Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quality footballer though.... he'll be missed from that perspective. Hopefully the yanks use the £80 million wisely now. Shoring up AIG would be a start.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

liihb

Great player, but 80 million is too much to turn down
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Clown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2009, 10:00:06 AM
Platini has been critical of English club's spending.... specifiically Chelsea. His silence over Real is deafening.

ok Platini hates the brits,
get over it!!

:D

Hound

Well delighted he's going, coz I think he's outstanding. 

But of course all depends on what United spend the money on.

Money no object to Real Madrid because they know the government will bail them out if they do come close to going bust.

David McKeown

Who would you want to replace Ronaldo then?  I dont rate Ribery as much as most and Benzema (different type of player) are the two most obvious noises coming from OT in recent seasons
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

thebigfella

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2009, 10:03:17 AM
Quality footballer though.... he'll be missed from that perspective. Hopefully the yanks use the £80 million wisely now. Shoring up AIG would be a start.

?????

Norf Tyrone

That leaves the question..... Are Newcastle over valued at 1.25 Ronaldos?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The GAA

£80m is superb business - they should have taken it last year.

how many of CR's 25 goals were penalties and free kicks? that'll be replaced easily enough and with a £100m transfer kitty (let tevez go) we could get 3 world class additions. for me, Ribery, villa and a creative central midfielder - fabregas!

girt_giggler

Quote from: David McKeown on June 11, 2009, 10:12:10 AM
Who would you want to replace Ronaldo then?  I dont rate Ribery as much as most and Benzema (different type of player) are the two most obvious noises coming from OT in recent seasons

Im the opposite, I rate Ribery very highly & have yet to see the fuss about Benzema!

the Deel Rover

so much for fergie not selling madrid a Virus  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

EC Unique

Mixed feelings but it was going to happen some time. Great business getting 80 Million :o. He has given us a lot but the tantrums and huffing in the latter end of the season put the writing on the wall. Last season was never going to be repeated but we got another great season from him and still got the massive pay out ;D Best of luck to him, he won all that is possible with Utd and will no doubt win with Real. Utd have seen massive players leave in the past and kept on winning and this will be no different. Cantona, Becks, Keane....  The fun will start now to see who is bought. Ribery I think will be in OT before long.

EC Unique

full back

Massive amount of money & it is hard to turn that down
He has won everything possible with Utd, so maybe it was time for a new challenge

No doubt Utd will sign a few players now, but the thing is, every club will be putting their hand out for inflated fees
Interesteing times ahead

Villa, Ribery, Yaya, Valencia???

orangeman

Would Real Madrid be interested in Berbatov at all ?  ;)

Schkite

A bit disappointing to see him go, but a great piece of business it has to be said. We seen the bad side of his game(tantrums, etc.) in the latter part of the season, but he also scored some fantastic and crucial goals. Think it's just the right time to sell him, we still got another top season from him and got the big payday too. Will be hard to replace his talent but that 80 mill will be wisely spent I'm sure.

At least there'll be a few players coming in no doubt, an exciting summer! Valencia is surely a cert to come now, will be interesting to see who else. Will Tevez stay now?