Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Jeysus yous Arma wans need to relax a bit.  Why are you all gettin so uptight - sure its only Down you play 2moro.  I have zero hopes for a Down win (as my previous posts will confirm) see the copy below.  

QUOTE: "I am going to the match as a proud Down man.  I am already satisfied because our boys will be pleased to for the chance to grace the same pitch as these Arma greats.  After all look at Arma's achievements?
Down cannot realistically expect to match McGrane in midfield, McDonnell and Clarke upfront and wow betide us if Francie starts in defense.  We should just satisfy ourselves by enjoying our day out, enjoy a few beers, the craic and bask in the reflective glow of the Arma titans as they steam roller over us.  Look what Arma's achievements since history began in 2002 (or was it 03 - doesn't matter, just a flash in the pan really).
To be well trashed and by this superior Arma team is an honour and right we have earned and we should be glad for it.
Ps: I plan to take a detour on the way home and stop at the Cross to congratulate Arma on their fine win.  Maybe meet a few of you there for a friendly pint?" (END QUOTE)

Now, could a Down man be humble more than that?  On a more serious note though.  I am a really bad traveller and will need to break up the journey to Clones.  Wonder if there are any Sth Arma Samaritans out there who would put me up for the night?

SouthArmaghBandit

You could stay here. At least they would keep you away from the drink.

D4S

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 28, 2008, 12:26:08 PM
QuoteWhat a fuckin stupid comment! Down posters coming out of the woodwork...sure isnt our team only coming out of the woodwork!

So Down didn't play any matches in 06 or 07? Genuine supporters support their team no matter how they're doing.

What a dick you are :o :o
I f u read my whole post you would see I was referring to the volume of post here which is obviously likely to increase if we are still in the championship..which we hadn't been in previous years!!! I went to as many national league games this year I could get to and I was at 4mckenna cup matches! You say how genuine supporters support their team no matter how well they are doing...Where were all the armagh supporters last year when you got beat in ballybofey!! They attendance of armagh support that day was a disgrace!!!   1st round game in omagh this year was probably 60-40 tyrone support...ballybofey last year was a joke as you wren't expected to win..the support was about 90-10 in favor of donegal!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Down Gael

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on June 28, 2008, 12:55:30 PM
You could stay here. At least they would keep you away from the drink.

I believe Uladh`s room is free this weekend, maybe he would rent it out for the night. he could buy a few more bottles of buckie for the lads before the game  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhat a dick you are 
I f u read my whole post you would see I was referring to the volume of post here which is obviously likely to increase if we are still in the championship..which we hadn't been in previous years!!! I went to as many national league games this year I could get to and I was at 4mckenna cup matches! You say how genuine supporters support their team no matter how well they are doing...Where were all the armagh supporters last year when you got beat in ballybofey!! They attendance of armagh support that day was a disgrace!!!   1st round game in omagh this year was probably 60-40 tyrone support...ballybofey last year was a joke as you wren't expected to win..the support was about 90-10 in favor of donegal!

Come on D4S, you're from a  county that's won 5 All Irelands. Don't be letting people from insignificant little counties with only 1 All Ireland annoy you.

Quotethe support was about 90-10 in favor of donegal

Accuracy clearly isn't your strong point.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

D4S

80-20 then at best! Just trying to illustrate my point...you said about supporting all the time..I was saying where were yous last year when you weren't fancied in ballybofey???

Swings and Roundabouts my friend! Some people have short memories!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Minus15

This thread has disintegrated into crap. Compared to the Down Tyrone thread a few weeks ago it lags way behind. What happened to proper discussion? The behaviour of the majority of posters of late in getting into silly arguments has served to discourage the more knowledgeable and insightful posters from saying anything at all. FFS lads    sort it out. Down to win 2-11 to 0-15.

D4S

Quote from: Minus15 on June 28, 2008, 02:25:03 PM
This thread has disintegrated into crap. Compared to the Down Tyrone thread a few weeks ago it lags way behind. What happened to proper discussion? The behaviour of the majority of posters of late in getting into silly arguments has served to discourage the more knowledgeable and insightful posters from saying anything at all. FFS lads    sort it out. Down to win 2-11 to 0-15.

I know I have been part of the backbiting but jesus it's hard not to when you read some of the drivel! I have been thinking exactly what you said how it doesnt compare to the tyrone-down thread...there were 91 pages i think over the 2matches.  But it probably goes to show the rivalry between the 2 counties how much it annoys people when the other county says anything against the opposing team, or supporters, or honours etc.  There is fierce reaction! I'll give my prediction again as I like how it loks when I write it...this is probably the 6th time ive wrote it on this thread!

Down 1-12 Armagh 0-13

mournerambler

Having read with interest the posts on the Down v Armagh game on Sunday, i am sure i could be forgiven for thinking i had logged onto another site (h_ganstand), any chance of a little bit of intelligent/constructive debate or am i asking too much?

dodgy umpire

should we make much of this coulter groin problem?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

D4S

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 28, 2008, 02:45:20 PM
should we make much of this coulter groin problem?

He does genuinely have a niggly groin strain but he'll definitely still play and I don't think it'll hamper him too much..he has played through the pain barrier for his club and county before.

dodgy umpire

with that in mind would playin him at centre half be such a good idea, he would have to run as much in the FF line?

dodgy umpire

full back

Coulter strikes me as the type of lad that would play no matter what.
Was it the county final or Ulster club that he appeared in and he could hardly f**king walk.
We just have to keep the ball away from him

dodgy umpire

true hes a mans man, not one of these spice boys with the white boots and socks pulled up. would hope for a big game outa john clarke tomro, see suma that league form. apparently the game is gonna be delayed by 15 mins due to the 36 000 strong crowd