An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on July 04, 2008, 10:12:43 AM
Mike - the majority of Tyrone fans like Kerry fans etc - are decent, supportive and respectful of all other counties - you will get arseholes everywhere - I'm sure there might even be some in Kerry as well  - so we shouldn't really base comments on all fans on a few who might give us a bad name.

Decent fans like you give us bad wans a good name ;) So long lads like ye behave, us trouble makers have an easy ride ;D

jimbob123

Louth haven't got a hope in hell f winnin against tyrone! ther defence is shockin and tyrone's forward line can rack up big scores against decent opposition so what will they not do 2 louth? sorry 2 b so critical f louth but lets b honest in sayin ther a terrible team  :o

Zapatista

Quote from: jimbob123 on July 04, 2008, 01:40:40 PM
Louth haven't got a hope in hell f winnin against tyrone! ther defence is shockin and tyrone's forward line can rack up big scores against decent opposition so what will they not do 2 louth? sorry 2 b so critical f louth but lets b honest in sayin ther a terrible team  :o

There is not much evidence to say Tyrone rack up big scores. I hope there is after the Louth game though ;)

pedro

Only joining this thread now due to work overload!

I think this could be a very entertaining game. The main reason being the midfield area. Both teams have relatively small midfields and depend on winning a large amount of breaking ball. We could very well end up playing very well and scoring 3-12/15 or we could go out and lose by 10 points. I know a lot of the lads were extremely sick over the Dubs defeat as they had out a lot of preparation into that game. If they get th heads up and really take the game to Tyrone, i feel they have a chance.

The ticket scenario is a bit of a joke. In fairness to the Tyrone support, there will be more that 1800 willing to travel. Even in Louth it will be nigh on impossible to get a ticket if you're not involved in a club. We're only getting around 60 tickets when we sold over 300 for the Dublin game. I know it is a great advantage to have the game at home but would the county board be doing a bit of a PR spin on this? I mean, highlighting just how awful Drogheda is in order to speed up funding?
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hola Pedro,
Don't buy your lot scoring 3-12/15, but I'll give you my vote regardless!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Enda McGinley's 70mins last night hopefully means we'll have a full hand, barring injury this weekend.

I hear Sean and Philly have niggles. Any word on this?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pedro

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 04, 2008, 08:04:31 PM
Hola Pedro,
Don't buy your lot scoring 3-12/15, but I'll give you my vote regardless!  ;)

Jaysus, don't quote me on us scoring that highly! I really just meant that we are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team, you never know which one is going to turn up. Should be a good encounter either way, some very good individual players on both teams. Both teams, collectively, however, are far from their best at the minute
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pedro on July 04, 2008, 09:01:40 PM
Jaysus, don't quote me on us scoring that highly!

Too late: I've texted and e-mailed the whole Tír Eoghain panel!  :D

Know what you mean.  ;)

pedro

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 04, 2008, 09:12:40 PM
Too late: I've texted and e-mailed the whole Tír Eoghain panel!  :D

Well the Louth management are currently mulling over the eloquent post from jimbob123 and are rallying their troops as appropriate.... Watch this space

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pedro on July 04, 2008, 09:15:31 PM
Well the Louth management are currently mulling over the eloquent post from jimbob123 and are rallying their troops as appropriate.... Watch this space

But he's from Meath!?  ???

;)

pedro

Fear ón Srath Bán

orangeman

Tyrone have apparently been allocated 1000 tickets ????

Nothing short of a disgrace and shame on Louth, HQ and whoever else was responsible for bringing this to a substandard facility !

orangeman

But why do Louth CB sit back and wait ?

They should be on the TV and in the papers this week highlighting this !

Hardy

What exactly is the division of responsibility between county boards and Croke Park in the provision of county grounds? Is it a  misinterpretation to read this as Louth co. board sitting on its hands and waiting for a handout? Does it not at least have the responsibility to be the prime mover - identify the requirement, present a proposal, cost the thing, raise at least some funds?