They wouldn't let GAA into schools now would they?

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, August 20, 2007, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: snatter on August 22, 2007, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 22, 2007, 04:09:41 PM
Quote from: snatter on August 22, 2007, 04:03:03 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 22, 2007, 03:32:40 PM
Quote from: SammyG on August 22, 2007, 03:03:57 PM
SO you're back to your usual themmuns are all the same bollix.
its not as if you are disproving this with your incredible ingorant bulls**t  :D

Snatter - you know there is no point, its ostrich time down at the mcvities farm and there is no way this wee bigot will own up to telling porky pies.
Stop trying to be decent, its wasted on these 'people' ::)

:D

Lynchboy,

you're as much of a bigot if you judge the whole of NI unionists based on one psoter to the GAA board.

no
not just the one
plenty of them out there that I have come across

no problem jim, I'd hardly worry too much about what the irrelevent likes of you think about me. ::)
are you still sniffing the 'modicums' ?

Well, I'd advise you to keep your bigotted opinions to yourself then.
Let the rest of us discuss the issue.
I think I was addressing all issues that our anti-gaa contempory was questioning.
I will obv not make any comment to you in future- thats fine

but as this is an internet board, I can say what I like I would have thought

his holiness nb

Quote from: snatter on August 22, 2007, 04:18:53 PM
Main Entry: bigĀ·ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Seems very clear to me that this is what Sammy is doing.
I wouldnt say they are all the same by any means, but there are a few members of this board here which display the above attributes, on both "sides"
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

What's worse to be described as, a scroat or a bigot ?

Mentalman

Quote from: SammyG on August 22, 2007, 01:49:27 PM
Apart from the fact that they currently go to school in Somerset, if what BB said was correct then I don't see any problems with anybody playing at schools.

Well they have a better chance of playing GAA sports at a state school in Somerset than in Northern Ireland, particularly taking into account what's happening in some schools in Warwickshire etc.

I have to say when I started reading this thread I was overcome with the by now usual feeling of dread and frustration this line of argument inevitable brings. However by page 8 I was just laughing. Other than the "political rules of the GAA prevents NI state schools participating" lie being well and truly put to bed, I would have to say that it would reveal to an outsider the total culture clash that does exist. On one side you have constent questions about rules, competitions, "where do the results go after the match". On the other "Well we just played the game and didn't worry about that stuff". I definitely would agree with the latter. When I was a kid I just played for the craic, as all children do, I didn't give a flying fupp whether it was for the school, a club or just on the street - and that covers soccer, football and hurling. In fact a lot more if you include organisations like the community games. Adults worry about rules and politics, let the children play is what I say.

It kind of reminds me of that Des Bishop sketch, where he's just fresh off the plane, learning hurling, trying his best to be all he can be? Meanwhile the local lads, in his eyes, literally keeping moving the goalposts, and it drives him mental? And what was the answer of "the lads"? "Take it handy, sure it's only a bit of craic". It's the sequential versus the lateral, the detail versus the bigger picture.

On another note page 9 is a let down, mostly for the people involved. No matter how obstinate and deceitful the opposition it's a pity to bring yourself down to the level they think you are at.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

his holiness nb

Membership of a club aside, I reckon that some people would be sick to see their kids playing GAA for their school because of what their own long held beliefs are regarding the GAA. Even if they dont become members, they (several people, not all) still see any aspect of the GAA as basically the sporting wing of Republicanism which is stupid and sad.
Let the kids play a bit of f**king ball and let us old fogies step back and try to be a bit more open minded.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

All,

Apologies for the lack of response. I've been footballing for a couple of days and am now doing handovers at work (as every other fecker is on leave next week). I'll post detailed responses this evening or over the weekend.

his holiness nb

Do you really need to drag this out further Sammy? I thought everything was clarified now?

Just let it go  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 24, 2007, 01:34:25 PM
Do you really need to drag this out further Sammy? I thought everything was clarified now?

Just let it go  ::)
Not me that's dragging anything out, as you say it's been sorted. snatter and LB have both accused me of lying and bigottry and asked for evidence, which I'll be happy to provide when I've got the time to do a big cut and paste job.