Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2010, 03:20:28 PM
Well put Seanie. I just think some people are in denial.

On the Cole one. I know what you mean but would still like to sign him. A good player and the type of creative player Utd need.

I know what you're saying but I always had a dislike for him. He's a bit too much of a namby pamby nancy boy type for me. Word is him and Carrick are good mates - what a surprise! Also I don't like bits and pieces players like him. If you're a wide man playing for United you need to be able to beat the full back (Becham was an exception) i.e. your stock move is go utside and then mix it up when opportunity arises. Personal taste. He aint my cup of tea but time will tell.

superblues

think Cole would be a good link up player playing just off Rooney loads off skill and nice touches just what united need

magpie seanie

Quote from: superblues on May 29, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
think Cole would be a good link up player playing just off Rooney loads off skill and nice touches just what united need

Give me an example of a United player (or some one in another team) who played a similar role in the past so I can visualise what you're saying.

superblues

i am not saying he will be a good but cantona or teddy think fergi bought berbatov to play that role but obviously that has not worked has to try someone else

Shrewdness

As far as i know, Cole is likely to join Spurs if he leaves Chelsea.

magpie seanie

Talk now also of him going to Arsenal. Spurs would be not a bad bet for either party.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2010, 12:33:09 AM
Talk now also of him going to Arsenal. Spurs would be not a bad bet for either party.

I don't think he has the pace to do a job at United who's approach a lot of the time is built on fast paced breaks.

Joe has definately lost something the last six months, but his attitude is top class. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Someone said about his lack of strength. Check out his goal- one of my personally best ever Chelsea goals- against Norwich at Carrow Rd the year Chelsea first won the league.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

Two more for Hernandez today albeit against Gambia. Looking forward to having a good look at him in the World Cup.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on May 30, 2010, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 30, 2010, 12:23:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2010, 12:33:09 AM

I don't think he has the pace to do a job at United who's approach a lot of the time is built on fast paced breaks.

Joe has definately lost something the last six months, but his attitude is top class. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Someone said about his lack of strength. Check out his goal- one of my personally best ever Chelsea goals- against Norwich at Carrow Rd the year Chelsea first won the league.

;D

1955??? :o :o

Come on Norf its usually United fans that get reminding football didn't begin in 1992

:D Sorry Boycey.... Typing on the run. Premier league of course I meant to add. Saying that... maybe it's understandable why Joe has lost a yard or two!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2010, 10:35:29 AM
Red Knights Bid Abandoned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10212982.stm

Is this proof that a fan based scheme will never be able to buy one of the big clubs in England? Far too much investment required and able to get agreement between the major players involved will always be difficult. I thought this had legs to go further.

EC Unique

More to this than meets the eye I think. More games being played. Watch this space over the next 3 months.

magpie seanie

Don't believe everything you read.....

bingobus

So this is all a big trick, the Glazers on the phone to the Red Knights at the minute begging them to come back to the table and buy the club.  ::)

EC Unique

Quote from: bingobus on June 02, 2010, 12:28:50 PM
So this is all a big trick, the Glazers on the phone to the Red Knights at the minute begging them to come back to the table and buy the club.  ::)

In the same way there was a ''mystery buyer from the middle east'' offering 1.5 billion a few weeks ago ::)

I would say there is plenty of business going on behind the scenes and the general public are being fed bits of rubbish like both of the above.

Nothing publically will happen until after the World Cup and even then it will be slow.

I expect the Glazers to start the season as Utd owners but not finish.