Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clown

i think united shud sign tevez and ribery and play a 3 pronged attack with those 2 and rooney - it wud frighten any defence and surely be a hit with the ladies at Old Trafford

cavan4ever

Quote from: Schkite on June 11, 2009, 10:35:59 AM
A bit disappointing to see him go, but a great piece of business it has to be said. We seen the bad side of his game(tantrums, etc.) in the latter part of the season, but he also scored some fantastic and crucial goals. Think it's just the right time to sell him, we still got another top season from him and got the big payday too. Will be hard to replace his talent but that 80 mill will be wisely spent I'm sure.

At least there'll be a few players coming in no doubt, an exciting summer! Valencia is surely a cert to come now, will be interesting to see who else. Will Tevez stay now?

The glaziers might have their eyes on it though.  It will be interesting to see what will be made available.

Schkite

Quote from: Clown on June 11, 2009, 10:41:19 AM
i think united shud sign tevez and ribery and play a 3 pronged attack with those 2 and rooney - it wud frighten any defence and surely be a hit with the ladies at Old Trafford

Apparently that's what Rooney is after, Ronaldo out and Ribery in, so he'd be the pretty boy of the front 3!

scud

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2009, 10:18:44 AM
That leaves the question..... Are Newcastle over valued at 1.25 Ronaldos?

:D What are the Pool worth at the minute? 4/5 Ronaldos?

orangeman

Will Real Madrid pay all this money up front ?

magpie seanie

As with most here mixed feelings though it has to be said - if the player wanted to go then off with him. His goals and assists and how other teams have to watch him will be extremely hard to replace but £80m is a no brainer. United simply had to accept. How much of this money will be reinvested is the big question. Tevez must be kept and Ferguson should get down on his knees and apologise to the lad if needs be. He wants to play for the club or at least did until his disgraceful treatment became too much. Its alright talking about Villa, Benzema, Ribery etc but a top class central midfielder has to be the main priority and I'm bang out of ideas on that front. Any of the ones you'd want you wouldn't be able to get.

Like some others I suspect this deal was done about 11 months ago.

nrico2006

Quote£80m is superb business - they should have taken it last year.

how many of CR's 25 goals were penalties and free kicks? that'll be replaced easily enough and with a £100m transfer kitty (let tevez go) we could get 3 world class additions. for me, Ribery, villa and a creative central midfielder - fabregas!

Exactly, Ronaldo just isn't as dominating a player as the media make out.  His free kicks are brilliant, his goals return is very good but it's always stated that he has scored those goals as a winger when in reality he has played up front as a striker.  I would have Kaka or Messi in the any team over him.  Those 3 players mentioned are what is needed, an out and out striker like Villa would score bucket loads of goals and Ribery and Fabregas would be an awesome combination but I doubt Fabregas will leave Arsenal for anywhere but Barca.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

slow corner back

Sorry to see Ronnie go a great great player and will be missed. I suspected when Fergie bust his balls to get Berbatov last year that he was preparing for either Ronnie or Tevez to leave this summer. Hopefully now they will do everything to hold onto Tevez as far as I know his fee was pre arranged and cant be upped if Utd cough up. Personally I am not to sure about Valencia, David Villa plays in the hole like Rooney,Tevez or indeed Berba do not need another player like that. If Berba plays right up top with Rooney and Tevez off him that looks good enough for me. If Hargreaves is finished we need another hard running midfielder as we desperatly missed Fletcher when he was suspended. Ribery is a decent player but it depends on price anything above £25m is too much.

gerrykeegan

I'd love to Ashley Young at United, I think he is a class act.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rossie11

QuoteLike some others I suspect this deal was done about 11 months ago.

Think the same.. thats why i backed him to be at madrid next season @ 5/2 a month ago..  :D
Its great business for Utd if they can get Ribery for 30-40m.
But Munich will look for close to 80 as they know Utd have it and seeing as Utd paid 20 odd for Hargreaves..

Cant wait for El classico next season already..

full back

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 11, 2009, 10:52:33 AM
Its alright talking about Villa, Benzema, Ribery etc but a top class central midfielder has to be the main priority and I'm bang out of ideas on that front. Any of the ones you'd want you wouldn't be able to get.

What about Yaya?
Would Barca sell him

Quote from: slow corner back on June 11, 2009, 10:58:04 AM
If Berba plays right up top with Rooney and Tevez off him that looks good enough for me.

That wouldnt be nearly good enough for me
Utd wouldnt win much if Berba is the man playing up top

Bensars

I think its good business if this comes off for a diminishing asset especially at a time when other clubs are trying to launch an assault on title ambitions. £80 m will allow ferguson to strengthen squad and the financial clout to outsbid competitors.

David McKeown

Would love to see Villa but all the talk from Spain has been hes also going to become a galatico, as far as midfielders go there are very few around who would justify their price let alone any who would be available
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Norf Tyrone

Great news for Shamrock Rovers.

Real Madrid are actually doing their pre season in Kildare this year, and expect to play Rovers in a friendly in July. How much will they charge for those tickets? £30 each? Croker maybe?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Clown

a diminsihing asset

not as good as messi or kaka

u hav to laugh at comments like these, how many united fans were saying this a few months ago?

reminds me of when gabriel heinze was at united - the best left back in the world he was called by the united fans i know, then in the space of a few weeks this became patrice evra and heinze was completely forgotten about