Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on May 28, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 28, 2010, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 28, 2010, 03:27:31 PM
heres a stat that Ross4life would be proud of United have scored 1.5 more goals per game since they begun.

This season united scored 86 goals with 85pts compared to last.. 68 goals with 90pts! so in short your above stat is NOT something i would be proud of ::)

Biggest worry for me is how long has a 68 year old Alex Ferguson left with united  :-\

I was simply pointing out to the fella who thinks the G&G protest was detrimental to the teams performance that the opposite has happened, so whats with u and the  ::)

Yes i know you were making a point to a fella, the  ::) is for thinking i would be proud of a stat like that? winning games is all that matters 1-0 or 10-0 =3pts! only reason why united haven't scored more is because they had a winger as top scorer for a couple of seasons
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 28, 2010, 02:24:46 PM
So magpie seanie, Boycey, EC Unique and stew; none of you have answered any of my questioning about the the green and gold scarf protest (as supporters wearing them, in fairness how is that helping the team?) ?
Except to say im naive, taking the mick without providing any answers as such.

And also about the cashflow and money Ferguson has to spend -

If there is a problem explain...

The £20 Million already spent (for Smalling, Diouf and Javier Hernandez)
The £95 Million he has this summer to spend?
The fact that Ferguson describes them as "Great Owners" and they have supported him in every way and provided any money when he wanted? (also saying he doesnt rate many older players in the current market and thats why he has not signed any big names)
Also the above statement by David Gill defending the Glazer's?

Lastly, is all of this a storm in a teacup if Gill and Ferguson are rowing behind the owners and saying there is no problem?

You really don't understand the most basic concepts do you? It's regularly been explained here that there is no money for transers. What there is in place is a facility for Fergie to activate a loan (than means more debt - capiche?) if he wishes to go into the transfer market. Smalling, Hernandez and Diouf may turn out to be good players but this is Manchester United ffs. Look who Barcelona/Real Madrid even feckin city have/will buy?

As for the Green and Gold again a total misunderstanding of the campaign. I'm explaining again because even though Boycey has put it more eloquently than I could the message doesn't seem to be getting through. The G&G campaign was to raise awareness of the damage the Glazers are doing to United. It has been an incredible success though judging by yourself and Ross not a total one (there are always a few fantassts with their head stuck in the sand). As regards helping the team it was not a short term ambition of the campaign but it has lead to better atmospheres at OT. I was at the 5-0 thumping of Pompey which would usually be accompanied with a morgue like atmosphere but the plce was hopping at times in the second half. IT's undeniable that the atmosphere since mid-January at OT has been a lot better and has helped the team.

Joe Cole rumours again. Are United now a retirement ground for out of contract former stars or can United simply not afford to pay the transfer fees for top players? I think a 5 year old could work that out.

EC Unique

Well put Seanie. I just think some people are in denial.

On the Cole one. I know what you mean but would still like to sign him. A good player and the type of creative player Utd need.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 28, 2010, 01:13:51 PM
He's got a point about the green and gold protest - clowns sitting at the games with their scarf and bagful of goodies bought from the superstore!

Find that quite humorous myself :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2010, 03:20:28 PM
Well put Seanie. I just think some people are in denial.

On the Cole one. I know what you mean but would still like to sign him. A good player and the type of creative player Utd need.

I know what you're saying but I always had a dislike for him. He's a bit too much of a namby pamby nancy boy type for me. Word is him and Carrick are good mates - what a surprise! Also I don't like bits and pieces players like him. If you're a wide man playing for United you need to be able to beat the full back (Becham was an exception) i.e. your stock move is go utside and then mix it up when opportunity arises. Personal taste. He aint my cup of tea but time will tell.

superblues

think Cole would be a good link up player playing just off Rooney loads off skill and nice touches just what united need

magpie seanie

Quote from: superblues on May 29, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
think Cole would be a good link up player playing just off Rooney loads off skill and nice touches just what united need

Give me an example of a United player (or some one in another team) who played a similar role in the past so I can visualise what you're saying.

superblues

i am not saying he will be a good but cantona or teddy think fergi bought berbatov to play that role but obviously that has not worked has to try someone else

Shrewdness

As far as i know, Cole is likely to join Spurs if he leaves Chelsea.

magpie seanie

Talk now also of him going to Arsenal. Spurs would be not a bad bet for either party.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2010, 12:33:09 AM
Talk now also of him going to Arsenal. Spurs would be not a bad bet for either party.

I don't think he has the pace to do a job at United who's approach a lot of the time is built on fast paced breaks.

Joe has definately lost something the last six months, but his attitude is top class. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Someone said about his lack of strength. Check out his goal- one of my personally best ever Chelsea goals- against Norwich at Carrow Rd the year Chelsea first won the league.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

Two more for Hernandez today albeit against Gambia. Looking forward to having a good look at him in the World Cup.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on May 30, 2010, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 30, 2010, 12:23:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2010, 12:33:09 AM

I don't think he has the pace to do a job at United who's approach a lot of the time is built on fast paced breaks.

Joe has definately lost something the last six months, but his attitude is top class. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Someone said about his lack of strength. Check out his goal- one of my personally best ever Chelsea goals- against Norwich at Carrow Rd the year Chelsea first won the league.

;D

1955??? :o :o

Come on Norf its usually United fans that get reminding football didn't begin in 1992

:D Sorry Boycey.... Typing on the run. Premier league of course I meant to add. Saying that... maybe it's understandable why Joe has lost a yard or two!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2010, 10:35:29 AM
Red Knights Bid Abandoned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10212982.stm

Is this proof that a fan based scheme will never be able to buy one of the big clubs in England? Far too much investment required and able to get agreement between the major players involved will always be difficult. I thought this had legs to go further.