Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 10, 2016, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2016, 11:45:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 09, 2016, 11:09:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2016, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 09, 2016, 07:13:46 PM
Is there a game this weekend?

First game of any note!! Would need to win to actually be a team that will conten for the league
Manchester United won the last derby last season but still managed to lose against Stoke,Norwich,Bournemouth etc.

Teams need to beat their rivals to win the league, at least at home or take 4 points off them during the season to have a chance of winning the league... For me this is the real test... Utd win this weekend ? I'd say they could compete, should Utd lose at home then it's points dropped.. Jose is a great manager, not everyone's cup of tea but even he'd be honest enough that to win the league in the first year with a middle performance team is difficult..

Leicester City won the league last season and did so by losing twice to their nearest rivals Arsenal.

Utd need to win this game and they should win it. Spurs were Leicester's rivals and didn't lose to them in the league.... Arsenal haven't challenged after xmas for many years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

It's the 4th game of the season ffs... Be nice to win, as the derby always is, no more no less.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 10, 2016, 08:52:40 AM
It's the 4th game of the season ffs... Be nice to win, as the derby always is, no more no less.

Be nice to win?? Can't win a tackle at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

Bloody hell. Pogba and rest of midfield disappeared first half
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

deleting your posts stiffler  ;D

Captain Obvious

Dominate performance from Manchester City. The goals terrible defending from Blind for the first a stroke of luck off the post for the second and a gift for the third.  De Bruyne the best player on the field while Rooney,Fellaini,Lingard total passengers.

Boycey

Mighty impressive stuff from City thus far, half time score flatters Utd greatly..

StGallsGAA

Should be 3-2 to United at HT.  You wouldn't expect Ibrahimovic to miss those chances!

Cunny Funt

I wonder what Joe Hart is thinking while watching this Bravo performance? A goal gifted to allow United back into the game and he should be sent off and conceded a penalty for that tackle on Rooney.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 10, 2016, 01:55:49 PM
I wonder what Joe Hart is thinking while watching this Bravo performance? A goal gifted to allow United back into the game and he should be sent off and conceded a penalty for that tackle on Rooney.

The one where he got the ball?  :-X

galwayman

Stones was as much to blame for the goal.
If the keeper calls it you don't jump to head it which Stones did & ended up impeding him.
That's assuming he did call.
He looks dodgy with the ball at his feet all the same.
Can see a few goals from him trying to be too clever.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

Good game. Manchester United were the better team in the second half and probably deserved a goal however Manchester City were deserving winners for how well they played first half.

Boycey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 10, 2016, 02:01:15 PM

Getting to the ball first wouldn't mean it couldn't have been a peno.. Impossible for ref to give one though I'd have thought at the speed it happened. City probably deserved win as they were the better team for more of the match.. Hugely entertaining match.

Pity to have our title challenge over so early though  >:(

stew

Quote from: Boycey on September 10, 2016, 02:46:35 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 10, 2016, 02:01:15 PM

Getting to the ball first wouldn't mean it couldn't have been a peno.. Impossible for ref to give one though I'd have thought at the speed it happened. City probably deserved win as they were the better team for more of the match.. Hugely entertaining match.

Pity to have our title challenge over so early though  >:(

Bollocks! Two footed lunge with both feet studs up, clear penalty and sending off, wrong decison that cost United a point they probably just about deserved.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.