Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: yellowcard on May 24, 2016, 02:39:36 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on May 23, 2016, 11:04:15 PM
And then the backing of the doctor when she was fired was probably when you noticed him losing interest. And who could blame him?
The success that he had brought Chelsea and for the club as a whole to not support him or even try to resolve the problem left him out on a limb.

Absolute nonsense. He questioned the woman's professional integrity. She had a duty of care to treat an injured player, if she had obeyed Mourinho's instructions she would have been derided within her profession as her primary duty is to look after the welfare of the players. It was bully boy behaviour which Mourinho has made a theme of during his time in management. I haven't heard too many people trying to support him on this situation and your comments are indicitive of how some people will simply turn a blind eye to any of his behaviour no matter how despicable. First time around in England I could see some humour in the man and he had a certain charm at times. However the mask slipped when things didn't go his own way and the Madrid job seemed to leave a permanent scar. He returned to England looking worn out and crankier and unless he has found his zest for management during his rest period I'd expect more erratic behaviour again next season.

No one is defending him on the doctor situation he was in the wrong, but lets not get carried away she was running on to treat Hazard he wasnt going to die from tripping over his own laces  ;)

I would imagine and would be hoping that the board and the club hierarchy would be sitting with him and outlining that some of his previous antics just will not wash. At the end of the day he now part of a massive global brand as well as being the manager of the team, so he has more to think about when it comes to his behaviour than just FA fines etc.

I have stated on here before that I dont think that he is the ideal man, but I cant even come up with a proper alternative that is available.

I for one was for giving DM a bit more time than he got, I liked LVG even with the poor football I think he has been treated poorly. I will give JM the same time and hope that he can improve the team and behave at the same time.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GJL on May 24, 2016, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: stew on May 24, 2016, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 23, 2016, 06:43:54 PM
Some nonsense on here from Mourinho passed his sell by date to the manager is not the problem but the Glazers. Mourinho this time last year was manager of the league champions and as much I hate the glazers they are not responsible for LVG's poor performances as a manager this year.

As for the style of football we haven't been great to watch since 2008 and Mourinho's teams aren't that bad to watch.

A rumour started last week that Mourinho wants Brian Kidd back involved in the club, Fergie really will be furious if that happens.

As for our captain marvel he has shown his true colours leaking information to Daniel Taylor & Mark Ogden over the weekend. Rooney really is a c**t.

Time will tell, it does no matter how good you are as a coach if the players don't play for you, United's players will back him if they like him, if not he is fucked, my money is on him throwing a few players under the bus and the squad turning on him.
Be interesting to see how he deals with Mata.

He's been here over 2 years now and he's done nothing to suggest we should be desperate to keep him, I think Mata & Fellaini both have 2 years left on their contracts which is usually the point where United offer them a new deal or get rid. We're blessed with one paced midfielders with them 2, Rooney, Schweinsteiger & Carrick. I think Herrera & Schniderlin are both safe but the likes of Blind & Rojo will be sweating along with Fellaini & Mata. I'd imagine our resident German is safe given he's on silly money and there's no club in Europe to offer him a similar deal .

We need at least one centre half, a centre mid, a right sided attacking player and a centre forward. I can see him buying Stones and bringing in a other experienced centre half. I haven't a clue which midfielders or wingers he'll be after although I'm sure he'll be happy if the club go after Pogba. I really hope we go for Zlatan, age wise he won't get in the way of Rashford and given the amount of games we'll play next season Rashford would still see plenty of game time although there's news that Vardy has a clause at £22m which might attract United.

screenexile

PP's summation of Giggsy's last 29 years at the theatre of w**ks!

ashman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 24, 2016, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 24, 2016, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: stew on May 24, 2016, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 23, 2016, 06:43:54 PM
Some nonsense on here from Mourinho passed his sell by date to the manager is not the problem but the Glazers. Mourinho this time last year was manager of the league champions and as much I hate the glazers they are not responsible for LVG's poor performances as a manager this year.

As for the style of football we haven't been great to watch since 2008 and Mourinho's teams aren't that bad to watch.

A rumour started last week that Mourinho wants Brian Kidd back involved in the club, Fergie really will be furious if that happens.

As for our captain marvel he has shown his true colours leaking information to Daniel Taylor & Mark Ogden over the weekend. Rooney really is a c**t.

Time will tell, it does no matter how good you are as a coach if the players don't play for you, United's players will back him if they like him, if not he is fucked, my money is on him throwing a few players under the bus and the squad turning on him.
Be interesting to see how he deals with Mata.

He's been here over 2 years now and he's done nothing to suggest we should be desperate to keep him, I think Mata & Fellaini both have 2 years left on their contracts which is usually the point where United offer them a new deal or get rid. We're blessed with one paced midfielders with them 2, Rooney, Schweinsteiger & Carrick. I think Herrera & Schniderlin are both safe but the likes of Blind & Rojo will be sweating along with Fellaini & Mata. I'd imagine our resident German is safe given he's on silly money and there's no club in Europe to offer him a similar deal .

We need at least one centre half, a centre mid, a right sided attacking player and a centre forward. I can see him buying Stones and bringing in a other experienced centre half. I haven't a clue which midfielders or wingers he'll be after although I'm sure he'll be happy if the club go after Pogba. I really hope we go for Zlatan, age wise he won't get in the way of Rashford and given the amount of games we'll play next season Rashford would still see plenty of game time although there's news that Vardy has a clause at £22m which might attract United.

WE ????????

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2016, 03:41:38 PM
PP's summation of Giggsy's last 29 years at the theatre of w**ks!

Good man screen, another valuable contribution. PP are great marketeers arent they  :-\

under the bar

5 Sams

Just watched a programme on Sky about Andy Cole...Fcuk he was good. Some of his goals were amazing...yet he never gets mentioned when the United greats are discussed. Discuss ;)
The Aristocrat Years

NAG1

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 25, 2016, 01:25:39 AM
Just watched a programme on Sky about Andy Cole...Fcuk he was good. Some of his goals were amazing...yet he never gets mentioned when the United greats are discussed. Discuss ;)

Andy Cole was a great striker but it was his chances to goals ratio that would have hurt him from being regarded as one of the greats.
And to be fair with the amount of chances that team created per game, most strikers would have ended up with a bag full of goals.

seafoid

Does anyone think Maureen can win the CL with the theatre of downsized dreams ?

GJL

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2016, 09:30:28 AM

He won it with Porto so anything is possible. I will be happy with a league win first and foremost.

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2016, 09:30:28 AM

There old theory on the prize bonds applies here

"If you are not in it you can't win it "

Milltown Row2

Its funny how some clubs fancy winning the CL over winning their domestic league first....

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2016, 11:28:44 AM
Its funny how some clubs fancy winning the CL over winning their domestic league first....
the CL is a money racket. Man U has been conspicuous by its absence from the tournament.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2016, 01:59:37 PM
the CL is a money racket. Man U has been conspicuous by its absence from the tournament.

Really? How many tines have they missed out since its inception?

A lit if excellent clubs have missed out a lot more than united, why the fixation on them?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on May 25, 2016, 02:35:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2016, 01:59:37 PM

Really? How many tines have they missed out since its inception?

A lit if excellent clubs have missed out a lot more than united, why the fixation on them?
It is not a club, Stew. It is more than that. It is the theatre of dreams.