Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Maroon Manc

I'm delighted and can now really look forward to the new season, I'm hoping he brings Zlatan with him too.

Its the job he's always wanted as he knows he'll have more control over the club then he had at previous clubs.

There will be plenty of nervous players worried about their careers mainly Blind, Rojo, Fellaini & Mata. Mata is never going to be first choice under Mourinho, I can see him returning to Valencia who are now a wealthy club.

Tony Baloney

With Mourinho controlling the referees and the addition of Zlatan, Man United are clear favourites to win the league next year. Would be surprised if anyone was within 10 points by the end of the season.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 27, 2016, 01:46:55 PM
I'm delighted and can now really look forward to the new season, I'm hoping he brings Zlatan with him too.

Its the job he's always wanted as he knows he'll have more control over the club then he had at previous clubs.

There will be plenty of nervous players worried about their careers mainly Blind, Rojo, Fellaini & Mata. Mata is never going to be first choice under Mourinho, I can see him returning to Valencia who are now a wealthy club.
I actually think Blind and Schneiderlin would make a very good pairing in the middle for a 4-2-3-1 formation. He is a good passer of the ball. CB was an unfair position for him.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 27, 2016, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 27, 2016, 01:46:55 PM

I actually think Blind and Schneiderlin would make a very good pairing in the middle for a 4-2-3-1 formation. He is a good passer of the ball. CB was an unfair position for him.

He got plenty of games in midfield in his first season and I was far from impressed. I've grown up with our holding midfielders as Robbo, Ince, Keane and then Carrick. Blind is a long way off any of those players and at best I'd take him as a back up to Shaw at left back.

screenexile

United lads past their best:

Young
Valencia
Carrick
Blind (seems to be going backwards)
Mata
Fat Rooney
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Zlatan

Mourinho

Looking forward to this season  8) 8) ;D ;D

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on May 27, 2016, 03:07:37 PM
United lads past their best:

Young
Valencia
Carrick
Blind (seems to be going backwards)
Mata
Fat Rooney
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Zlatan

Mourinho

Looking forward to this season  8) 8) ;D ;D

you forgot Woodward and Glazer

NAG1

Blind has been one of the most under rated players this season, he is playing out of position at CB and still was able to step out and play positively from the back. I think long term Smalling will have benefited from playing along side him.

Going to be an interesting few weeks in the market that's for sure.

Armamike

A very good appointment for Man u in terms of challenging for trophies.  There aren't that many proven top managers out there at the minute kicking their heels.  Chances are he will bring immediate success, especially if he's got funds to spend.  Whether he's there for the long haul, does that really matter?  There may be someone else as good if not better on the market in 3 years time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on May 27, 2016, 03:50:54 PM
Blind has been one of the most under rated players this season, he is playing out of position at CB and still was able to step out and play positively from the back. I think long term Smalling will have benefited from playing along side him.

Going to be an interesting few weeks in the market that's for sure.

I agree he's had to play out of position all season and had a very good 6 until the West Ham game but I'll be very surprised if we see him at centre half again, we concede so many goals at set pieces and crosses and Blind is one of the reasons why we do as we have a centre half who can't compete in the air. He makes far too many mistakes, lost count of the amount of times he's just left his position and left a lot of space in behind him. We certainly need to add some height to the team given we don't have any fullbacks who are good in the air.

I see we've been linked with Manolas, I haven't seen anything of him at Roma but I can remember he was outstanding for Greece in the world cup.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Rooney, Mourinho's style will help him as a midfielder more than LVG's although I know what I'd do with him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 27, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
With Mourinho controlling the referees and the addition of Zlatan, Man United are clear favourites to win the league next year. Would be surprised if anyone was within 10 points by the end of the season.

Sure its your year.... New manager with new signings with all this money Klopp will get plus the added attraction of no distractions in Europe its nailed on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Rashford sure has the Midas touch at present. He's just scored two minutes into his international debut..

seafoid

Between 2002 and 2010 mourinho won 6 leagues and 2 CLs.
Since 2010 he has won 2 leagues and left 2 clubs in disarray. His time at Man U will probably end up the same.

Minder

Match made in heaven  :-X
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2016, 09:28:16 PM
Match made in heaven  :-X
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 08:47:28 PM
Between 2002 and 2010 mourinho won 6 leagues and 2 CLs.
Since 2010 he has won 2 leagues and left 2 clubs in disarray. His time at Man U will probably end up the same.

And they say I obsess  ;D

Though on a serious note, I think Utd will just about get into top four next year, may challenge in 3 years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea