Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Van Gaal has the same look about him that Trapattoni had when managing the ROI. There for one last pay cheque, success would be a bonus - if not, then he gets a nice big wage to keep him and his own going for the rest of their lives.
Playing to a method that worked years ago and steadfastly refusing to change the dynamics of his team.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2016, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2016, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2016, 11:12:26 PM
Hughes has. Been brilliant with Stoke this season... Not in the reckoning for job after LVG is silly

Didn't pander to Ferguson after he left and the City thing still doesn't sit with a lot of fans

Well as a lad who watched him on 4/5 occasions he never left anything behind for the club... Has showed well in management too..

Mark Hughes hasn't done enough to be Manager of Manchester United. He's done a good job with Stoke, but is he any more impressive than David Moyes was? If they go after Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce or Ryan Giggs they will continue to stand still/fall back.

This is a vital appointment for United if they do let van Gaal go.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2016, 09:13:45 AM
Hughes has. Been brilliant with Stoke this season... Not in the reckoning for job after LVG is silly

Didn't pander to Ferguson after he left and the City thing still doesn't sit with a lot of fans

Well as a lad who watched him on 4/5 occasions he never left anything behind for the club... Has showed well in management too..

Mark Hughes hasn't done enough to be Manager of Manchester United. He's done a good job with Stoke, but is he any more impressive than David Moyes was? If they go after Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce or Ryan Giggs they will continue to stand still/fall back.

You'd almost think you didn't want them to continue to fall back...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Lol at never gave him a chance. A few of his transfers at City :

Wayne Bridge - £12m (left on a free after contract expiry)
Nigel de Jong - £18m (sold to AC Milan for £5m)
Robinho - £32.5m (sold to AC Milan for £15m)
Shaun Wright-Phillips - £9m (sold to QPR)
Gareth Barry - £12m
Joleon Lescott - £22m
Kolo Toure - £16m (went on a free to Liverpool)
Jo £19m - (signed for Internacional)
Tal Ben Haim £6m
Roque Santa Cruz £18m - (left at the end of his contract)

That's over 150 MILLION. If anything he was given too much time and definitely too much money.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on February 14, 2016, 10:13:28 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2016, 09:13:45 AM

You'd almost think you didn't want them to continue to fall back...

Oh I do, but I'd prefer we get our own house in order. Us first and United second every year would suit me fine.

Maroon Manc

Would Mark Hughes be mentioned if he'd never played for United! Not a chance, the two best managers we've comfortably ever had never played for the club.

As predicted the next bad performance wasn't far away, 14 points from our last 13 games is a disgrace. If he'd gone after the Norwich game when he should have we'd be a lot closer to the top 4.

Looks like they won't sack him until we can't mathematically finish in the top 4 and he's totally ruined our season. He should quit but he won't, how Donald Love gets a game ahead of some of the other youngsters is beyond me; I watched a lot of the youth and u21 games and he's way down the list of lads who have a chance of making it. Fosu-Mensah is 3 years younger than him and impressed me a lot more than Love.

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 14, 2016, 12:22:56 PM
Would Mark Hughes be mentioned if he'd never played for United! Not a chance, the two best managers we've comfortably ever had never played for the club.

As predicted the next bad performance wasn't far away, 14 points from our last 13 games is a disgrace. If he'd gone after the Norwich game when he should have we'd be a lot closer to the top 4.

Looks like they won't sack him until we can't mathematically finish in the top 4 and he's totally ruined our season. He should quit but he won't, how Donald Love gets a game ahead of some of the other youngsters is beyond me; I watched a lot of the youth and u21 games and he's way down the list of lads who have a chance of making it. Fosu-Mensah is 3 years younger than him and impressed me a lot more than Love.

The arrogance of United fans continues to be breathtaking.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on February 14, 2016, 12:26:40 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 14, 2016, 12:22:56 PM

The arrogance of United fans continues to be breathtaking.

His point is quite reasonable...

GJL

Jeysus if Utd had put any sort of a run together they would be ahead of city at this stage. 😫

seafoid

Utd are only 6 points behind the first team in Manchester after today

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2016, 06:20:26 PM

Its great that you posted that otherwise nobody would know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

The only team in Manchester mate, though u wouldn't know it from all the empty seats today...

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2016, 06:25:28 PM

It is actually not as bad as it could have been. Too much moaning and wailing after sunnaland

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

It is actually not as bad as it could have been. Too much moaning and wailing after sunnaland
Six points off the top four in an average premier league is bad for a club like Manchester United. Looking at the table tonight they are closer to seventh than fourth.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 14, 2016, 06:52:50 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

Six points off the top four in an average premier league is bad for a club like Manchester United. Looking at the table tonight they are closer to seventh than fourth.

But to be that bad and still 5th is disgusting!! How poor must the other teams be to be languishing in mid table positions.... Cant see City making it now... Spurs Arsenal must be Favourites at this point, but Leicester have better games coming up, though they looked very weary today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea