Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Coulter came on in the county final last year in the replay against longstone, and only for coulter coming on and scoring his goal for them to win by 2points, it would have been longstones day! He played with a bad injury and through taking injections for the pain supposedly, all because he wanted mayobridge to win 4 county titles in a row...You have to respect him!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

full back

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 28, 2008, 03:07:36 PM
would hope for a big game outa john clarke tomro, see suma that league form.

Seen Clarke in the Div 1 league final & he looked good before he was sent off for fcuk all
Havent seen him do much in the championship yet though

D4S

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 28, 2008, 03:07:36 PM
apparently the game is gonna be delayed by 15 mins due to the 36 000 strong crowd

Is it really a sell out? I was thinkin there might be 30000 there but didnt think it would be a sellout!  Hope it is the atmosphere would be electric if the bloody rain stays away and we're not all soaked ala omagh 2005!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

western exile

Danny Murphy was quoted in the papers this week that they had set the capacity at 33,000 and that they expected to sell all those tickets

balladmaker

QuoteCoulter strikes me as the type of lad that would play no matter what.
Was it the county final or Ulster club that he appeared in and he could hardly f**king walk.
We just have to keep the ball away from him

It is poor management that allows a man who can hardly walk to play in a game! 

I thought Coulter was not at his fittest in the replay against Tyrone, he seemed to be hampered by something.

Down Gael

Just listened to Martin McHugh on Radio Uladh on the way home. Unsurprisingly he is going for Armagh. Thinks they have too much experience for this Down team.

armaghniac

Pete McGrath on RTE went for Down, and of course he is unbiased. In any case may the best team win. Given the weather I would say only one thing whether you are from Armagh, Down or anywhere else

Leave your f***ing umbrella at home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteLeave your f***ing umbrella at home.

Well said that man! If you don't want to get wet wear a coat with a hood!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

In the Onion Bag

I have really enjoyed the banter on this thread. 

To those of you 'superior brains' on this thread seeking intellectual, cultured debate and taking it all too seriously, I say wise up and take a reality check.  Its only a game between two amateur teams (albeit Counties who love to hate each other). 

Do you really think the crap you put on here makes a difference?  If you are in doubt about this I can solve it for you. Get back in touch with a real life.

I genuinely agree with armaghniac's advice "don't take umbrellas".  I'm on the terrace and if someone stands in front of you with one its a real a piss off which usually takes cross words to resolve.

I also think the banter on this thread is ending the proper way.  Both sets of supporters are now settling down and looking forward to what, hopefully will be a really good entertaining and competitive game.  This is all I am hoping for.  My only fear is that Down will fold under the Arma's superior presence.

PS- I am still looking for a bed in Sth Arma 2more nite to break my journey.  Any one help me out?

Down Gael

Very well said ITOB. Some of the posters with a high post count think their views are more important than us lesser mortals. Its a bit of crack. A wind up, only people like Uladh think this is reality. maybe its all the poor lad has, who knows?
Anyway, enjoy the game, win lose or draw we`ll all shake hands afterwards and head for a few drinks. I will have my umbrella with me tomorrow. Just in case.

bridgegael

awful amount of shite talked on this thread,  from both sides!!   just getting ready to go to clones,  hopefully the match lives up to its hype.  there won't be a kick of the ball in it,  but i have a feeling that down will win it.  Big Ambrose to get man of match, he has been playin now for down like he has been playin for the stone, thats only a good thing!! Down by 1.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

orangeman

Have to go for Down in this one and hope that Tyrone minors can take Cavan. Hope the rain stays away also.

woodfield

Would appreciate help with following: what radio station(s) will be broadcasting the game. Thanks!!

ardal

Quote from: woodfield on June 29, 2008, 12:56:05 PM
        Would appreciate help with following: what radio station(s) will be broadcasting the game. Thanks!!

You'l get a bit of coverage from rte, think www.highlandradio.com  will have the whole thing on radio. check out thread about internet access.

Expect a draw today; with Armagh getting a last second equaliser, then they'll (Armagh) pull clear in the replay.