Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 15, 2016, 11:53:45 AM
It's funny since Falcao came that there is a new trend from ABUs of stating the cost of Uniteds players as being made up of their wages as well as their transfer fee.  Ibrahimovic cost nothing, of course he gets paid but I have never seen the same dung spouted against other free transfer over the years, same goes with Pogba now too.  I heard some slabbers saying that Pogba is costing £180 million from the fee, add-ons and wages etc yet I have never heard this logic applied to any non-United player yet.

City have spent more than us this summer but there's barely been a mention of it. Its a sure sign everyone is worried about us again.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 15, 2016, 11:53:20 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 15, 2016, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 15, 2016, 11:27:21 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 15, 2016, 11:06:33 AM
QuoteZlatan on a free is looking like a brilliant bit of business.

That's the £10m a year free transfer...

Probably more dinny. Buying a player of his quality would cost tens of millions.

10 years ago definitely not now for a soon to be a 35 year old man. The business of sport is weird as in football clubs should not be making profits but not should be making losses either. So in that sense Man United can well afford him so his cost to Man United could be in terms of loss of time in developing Rashford and even Martial. Just think like RVP short term thinking could cost Man United long term.

If you want to go down that route than the player stopping others from progressing is Rooney not Zlatan.

Yea that's a valid point. Would you have sold Rooney?
#newbridgeornowhere

DuffleKing

Would have given him away three years ago and that is not an exaggeration.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 15, 2016, 11:58:01 AM

Probably more dinny. Buying a player of his quality would cost tens of millions.

10 years ago definitely not now for a soon to be a 35 year old man. The business of sport is weird as in football clubs should not be making profits but not should be making losses either. So in that sense Man United can well afford him so his cost to Man United could be in terms of loss of time in developing Rashford and even Martial. Just think like RVP short term thinking could cost Man United long term.

If you want to go down that route than the player stopping others from progressing is Rooney not Zlatan.

I'd have sold him in 2013, he's been useless since the start of 2012/13 season. Mourinho will give him time but I can't see him been first choice in a few months unless a miracle happens and he starts playing well.

ballinaman

I think Mourniho is giving a few players enough rope to hang themselves , Rooney will be out of the line up soon surely. Likewise Memphis, cameo was shocking yesterday.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 15, 2016, 12:05:05 PM

I'd have sold him in 2013, he's been useless since the start of 2012/13 season. Mourinho will give him time but I can't see him been first choice in a few months unless a miracle happens and he starts playing well.

I think JM will back him and play him for most of the games barring injury. He showed loyalty to the older players at Chelsea and pretty much everywhere he has been, so it would be strange to see him being isolated at least this season.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on August 15, 2016, 12:09:27 PM

I think JM will back him and play him for most of the games barring injury. He showed loyalty to the older players at Chelsea and pretty much everywhere he has been, so it would be strange to see him being isolated at least this season.

Remember what he did to Terry last season a few games in?

AZOffaly

The older players at Chelsea were his players too though. You're more likely to be loyal to lads that soldiered with you. Rooney is not his man.

Dinny Breen

Would that not go against his MO - he likes to keep the local high profile players on side, thinking Lampard and JT here, helps keep the media on page. Throwing Rooney under the bus would not help with the media and could become a side show and not help at all with the siege mentality he likes to build up. He's stuck with I think and how he deploys him will be the key a to challenge or not.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 15, 2016, 12:11:50 PM

And how did that turn out?
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 15, 2016, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 15, 2016, 12:11:50 PM

And how did that turn out?

Chelsea had a few more issues than Terry last season.

Boycey

Rachel Riley is a welcome addition to Sky's football coverage  8)

Pogba for Herrara is only change.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Boycey on August 19, 2016, 07:53:18 PM
Rachel Riley is a welcome addition to Sky's football coverage 
+1000

The Trap

The four boys were squirming in their seats when Rachel was asking them questions. I reckon she could get some great answers out of them as they are all trying to impress her!!!!!

GJL

Zlatan is a f**king machine. 😎😎