next day saw Rui Costa in the bar and went up to him and offered him a pint to commisserate he said hed take it only if we joined him for it.  So me and my brother and cousin ordered pints and sat down.  When the bill came Rui Costa paid for it (which was a good job as it was about 15 euro a pint).  Wouldnt let us leave and he and Pauletta and Petit paid for out drinks all evening and the 6 of us sat chatting.  Three really nice guys
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

full back

Quote from: David McKeown on June 21, 2008, 07:58:47 PM
Stayed in the same hotel as the Portugal team at the World Cup in 2002.  Arrived the day Corea put them out which caused a massive street party in Seoul during which we were given loads of Corean flags and stuff.  Got back to the hotel and the who Portugal team were in the lobby.  Never moved as quick in my life to get rid of the stuff wed been given.  Got photos with the whole squad.  Next day saw Rui Costa in the bar and went up to him and offered him a pint to commisserate he said hed take it only if we joined him for it.  So me and my brother and cousin ordered pints and sat down.  When the bill came Rui Costa paid for it (which was a good job as it was about 15 euro a pint).  Wouldnt let us leave and he and Pauletta and Petit paid for out drinks all evening and the 6 of us sat chatting.  Three really nice guys

WTF David :D