Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 12, 2014, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 05:10:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 12, 2014, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 05:03:26 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 12, 2014, 04:54:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 04:46:18 PM
The players you'd be taking about shipping out would not/will not go for much. Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra could all be for the chop and you might get £10m for the lot. Giggs, Cleverly, Valencia and either of Welbeck/Hernandez could all go and again you might get £10m for the lot. If you were lucky.

Ah come on! Hernandez is worth more than 10M on his own!

As evidenced by? I'm exaggerating of course, but not by much. Ten league goals in each of his last two seasons. Two so far this season. Shane Long scored 8 in each of the last two seasons and has six this time around. He moved for what, 6.5 or 7m?

Do you honestly think Shane Long is a better player than Hernandez?

I think the statistics over the last few year show that Shane Long is as effective as Hernandez. How much do you value him at?!?!

I think Shane Long is a very good player. If Hull got him for what you quote that was about right. He is a great worker and can score though wouldn't be prolific. Hernandez has a bit extra than Long in terms of his movement and finishing ability. Wouldn't be as strong or have as good a first touch but likely to score more goals and create more space. I think Hernandez is worth about 15M personally and would be a steal for anyone if he was got for less. If he played regularly for someone he would easily hit 20 per season.

I dunno if he would or not, I am not sure that first touch he has would translate into 20 goals per season. I also don't think he has been great any time he has played from the start for United. In his defence it maybe is hard to impress when you are only getting 90mins now and again.

We won't know until he moves to another club
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 12, 2014, 05:34:03 PM
I think Shane Long is a very good player. If Hull got him for what you quote that was about right. He is a great worker and can score though wouldn't be prolific. Hernandez has a bit extra than Long in terms of his movement and finishing ability. Wouldn't be as strong or have as good a first touch but likely to score more goals and create more space. I think Hernandez is worth about 15M personally and would be a steal for anyone if he was got for less. If he played regularly for someone he would easily hit 20 per season.

Fair enough. Nothing I've seen to date suggests he would come close. He has never held down a starting position at OT and any time he has looked like doing so he has failed to impress as first choice. Head anywhere that would buy him and he's not going to be surrounded by players like RVP, Rooney and Mata.

brokencrossbar1

Lads you are saying that United need this and that player and money can bring them in CL or nor CL.  That is one part of the problem, however if United don't make the CL do you really think that RVP and Rooney will be there next season?  Not a f**king mission,  gone like a shot and if RM or PSG turn young Januwhateverthefuckhescalled's head then he will be gone too. The fallout of not making CL this year could be huge, on the back of the biggest shopping window of them all,  the World Cup.  I think there could be a catastrophic shake down in the club akin to what happened to Leeds.  Man U are not too big to go that way.

BTW,  I agree AZ,  I thought the exact same about seanie ;D

Farrandeelin

To change the subject, is the Arsenal game on Newstalk this evening?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jeepers Creepers

The thing about Hernandez is that most major soccer clubs don't play a style of football that suits him, his play outside the box is diabolical. He's a five yard off the line man. The ironic thing is Utd hit 81 crosses in a game he wasn't playing.

Rumours of RVP going back to Arsenal aren't going away either. Gooners wouldn't like it but Im Sure Wenger is lying awake at night dreaming of it.Arsenal just like Chelsea are short that prolific striker the would put them 4 or 5 points better off than they are now.

The Worker

Van Persie missed sitter in first minute

EC Unique

Best chances of the half and should be ahead. No doubt arsenal will take their chances and win.  :-\

The Worker

Rooney does some mouthing to the ref.

Main Street

Moyes does like the ball being pumped into the box.
I'm surprised he's using such agricultural tactics with £50m+ players. maybe he's a proletariat at heart, albeit a rich one.

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on February 12, 2014, 08:37:26 PM
Best chances of the half and should be ahead. No doubt arsenal will take their chances and win.  :-\
What do you care? You've already told us you want Man United to lose.

michaelg

Not been overly impressed with Mata tonight.  Not used the ball terribly well and too easily muscled off the ball.  Valencia is a wooden one - Despite that goal line clearance!

The Worker

Quote from: michaelg on February 12, 2014, 09:04:46 PM
Not been overly impressed with Mata tonight.  Not used the ball terribly well and too easily muscled off the ball.  Valencia is a wooden one - Despite that goal line clearance!

Not matas fault he's played outta position.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Worker on February 12, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

Yip, defo best around the edge it box, but the way Utd play this year he won't get the chance. Might see more of him at the home tie in the champions league. If I were Moyes I wouldn't have started him tonight. Utd needed a wee bit more composure tonight. Still a bit of confidence needed. A flash of what Rooney & RVP can do when hit the crossbar. Good save as we'll.

The Worker

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 12, 2014, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: The Worker on February 12, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

Yip, defo best around the edge it box, but the way Utd play this year he won't get the chance. Might see more of him at the home tie in the champions league. If I were Moyes I wouldn't have started him tonight. Utd needed a wee bit more composure tonight. Still a bit of confidence needed. A flash of what Rooney & RVP can do when hit the crossbar. Good save as we'll.

Why sign a player for that £ to play him out of position ?

ross4life

Pity about the Van Persie sitter & in the end that Szczesny save in the 2nd half earned Arsenal a point. If Moyes wants to know how much United have underachieved this season then look no further than that average Arsenal side who happen to be 14 points ahead of them.

Even 5th looks out of reach now, woeful PL season from the defending champions thankfully only 12 games are left or maybe 12 too many for some...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open