They wouldn't let GAA into schools now would they?

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, August 20, 2007, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Schools arent clubs Sammy. you need to join the GAA to play for a club.
You dont need to join the GAA to play for a school, no more than you need to join a soccer club / organisation to play soccer for a school.
It cant be any clearer.
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2007, 09:36:39 AM
SammyG, you seem to be incapable of understanding a simple point that has been repeated several times, most recently by Jim and 'his holiness'.
I was just about to make the same point as his holiness. If a kid plays soccer in the school playground, does he HAVE to be a signed up member of the FAI or IFA? No, of course not. WHY CAN YOU NOT APPLY THE SAME LOGIC TO GAA??
he is purposely being obtuse
it is only recently with the advent of insurance and club fees etc (mostly for insurance) that kids are 'joining' Gaa clubs

as a youngster I never joined our local Gaelic football OR Hurling clubs
I just turned up and played.

you didnt need to become a member, you just were part of the team.

so sammy, please stop trying to create a void and putting up barriers that are not there.
Usual oul craic from your type  ::)

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 21, 2007, 10:12:29 AM
Schools arent clubs Sammy. you need to join the GAA to play for a club.
Right finally we're getting somewhere. So what rules/governing body etc do schools come under?
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 21, 2007, 10:12:29 AM
You dont need to join the GAA to play for a school, no more than you need to join a soccer club / organisation to play soccer for a school.
It cant be any clearer.
Sorry if you want to compete in a schools football/sawker competition you need to sign up to the schools FA but you're saying that the GAA schools competitions don't require you to sign up. That's the opposite not the same.

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 21, 2007, 10:17:54 AM
Can you now confirm you understand this Sammy?

I can confirm that I understand what you're saying (and also understood it when snatter and Jim said it) what I don't understand is how you actually put it into practice. Can you point me to the rules for schools competitions?

his holiness nb

How to put it into practice, ok lets see.
The school manager asks you if you want to play for the football team. You say yes, turn up at the game, put on a jersey, and play football (or hurling). Having not signed a thing to do with the GAA.

And no I cant point you to the rules for schools competitions, why the f**k would a 31 year old man who doesnt work in a school have that  ::)

Sammy its clarified now that there is no reason not to allow gaelic sports into the school system as no signup to the GAA is needed.
now stop asking for copies of rulebooks to drag out the argument, just concede the point that you were wrong or f**k the f**k off!!!
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 21, 2007, 10:24:28 AM
How to put it into practice, ok lets see.
The school manager asks you if you want to play for the football team. You say yes, turn up at the game, put on a jersey, and play football (or hurling). Having not signed a thing to do with the GAA.

And no I cant point you to the rules for schools competitions, why the f**k would a 31 year old man who doesnt work in a school have that  ::)

Sammy its clarified now that there is no reason not to allow gaelic sports into the school system as no signup to the GAA is needed.
now stop asking for copies of rulebooks to drag out the argument, just concede the point that you were wrong or f**k the f**k off!!!

Right got it. The GAA Official Guide says one thing (as quoted futher up this thread) you say that it's wrong and I should just accept your version or f**k off. Brilliant line of argument.

snatter

Quote from: SammyG
Quote from: his holiness nb
It cant be any clearer.
Sorry if you want to compete in a schools football/sawker competition you need to sign up to the schools FA ..............

Seriously?
If you're a 10 year old kid playing for your school in a soccer competition, you have to sign up and join the IFA?
Doesn't seem right to me.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: snatter on August 21, 2007, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: SammyG link=topic=4339.msg145071#msg145071quote author=his holiness nb link=topic=4339.msg145060#msg145060 date=1187687549]
It cant be any clearer.
Sorry if you want to compete in a schools football/sawker competition you need to sign up to the schools FA ..............

Seriously?
If you're a 10 year old kid playing for your school in a soccer competition, you have to sign up and join the IFA?
[/quote]

obv so
and
IN BLOOD too

SammyG

Quote from: SammyG link=topic=4339.msg145071#msg145071quote author=his holiness nb link=topic=4339.msg145060#msg145060 date=1187687549]
It cant be any clearer.

Seriously?

[/quote]
Never mentioned the IFA or ten year olds but sure don't let the facts get in the way. ::)

his holiness nb

Sammy you dont need to join the GAA to play for a school.
THAT IS A FACT!
And whats more you know this is a fact.

I will repeat my previous point which pretty much sums you up here.

"would it perhaps be that very issue that Sammy has a problem with regarding GAA in schools.
There is no argument about playing it in schools, and that has been made very clear. Even Sammy cant claim still not to understand the difference.
But what if the Unionist kids enjoyed it and came home to the parents wanting to join a club?
Little Sammy junior wanting to pull on the O'Neills gear and smack a sliotar around with his terrorist supporting buddies at the weekend.
Well we cant have that now can we  
Maybe the real fear is that the next generation with be more tolerant to the other side through sporting interaction and us old fogies want to do all we can to prevent that?
For shame"

Get over your bigoted mindset and let the kids play ball for f**k sake.
Ask me holy bollix

snatter

Quote from: SammyG on August 21, 2007, 10:32:29 AM
Quote from: SammyG
Quote from: his holiness nb
It cant be any clearer.

Seriously?

Never mentioned the IFA or ten year olds but sure don't let the facts get in the way. ::)

OK, I'll rephrase:

Seriously?
If you're a 10 year old kid playing for your school in a soccer competition, you have to sign up and join the schools FA ?

And I'll now add - what exactly is the "schools FA" you refer to?
Why do they need 10 year old kids to sign up to it?

SammyG

Quote from: snatter on August 21, 2007, 10:36:21 AM
OK, I'll rephrase:

Seriously?
If you're a 10 year old kid playing for your school in a soccer competition, you have to sign up and join the schools FA ?

For the third time, I never mentioned ten year olds. I was talking about the schools signing up not the individual kids. As far as which FA it would depend on the competition, might be the local one (e.g. Fermanagh and Western) or it might be the NI Schools FA.

snatter

Quote from: SammyG on August 21, 2007, 10:43:53 AM
Quote from: snatter on August 21, 2007, 10:36:21 AM
OK, I'll rephrase:

Seriously?

For the third time, I never mentioned ten year olds. I was talking about the schools signing up not the individual kids. As far as which FA it would depend on the competition, might be the local one (e.g. Fermanagh and Western) or it might be the NI Schools FA.

OK, so when you say that the school must sign up to the NI Schools FA, what exactly dos this entail?

Does it confer IFA membership rights on the school/teacher/pupil?
Or is the school simply paying an appplication fee to take part in a soccer competition?

his holiness nb

Lads why are ye still argueing?
Sammy knows there is nothing to stop unionist kids playing GAA in schools as they dont need to join the GAA or sign up to anything.

This is plain and simple and he knows it.
But he will drag the argument off onto other tangents to distract from the fact that he knows this but it would sicken him to actually concede he was wrong on this issue.

Instead of admit this he will ask for copies of rules etc etc ( he knows most of us dont have copies, why would we!!) to prolong the row to avoid admitting this.

Sammy, its a word that is thrown about too much here, but I cant see any reason for your shite on this thread other than pure and utter bigotry.
Ask me holy bollix