Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 06, 2011, 04:49:08 PM
Orangeman stop blaming the Ref, United were shite!

I'm not blaming the ref.

Merely pointing out that the ref rode them the other night -

Carragher rips a man's leg off almost and doesn't get sent off - everyone admits that he should have walked.

You're 100% right that United were shite. That's a given.

Carmen Stateside

Shit thats a nasty gash Nanny has.  No doubts Carra should have gone, by giving him a yellow the ref couldnt show Rafeal red for his nasty tackle.
Nanny lucky he didnt get red for man handling the ref aswell.

ross4life

If Aurelio didn't go off injured Carragher wouldn't have been that position to make that awful tackle.

Carra went to United changing room to apologise to Nani he was still in tears apparently.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carntogher

What another atrocious performance from United. 

Talk about a performance that was coming this season.  You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

We offered nothing going forward.  Take away Vidic and we are average.

Flip me, Carrick makes Lucas look like Andrea Pirlo.  Is the ink dry on his new contract?

Rooney on 150k a week?  He's played well twice since last April.

It's a pity that fading stars (great as they were) Giggs and Scholes are still being asked to carry the can....

This United team needs a complete revamp from midfield on.....over to you Fergie.

FermPundit

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2011, 04:44:23 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
Nani injury is graphic

http://img.mobypicture.com/21de0927afce7863fedde73237ae7d0d_view.jpg

Am i right in thinking that the injury is on his shin? And if that's the case why do they bother to wear shin pads??

The shin pads that players wear these days are so small that they might as well not have them on.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 06, 2011, 04:50:27 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on March 06, 2011, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
Nani injury is graphic

http://img.mobypicture.com/21de0927afce7863fedde73237ae7d0d_view.jpg

Flip, that injury is shocking. Carragher knew straight away that he had done serious damage.

If that was on a Arsenal player it would have been a red that's why Wenger whinges so much about shit tackles like that because as soon as it happens to an Arsenal player these days the officials know they have to take action. Hopefully it's not a fracture and he'll be a couple of weeks.

A good point and Wenger is dead right to do so. I cannot believe the ref didn't send him off. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever. I hope he's proud of himself. Maxi should also have gone for his one on Rafael (not even a free kick given!!!!) which lead to Rafael's reckless one on Leiva.

Worst thing about that game today was United didn't make Liverpool do anything special to win the game. Liverpool were more up for it (which is annoying) and had more possession but created feck all. Carrick as mentioned before was a joke for the first and even after Nani's bad header for the 2nd his defensive attempt was pathetic.

Going to be a tight run in but that's what winning titles is about. No-one is very convincing but United are still in the best position. The title is never won in March so hopefully United can get guys back from injury for the big games next month.

paco

They laughed at Wenger last night on MOTD when he said he was too disgusted to talk about the referee's decision making and saying that it's happening too often and having too big an influence on the league, but he's right, the standard of refereeing is getting worse by the week and it's happening against everyone, not just United.

Main Street

When the assistant ref raises his flag for offside then the ref is mandated to blow his whistle. Whining at the ref for doing his job in those circumstances is an act of petty deflection.
Alan Kelly had an excellent game, refereeing the Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk game on Friday night. He got all the penalty incidents right and wasn't conned by the soft claims which are a blight on the game when the referee falls for them.

under the bar

Very thoughtful of Giggsy and co to help their minnow neighbours get a UEFA cup spot.   

It's gonna be a tight run in, but I doubt if the Arsenal players have the balls for it.

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on March 06, 2011, 05:43:12 PM
Very thoughtful of Giggsy and co to help their minnow neighbours get a UEFA cup spot.   

It's gonna be a tight run in, but I doubt if the Arsenal players have the balls for it.

Or maybe Utd don't have the players for it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

magpie seanie

Quote from: paco on March 06, 2011, 05:14:42 PM
They laughed at Wenger last night on MOTD when he said he was too disgusted to talk about the referee's decision making and saying that it's happening too often and having too big an influence on the league, but he's right, the standard of refereeing is getting worse by the week and it's happening against everyone, not just United.

Wolves just on the receiving end of a bad one there. Should have been a goal or a penalty but gave a free out. Wonder wll he try to make up for it cos I think he knows he was wrong.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWolves just on the receiving end of a bad one there. Should have been a goal or a penalty but gave a free out. Wonder wll he try to make up for it cos I think he knows he was wrong.

An even worst decision in the first half the penalty was given but how Hutton wasn't sent off is mind boggling.

#newbridgeornowhere

paco

Did Fergie refuse a post match interview or is this more lies from Twitter?

Minder

Quote from: paco on March 06, 2011, 05:53:01 PM
Did Fergie refuse a post match interview or is this more lies from Twitter?

I read he wasn't speaking to anyone and instructed the players not to speak after the game, he also didn't do his pre match press conference

Oliver Kay (The Times) tweeted the following -

Total media black-out from MUFC after defeat at Anfield. Even MUTV blanked. Pretty pathetic, really
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"