Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
Record breaker Jamie Vardy? A Vardy party tonight!!

Can you imaging being a long suffering LC supporter right about now? It must be a brilliant feeling for them, they will come up short but feck I would love them to win the Premiership.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Vardy is a goal machine!! Got to and it to Claudio
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

United lucky to going in level.
Leicester the better side first half.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Cunny Funt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
Record breaker Jamie Vardy? A Vardy party tonight!!
Two more games to beat the record. The way Leicester play is ideal for Vardy if he played with United under that low risk system he would struggle to score at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 28, 2015, 06:20:57 PM
United lucky to going in level.
Leicester the better side first half.

Stuck tenner on Utd at 5/1 a goal down, ain't been watching it but cash out is 21 quid..... Are Utd not likely to win from here??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

One chance in that 2nd half Ulloa on the counter attack. United as usual passing it around sideways or backwards and not keen on taking a risk.

GJL

Yawn. Utd need to buy in January. Need a bit of magic in the final third. Fair play to LC. Would love to see them finish top 4. They won't win it.

the goal was on

More spending? I would not give lvg another penny. Got di Maria / delay / martial. Good players won't flourish on that system or under that dictator.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on November 28, 2015, 07:28:59 PM
Yawn. Utd need to buy in January. Need a bit of magic in the final third. Fair play to LC. Would love to see them finish top 4. They won't win it.
What about the £300million spent already?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Good point after going a goal down and with all the injuries. Arsenal apparently have an injury crisis but ours has been mentioned; Rojo, Shaw, Jones, Valencia, Lingard and Herrera all injured. LVG has left the squad a bit thin and hopefully that is addressed in January. I can see why Wilson was allowed to leave, do think he'd be still here if he was able to play out wide.

Rooney again woeful, it's like playing with ten men and once again Mata didn't offer enough. I've huge reservations about Mata and I think LVG does too, don't see him been first choice next season. Young had a very poor first half and was at fault for the first goal and made several other mistakes although the system didn't help him.

Football is dull but will improve once he's got his team in place, I'm prepared to be patient and once he's gone in 18 months the club will be in a far better place.

annapr

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2015, 08:08:38 PM
Good point after going a goal down and with all the injuries. Arsenal apparently have an injury crisis but ours has been mentioned; Rojo, Shaw, Jones, Valencia, Lingard and Herrera all injured. LVG has left the squad a bit thin and hopefully that is addressed in January. I can see why Wilson was allowed to leave, do think he'd be still here if he was able to play out wide.

Rooney again woeful, it's like playing with ten men and once again Mata didn't offer enough. I've huge reservations about Mata and I think LVG does too, don't see him been first choice next season. Young had a very poor first half and was at fault for the first goal and made several other mistakes although the system didn't help him.

Football is dull but will improve once he's got his team in place, I'm prepared to be patient and once he's gone in 18 months the club will be in a far better place.
Deluded much?
He's been there 18months, spent many hundreds of millions of pounds and he doesn't have his team in place yet?
What's he been doing for the past year and a half so!

Klopp has been at Liverpool a few weeks and already has them playing the way he wants,with the same group of players that needed a penalty shootout to beat the mighty Carlisle and were being hammered 0-3 at home by West Ham.

Open your eyes ffs. The problem is LVG. It doesn't matter how much more money he wastes, united will never get back to where they once were with him in charge.

stew

Quote from: annapr on November 28, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Deluded much?
He's been there 18months, spent many hundreds of millions of pounds and he doesn't have his team in place yet?

Klopp has been at Liverpool a few weeks and already has them playing the way he wants,with the same group of players that needed a penalty shootout to beat the mighty Carlisle and were being hammered 0-3 at home by West Ham.

Open your eyes ffs. The problem is LVG. It doesn't matter how much more money he wastes, united will never get back to where they once were with him in charge.

Could not agree more!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: annapr on November 28, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Deluded much?

In fairness the transfer dealings are done by Ed Woodward who hasn't a clue what he is doing. Van Gaal took over a side that finished seventh and were easy to beat. Manchester United finished in the top four last season they should finish in the top four again this season and are no longer easy to beat.

An era of sustained success comes and goes will Manchester United ever get back to where they once were? after all Liverpool have been trying for twenty five years.

Maroon Manc

Imagine the internet existed back in the late 80's, Fergie had spent more money than any of his rivals and was no nearer to winning the title. You'd think we were in Chelsea's position ffs.

He's 18 months into the job, has got rid of over 20 players and only a point only a point behind the leaders.  Depay,  Lingard and Martial don't even have 40 games between them for United, they are 3 young inexperienced players who will improve.

Pellegrini has spent more money and inherited a far superior team and their only a point ahead of United.

GJL

Utd are currently above Arsenal and Chelsea and a point behind City. They have the best defence in the league. To make a great team the first thing to do is to make them hard to beat then work on scoring. (Ask Jimmy). Utd are a work in progress and are one good goal scoring player away from being a league winning team. January window may just turn up that player and if Utd are still in around the top of the table then they could win the league.