Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Don't fool yourself. Mourinho is every bit as much a politician as a coach. I think MM is right. If Mourinho knew what most United supporters thought he'd be getting the same treatment as Schweinsteiger. Mourinho is keenly aware that lots of United supporters have disliked him in the past and are wary of his style of play and he doesn't want to create trouble for himself unnecessarily, at this point anyway. He usually starts doing that when he's fully in control and confident. I can only believe he has told Mkhitaryan to be patient as Rooney is phased out.

Someone had a cut there at my opinion of Ibrahimovic from when it was first mooted that he was coming to United. I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised with his goals to date, especially the two headers. Early days but I may have underestimated the impact he will have. My concerns over the development of Rashford especially and Martial remain but it looks like Ibrahimovic will get a lot of goals. For the last few seasons crossing the ball was akin to giving it to the opposition. The addition of Ibra and Pogba has changed that.

Pogba is a player with flaws but I think he is going to be immense in this side under Mourinho.

magpie seanie

United don't need another striker so why take a punt on this asshole? Please God let it not be true. Rashford is already getting a raw deal as it stands.

Boycey

I doubt it's true I just thought it amusing :), well I hope it's not true  :-\

Hard to say yet Rashford is getting a raw deal there's only been 2 games! Mourinho has said he'll get plenty of game time plus he's still only 18 so should be handled with care 30 games would be a good target for him.

Fuzzman

Group A: Manchester United, Fenerbahce, Feyenoord, Zorya Luhansk

Group B: Olympiacos, Apoel Nicosia, Young Boys, Astana

Group C: Anderlecht, St Etienne, Mainz, Qabala

Group D: Zenit, AZ Alkmaar, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Dundalk

Group E: Viktoria Plzen, Roma, Austria Vienna, Astra (not West Ham)

Group F: Athletic Bilbao, Genk, Rapid Vienna, Sassulo

Group G: Ajax, Standard Liege, Celta Vigo, Panathinaikos

Group H: Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga, Gent, Konyaspor

Group I: Schalke, Salzburg, Krasnodar, Nice

Group J: Fiorentina, PAOK, Slovan Liberec, Qarabag,

Group K: Internazionale, Sparta Prague, , Hapoel Beer Sheva

Group L: Villarreal, Steaua Bucharest, Zurich, Osmanlispor

Maroon Manc

Bad draw in terms of travelling to Ukraine & Turkey. I don't imagine many of our best players been involved in any of the away games.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 26, 2016, 01:22:59 PM
Bad draw in terms of travelling to Ukraine & Turkey. I don't imagine many of our best players been involved in any of the away games.

A lot of away day fans disappointed, there'll be about 5000 travelling for game in Holland and f**k all for other two. Speculation that Zorya may play their games in Kiev though. I was in Kiev the last time United were there, an absolutely crazy place and much more dangerous now.

NAG1

Any links to the game?

Cunny Funt

Hull played for a 0-0 and almost got it. Winning goal deep into injury time was all about Wayne Rooney.

GJL

Jose is going to have craic picking a starting 11 now! Deserved to get the win but tough luck on Hull.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GJL on August 27, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
Jose is going to have craic picking a starting 11 now! Deserved to get the win but tough luck on Hull.

Nice headache to have as they say. In fairness Utd pushed and pushed and got their reward. Looked a different team in the 2 no half. Utd have a decent starting 11 now and a strong bench. Unlucky Hull who defended well.

Boycey

It was LVGesque for the first hour but the last 30 mins was right out of the Fergie era right down to injury time goal. Martial, Mata, Ibra and Rooney all average but fair play to Rooney for the bit of class at the end.

Milltown Row2

Nice to win but the league games against better attacking teams will provide a better idea to where Utd really is
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Jose fairly cut Smalling's goal celebration short!   ;D.  He had the look of a naughty schoolboy getting caught! 

stiffler

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2016, 08:43:22 AM
Jose fairly cut Smalling's goal celebration short!   ;D.  He had the look of a naughty schoolboy getting caught!

Was he not signalling to smalling to get ready to come on ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009