Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on April 09, 2014, 09:43:47 PM
Bayern 1st goal tonight came at a great time if only United had held the lead for a little longer. Defending very poor on all Bayern goals. TBH Was always going to be uphill task not winning the home leg as 1-1 was never going to be enough against a side of the quality of Bayern.

I wonder how long before i see Man United in CL again on the evidence of this season it could be a long time  :(

United should go all out to win Europa League next year if they are in it. Winners of it qualify for Champions League.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Utd/Moyes did well. If they'd kept concentration after they scored....could be facing Chelsea in a semi-final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2014, 09:46:16 PM
Bayern 1st goal tonight came at a great time if only United had held the lead for a little longer. Defending very poor on all Bayern goals. TBH Was always going to be uphill task not winning the home leg as 1-1 was never going to be enough against a side of the quality of Bayern.

I wonder how long before i see Man United in CL again on the evidence of this season it could be a long time  :(

United should go all out to win Europa League next year if they are in it. Winners of it qualify for Champions League.

Don't know about that LL no Europa League football has worked wonders for Pool this season.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jonah

Watching that was like watching one of those FA Cup games where some no-mark Conference side get a cheeky goal against a Premier League team and everyone gets all excited before the better team simply turn it up a gear and go on to win easily. United are a shambles.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jonah on April 09, 2014, 09:51:24 PM
Watching that was like watching one of those FA Cup games where some no-mark Conference side get a cheeky goal against a Premier League team and everyone gets all excited before the better team simply turn it up a gear and go on to win easily. United are a shambles.

Have only themselves to blame for appointing Moyes as manager.

The Worker

Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 09, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
Now impossible for utd to win a competition this season and over a week to Easter. Possibly for the first time in over a quarter of a century.

Too many players not up to scratch, abstract tactics and no leadership. Bleak period beckons.
Barca looking at a period of reflection as well
All good things come to an end

Barca are in next seasons champs league, copa del rey final and are in with a shout of the league. Not really comparable.

Sidney

Quote from: EC Unique on April 09, 2014, 09:41:09 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 09, 2014, 09:18:38 PM
How did Chelsea ever let Robben go, pace and scoring power to burn

Was thinking the same myself. He is a class player. Nightmare to defend against.

Ah well, season more or less over. Looking forward to summer transfer saga now.

The Champions League will just not be the same without Utd.
A Liverpool-Everton final next year should more than make up for Manchester United's absence.

David McKeown

To think 3 of the 4 managers in the semis weren't at their clubs this time last year and the 4th Utd probably could have got aswell but instead they went with Moyes.  Frustrating
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Norf Tyrone

Never heard that. Is that a new rule?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 09, 2014, 11:30:15 PM

Yeah from next season on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

Source? ............................................................. ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 08:41:03 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

Alex Ferguson
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 10, 2014, 08:45:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Alex Ferguson

Via his close friend and trusted confidant, Pat Crerand.

seafoid

Quote from: The Worker on April 09, 2014, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 09, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
Now impossible for utd to win a competition this season and over a week to Easter. Possibly for the first time in over a quarter of a century.

Too many players not up to scratch, abstract tactics and no leadership. Bleak period beckons.
Barca looking at a period of reflection as well
All good things come to an end

Barca are in next seasons champs league, copa del rey final and are in with a shout of the league. Not really comparable.
That team of super midgets are past it. Not as messy as under the Glazers but a similar sporting dynamic. The 7-0 Bayern drubbing last year was a sign. Guardiola left at the right time.

deiseach