An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Newry would be good venue alright - it would suit both sides.

Louth Exile

Quote from: orangeman on July 02, 2008, 10:57:44 PM
Newry would be good venue alright - it would suit both sides.

Drogheda suits better, thanks
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

So, with Mulgrew and Mulligan back training with the county squad:

Ricey - Justin - Quinn
Harte - Gormley - Jordan
Cavanagh - Holmes
Dooher - McGuigan - Mulgrew
McCullagh - Colm Cav - Mulligan

I know we'd like to see a major shake up as things have gone stale a wee bit but I can see Micky sticking to his tried and tested.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 02, 2008, 11:28:51 PM
So, with Mulgrew and Mulligan back training with the county squad:

Ricey - Justin - Quinn
Harte - Gormley - Jordan
Cavanagh - Holmes
Dooher - McGuigan - Mulgrew
McCullagh - Colm Cav - Mulligan

I know we'd like to see a major shake up as things have gone stale a wee bit but I can see Micky sticking to his tried and tested.

Enda Mc Ginley for Holmes ?

Tommy MC Guigan in for ??

ONeill

Tommy and Colm Cavanagh will probably be head-to-head for a place, even with free-taking as a weapon it's hard to separate them. Enda....starting to feel a wee bit uneasy about him playing these days. If 100% then definitely alongside Sean.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 03, 2008, 12:22:53 AM
Tommy and Colm Cavanagh will probably be head-to-head for a place, even with free-taking as a weapon it's hard to separate them. Enda....starting to feel a wee bit uneasy about him playing these days. If 100% then definitely alongside Sean.

We'll see tonight how he is.

Over the Bar

QuoteEnda....starting to feel a wee bit uneasy about him playing these days

We need him badly.   Different team when he plays.

Mike Sheehy

some Tyrone quotes from the "halfway point" thread...

QuoteTyrone would be wary of meeting Mayo. We'd relish a chance at Kerry and I feel, could pick themselves up for it and make a game of it.

QuoteIf Tyrone somehow go it together in terms of injury and fitness and met the Kingdom in the semis they'd relish it. I think Kerry would have sleepless nights. As Ziggy points out, thon Westerners make me tremble. Feckin Mayo. 1989, 2004 - two of the most disappointing days apart from the wedding

QuoteDavid can take on Goliath benny!

You Louth bies may as well not bother turning up as the Tyrone lads are clearly thinking beyond ye. Sure, the AI champions are having sleepless nights about them so what hope have ye.

downredblack

Some encouragement for the Louth boys , Down were blessed to get out of Drogheda with a 1 pt win and sure we beat Tyrone handy enough . Fill your boots .

H'onda Wee . (2 kids were born in the Lourdes , although the wife tells me they are Dubs )

ONeill

Is Darren Clarke still on the go?

How do the Louth posters rate their side compared to the '06 vintage?

ONeill

ML, you could write a novel on Tyrone and where they stand. To sum it up -  so many All-Ireland winners, a few good county footballers but ultimately a struggle to find the same levels of intensity and hunger that characterised the side from 02-05. Add to that the missing x-factor that teams couldn't handle in Canavan and O'Neill. Others in Dooher, Mulligan, McGuigan and McMenamin have regressed for different reasons. I think we are hoping for the chain to click into place again with a spark of genius from one of the aforementioned but it's getting to the stage that it's a forlorn hope. Let's be honest, very few teams fear Tyrone they way they did 3 years ago when we could rip teams apart by 10+ points inside the first half.

However, in Mickey we tentatively trust.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 03, 2008, 08:17:45 PM
some Tyrone quotes from the "halfway point" thread...

QuoteTyrone would be wary of meeting Mayo. We'd relish a chance at Kerry and I feel, could pick themselves up for it and make a game of it.

QuoteIf Tyrone somehow go it together in terms of injury and fitness and met the Kingdom in the semis they'd relish it. I think Kerry would have sleepless nights. As Ziggy points out, thon Westerners make me tremble. Feckin Mayo. 1989, 2004 - two of the most disappointing days apart from the wedding

QuoteDavid can take on Goliath benny!

You Louth bies may as well not bother turning up as the Tyrone lads are clearly thinking beyond ye. Sure, the AI champions are having sleepless nights about them so what hope have ye.

Quick ML, get these wee clippings on to the team, they would look well on the dressing room wall.

Quote from: ONeill on July 03, 2008, 09:19:27 PM
How do the Louth posters rate their side compared to the '06 vintage?

Better than the 08 side! But as you say yourself Tyrone are not the same as three years ago either. I still think that both teams on any given day are well capable of producing a big display. I would say that consistency is a big problem for the Louth team if you look at there displays this year.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fear ón Srath Bán

Were Dublin as bad against Louth as they were against Westmeath on Sunday last? Westmeath had them on a plate, but couldn't collect; Louth folded 3/4's way through. All on the day, as they say.

Quote from: downredblack on July 03, 2008, 08:47:00 PM
Some encouragement for the Louth boys , Down were blessed to get out of Drogheda with a 1 pt win and sure we beat Tyrone handy enough . Fill your boots .

Yep, so handy I could cry. And then you let those big bad Armagh men turn you over like a spit on a roast  :'(

We both have a single loss left, good luck  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteQuick ML, get these wee clippings on to the team, they would look well on the dressing room wall.

Indeed. Their arrogance is quite breathtaking really, considering what happened in 2006.

Then again, they blamed that close shave on injuries  ::) so they still dont rate Louth as a proper challenge. I wonder will this hubris be their undoing.

orangeman

Mike - the majority of Tyrone fans like Kerry fans etc - are decent, supportive and respectful of all other counties - you will get arseholes everywhere - I'm sure there might even be some in Kerry as well  - so we shouldn't really base comments on all fans on a few who might give us a bad name.