Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Down's lack of good forwards cost them, why can we not shoot from 30 yards out?  Why cant Benny turn it on when needed?
Defence and midfield held up well. Thought the ref was too fond of the book.

bridgegael

Quote from: joemamas on June 29, 2008, 05:51:36 PM
Awful game, ball handling atrocious.

hard to see either of being involved come late august.

Cannot but have a lot of admiration for Stephen Macdonnell. I hope he plays until he is 38.

armagh will be there late august!  they won't blow teams away,  they'll beat them by 2/3 points,  thats what there all about.  

ya's can slag off both teams,  somehow or another i get the feeling the two teams will be there come august!!!!  IMO
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ExiledGael

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2008, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: bridgegael on June 29, 2008, 05:44:31 PM
QUESTION??  can down meet tyrone again in qualifier??
I think so, yes. Open to correction on that though.

Ay totally open draw though Tyrone are going to get Derry.

bridgegael

SPIRIT!!  what do you want benny to do??win his own ball and then kick it in to himself??  theres more than him on the team!!!  as usual the best players get the blame when their team doesn't win.  PS your a bad umpire!!!!!!

spiritof91and94

our forwards were very poor and only for Carr taking the frees kept in touch, Doyle's injury was a big factor, he would have landed at least three of the frees we missed. We all probably expect Benny to play the way he does at club level, awesome, and get carried away, he is obviously carrying a injury though.

pintsofguinness

Always great to see Down put in their place.

I bet all Irelands fifty years ago was some confort on the way out the gate  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bridgegael

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 29, 2008, 06:17:39 PM
Always great to see Down put in their place.

I bet all Irelands fifty years ago was some confort on the way out the gate  :D

pints, fair play armagh won fair and square,  but f**k me some people are bad winners!!!
  i know some Down ones were one here talking shite,  fair majority of down folk will say Armagh won fair and square. 

bridgegael

holy f**k!!  this is what i hate already few down ones talkin bout, 'he or him' shouldn't' be on!!  were were these 'supporters' when we played limerick/fermanagh in the league!!  anyone the says any intercounty player is shite,  shoud realise these boys give a lot of their time and effort!!!!!!   all the best to  armagh!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bridgegael on June 29, 2008, 06:56:10 PM
holy f**k!!  this is what i hate already few down ones talkin bout, 'he or him' shouldn't' be on!!  were were these 'supporters' when we played limerick/fermanagh in the league!!  anyone the says any intercounty player is shite,  shoud realise these boys give a lot of their time and effort!!!!!!   all the best to  armagh!

Think your out of order mate, this is a discussion board in case you forgot.

David McKeown

Thought it was a poor enough game today with Armagh full value for their win. Thought McKeever was excellent today on coulter. Ref was very poor although I have no complaints about O Rourke getting sent off. Both teams will have to improve to challenge for honours this year. Also thought Stephen Kernan had as good a game as I have seen from him today
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stew

Quote from: David McKeown on June 29, 2008, 08:06:48 PM
Thought it was a poor enough game today with Armagh full value for their win. Thought McKeever was excellent today on coulter. Ref was very poor although I have no complaints about O Rourke getting sent off. Both teams will have to improve to challenge for honours this year. Also thought Stephen Kernan had as good a game as I have seen from him today

Armagh are still the class of the field in Ulster and are only going to get better. Why MOR was playing in the second half is beyond me as he looked like it wasnt going to take much more until he got his marching orders.

We squandered a lot of chances today and still won handily enough. Fermanagh are a lively outfit and they will be ready to go on Ulster Final day given that they have never won the Ulster.

Down were what I thought they were, an improved team who have potential but one that would be unable to get past any team with a decent shot at winning the AI, Down are at best a lower second tier team which is a marked improvement on where they have been since the early nineties.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Down needed Liam Doyle and Benny Coulter firing on all cylinders, and that they did not have.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

centre 3/4s

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 29, 2008, 08:28:11 PM
Down needed Liam Doyle and Benny Coulter firing on all cylinders, and that they did not have.

Agree totally but as we have been saying for the last number of years its about time the others stepped up to the plate. Yes Liam and Benny are two of the most quality ball players in the modern game but if we are honest we are carring a few who dont seem to want to roll the sleeves up when the pressure is on. IMO hughes, murtagh rafferty etc, have all had too many chances and although still young have been great servants, however, is there any others in the county that could replace them?

tyroneman

Quotean improved team who have potential but one that would be unable to get past any team with a decent shot at winning the AI

::)

A Team that won..........................how many Championship games last year, are now in with a decent shot at the AI?????? Kerry would have put double between them and Down.

orangeman

Fair play to Armagh - seasoned campaigners who gave Benny the "treatment" and Down's attack floundered after that - 2 points from play in 70 - 75 minutes football from Doown tells it all.