Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Massive money but United will probably have to spend every penny of it to replace his goals and also the fear factor that Ronaldo carried against the lesser teams.

United will have a job replacing him, as they'll be screwed for big money when they go shopping plus the talent that is avalable at that price will be subject to a bidding war from City, Chelsea, AC Milan, Barca etc.

Robinho is the main replacement that springs to mind but his form away from home would go again him plus City would never sell to United now.

Interesting summer ahead.

I'm glad we'll be shopping in Asda and Pound stretcher  :'(

Aghdavoyle

30m will land ribery.

villa does not play "in the hole". torres' frustration with spain is that he is askd to play just off villa.

yaya is a decent defensive midfielder but not united material. hargreaves is far superior if fit, as is the likes of mascherano, senna, etc.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 11, 2009, 11:38:25 AM

30m will land ribery.

villa does not play "in the hole". torres' frustration with spain is that he is askd to play just off villa.

yaya is a decent defensive midfielder but not united material. hargreaves is far superior if fit, as is the likes of mascherano, senna, etc.
He played centre half in the CL final and betwen him and Pique (not United material either I presume) kept Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov et al quiet as mice.

full back

By the looks of it, Hargreaves is going to have problems getting/maintaining fitness so a defensive midfielder in the mould of Yaya/Mascherano/Essien is a necessity.
Fletcher is ok, but another quality player is needed as Anderson is hit & miss

I hear the 'real' Ronaldo  ;) is making progress back in the homeland, wonder would he fancy a season at OT

The GAA

The united forward line never got a kick because the midfield couldn't get the ball.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: The GAA on June 11, 2009, 11:45:58 AM

The united forward line never got a kick because the midfield couldn't get the ball.
Agrred, but Toure and Pique were immense at the back too, for a pair of players not deemed 'United material' by some.  That is typical nauseating crap from some utd fans, outplayed and outclassed by all 11 Barca players and then to call Toure not 'United material' is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read on this thread and there have been quite a few.

magpie seanie

Senna is a good shout.

Clown - I'll think you'll find that a fair % of United fans would have rated Ronaldo as inferior to Messi or Kaka at all times and not just now. Anyone who thought Ronaldo was the best player in the world was/is simply wrong no matter who they support. An extremely valuable and dangerous player but not the best in the world. I think to call him a "diminishing asset" is also not worthy of raisding your eyebrows. All players are. I don't nknow what you are on about re: Heinze. There was a time during his spell at United when he could justifiably have been called the best/one of the best lb's in the world. When he was out injured Evra took over and once he adjusted was as good as if not better than Heinze. Heinze couldn't get back in the team and fecked off to Madrid. I don't understand what your problem is that United fans stopped talking about him. Should United fans watch Madrid now instead of their own team to see a left back who is not better than the one playing for their own team?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: EC Unique on June 11, 2009, 10:24:04 AM
Mixed feelings but it was going to happen some time. Great business getting 80 Million :o. He has given us a lot but the tantrums and huffing in the latter end of the season put the writing on the wall. Last season was never going to be repeated but we got another great season from him and still got the massive pay out ;D Best of luck to him, he won all that is possible with Utd and will no doubt win with Real. Utd have seen massive players leave in the past and kept on winning and this will be no different. Cantona, Becks, Keane....  The fun will start now to see who is bought. Ribery I think will be in OT before long.

Says it all - the rich get richer and has destroyed soccer 

full back

Dont know how you can say Yaya isnt Utd material Aghdavoyle
Think he would be perfect for our set-up

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 11, 2009, 11:53:04 AM
Senna is a good shout.

I'd say Senna is too old to be splashing big cash on now, good and all that he is.

Can't see Alex getting his hands on all that loot for transfers as some'll be used to reduce ticket prices for the fans  ;)

Clown

Senna is a good shout.

Clown - I'll think you'll find that a fair % of United fans would have rated Ronaldo as inferior to Messi or Kaka at all times and not just now. Anyone who thought Ronaldo was the best player in the world was/is simply wrong no matter who they support. An extremely valuable and dangerous player but not the best in the world. I think to call him a "diminishing asset" is also not worthy of raisding your eyebrows. All players are. I don't nknow what you are on about re: Heinze. There was a time during his spell at United when he could justifiably have been called the best/one of the best lb's in the world. When he was out injured Evra took over and once he adjusted was as good as if not better than Heinze. Heinze couldn't get back in the team and fecked off to Madrid. I don't understand what your problem is that United fans stopped talking about him. Should United fans watch Madrid now instead of their own team to see a left back who is not better than the one playing for their own team?

my point is the arrogance of united fans, a lot of whom know very little about the game, who make these statements that each of their players is the best in the world in that position
yet once they leave then their replacement automatically becomes the best in the world

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on June 11, 2009, 11:57:21 AM
Senna is a good shout.

I'd say Senna is too old to be splashing big cash on now, good and all that he is.

Can't see Alex getting his hands on all that loot for transfers as some'll be used to reduce ticket prices for the fans  ;)

I'm sure it will!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clown on June 11, 2009, 12:03:52 PM
Senna is a good shout.

my point is the arrogance of united fans, a lot of whom know very little about the game, who make these statements that each of their players is the best in the world in that position
yet once they leave then their replacement automatically becomes the best in the world

So this phenomenon is unique to Manchester United fans - is that your point?

full back

Quote from: Clown on June 11, 2009, 12:03:52 PM
Senna is a good shout.

Unlike yourself, who is a font of knowledge ::)

Clown