Started by pintsofguinness, November 13, 2007, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it accepatble to slap a child?

Yes, why not, they're smaller they can't fight back
Only for Discipline
No, it's Child Abuse
Naughty Step approach

pintsofguinness

QuoteIt's easy to see you don't have any kids. If kids have so little respect and don't know how to behave on a plane (or anywhere else), I'm not sure how hitting them is going to fix anything. Usually the sort of hyperactive, noisy disrespectful kids are the ones who's ma's beat them black and blue but wouldn't know how to be a parent if you paid them.
Not in my expereince!

On a slightly different tack if an adult was being stroppy on a plane (say through being nervous or having a few too many sherries), would you deck them as well or is it just kids?
if the adult was with me and causing a scene I'd tell them to shut up, just like I'd tell the child.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: SammyG on November 13, 2007, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 04:08:09 PM

On a slightly different tack if an adult was being stroppy on a plane (say through being nervous or having a few too many sherries), would you deck them as well or is it just kids?

lock them in the toilet
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

his holiness nb

Lets be honest here, this is getting silly, theres a huge difference between giving a small child a light smack on the bum and abuse.

To suggest otherwise is idiotic, then again I'd expect no more from Snowed Under who accused me recently of parking in disabled spaces then didnt have the balls to back up his comments.
Ask me holy bollix

ludermor

Would a hard smack be abuse? Does it have to be a closed fist?

his holiness nb

Quote from: ludermor on November 13, 2007, 05:17:42 PM
Would a hard smack be abuse? Does it have to be a closed fist?

Depends how hard you smack, if you smack as hard as you possibly can, then its obviously over the top.
Common sense tells you how hard is hard enough.
Ask me holy bollix

whiskeysteve

a flick of the wrist and no more, your holiness
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 05:08:05 PM
Lets be honest here, this is getting silly, theres a huge difference between giving a small child a light smack on the bum and abuse.

To suggest otherwise is idiotic, then again I'd expect no more from Snowed Under who accused me recently of parking in disabled spaces then didnt have the balls to back up his comments.

So not only do you disrespect disables parking spaces; you too are a bully who thinks its ok to impose his physical presence on a child; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 04:15:09 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 13, 2007, 04:08:32 PM
Sorry i thought you did say it was ok to give a lad a beating ( i did say not kill) when you cant trust the police to do their jobs. If you didnt i apologise
I dont think it's ok as such, there's plenty wrong with it, but I have no sympathy.

QuoteHow about a little rum in the milk. That ought to do the trick!
Well I wouldnt agree with that but after watching this show one night where the parents would starve new born babies during the day and then give two feeds at night so they'd sleep all night - just so parents could have a night's sleep - today's selfish parents are capable of anything!

You really have some chip on your shoulder!

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 04:19:59 PM
QuoteIt's easy to see you don't have any kids. If kids have so little respect and don't know how to behave on a plane (or anywhere else), I'm not sure how hitting them is going to fix anything. Usually the sort of hyperactive, noisy disrespectful kids are the ones who's ma's beat them black and blue but wouldn't know how to be a parent if you paid them.
Not in my expereince!

if the adult was with me and causing a scene I'd tell them to shut up, just like I'd tell the child.

You said you'd slap the child; would you slap the adult; no because you are a bully and a coward.

Puckoon

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

So not only do you disrespect disables parking spaces; you too are a bully who thinks its ok to impose his physical presence on a child; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you ever ashamed of yourself? I get more and more mortified for you with every post.

his holiness nb

Disrespect disable parking spaces???? You are talking complete and utter rubbish, I beleive every facility should have ample disabled spaces and would never park in one.

And I am not a bully by any means, I am talking a light slap, which I recieved when young myself, and never from a bully.

You owe me an apology for suggesting I would park in a disabled space btw.

Grow a set of balls and do it rather than your usual trick of making wild accusations or personal insults, then dissappearing when confronted over it.

[Edited by Mod3]
Ask me holy bollix

supersarsfields

God were to start!!

Firstly I suppose it depends on the situation. A clip by a parent should be light and inflict virtually no pain.  It's the slap itself that can signal that a parent is really mad, not the actual  pain, which can make a child behave. Course it should be a last resort but I can understand why some parents use it.

Lets say a parent is crossing a carpark ( Leave it POG  ;) ) and the child starts to misbehave. would threatening him/her with the naughty step when they get home really work? As pints say children tend to think only for the present, so what other methods of discipline would be an option at this stage?

Snowed Under

Quote from: Puckoon on November 13, 2007, 06:06:50 PM

Are you ever ashamed of yourself? I get more and more mortified for you with every post.

Why because I won't slap a helpless toddler.  ::)

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:09:40 PM

Disrespect disable parking spaces???? You are talking complete and utter rubbish, I beleive every facility should have ample disabled spaces and would never park in one.

And I am not a bully by any means, I am talking a light slap, which I recieved when young myself, and never from a bully.

You owe me an apology for suggesting I would park in a disabled space btw.

Grow a set of balls and do it rather than your usual trick of making wild accusations or personal insults, then dissappearing when confronted over it.

I also know the moderator - well he knows me which is why you can post this; hes a good lad.   ::)