Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AQMP on November 01, 2012, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 31, 2012, 11:04:39 PM
Disappointing in the end. Played some good stuff but I suppose in the end a bit of inexperience with the younger lads cost United. They'll learn from it. When you see Anderson the way he played tonight it just makes you wonder. Nani, goal apart, looks like a guy who is happily heading towards the exit door. Thought Rafael was very good, he is kicking on to a level he needs to get to. Powell looks to have good potential, loved seeing him tangling with Ramires and coming out the better more often than not.

Enjoyable game for the neutral I'd say. Looked like either side could score with each attack.

Missed a good bit of the first half - did Sky show many of the United fans banners? Heard about a beaut that was prepared for tonight.

"Clattenburg - Referee - Leader - Legend" was on show!  Not bad!

Heard about that one too. Was more hoping that "CFC - fighting racism since Sunday evening" was caught by the cameras!

AQMP

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2012, 10:51:46 AM
Disappointing in the end. Played some good stuff but I suppose in the end a bit of inexperience with the younger lads cost United. They'll learn from it. When you see Anderson the way he played tonight it just makes you wonder. Nani, goal apart, looks like a guy who is happily heading towards the exit door. Thought Rafael was very good, he is kicking on to a level he needs to get to. Powell looks to have good potential, loved seeing him tangling with Ramires and coming out the better more often than not.

Enjoyable game for the neutral I'd say. Looked like either side could score with each attack.

Missed a good bit of the first half - did Sky show many of the United fans banners? Heard about a beaut that was prepared for tonight.

Heard about that one too. Was more hoping that "CFC - fighting racism since Sunday evening" was caught by the cameras!

Now that's better! ;D

According to the Guardian the complaint against Clattenburg is being driven by the players Mikel and Ramires.  Now neither of these is a native English speaker and apparently Clattenburg has a strong Geordie accent..."on the balance of probability" I'd say with the noise of the crowd etc, these two have mis-heard some comment by Clattenburg (allegedly "Shut up Mikel") as "Shut up monkey".  I'd guess there's no case to answer.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2012, 10:51:46 AM

Was plenty of pictures of that both of them on twitter last night.

AZOffaly

That young Keane lad looked a decent player. Reminded me a bit of a young Gary Pallister.

Good of the scouser to make sure Chelsea won though. He did everything bar score for them :D

Billys Boots

Pity Brady didn't get a run-out last night; though he made the bench.  Clifford didn't even make the Chelsea bench. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 01, 2012, 11:43:35 AM
Pity Brady didn't get a run-out last night; though he made the bench.  Clifford didn't even make the Chelsea bench.

I am not sure if Clifford was in the squad. He struggled on loan at Portsmouth this year, so he needs to get out and establish himself at a decent level quickly me thinks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Billys Boots

Just had a quick look at the Portsmouth stats there, he's only had 41 mins play (in 2 substitute appearances) during which time he's scored once.  He'd need to be making the starting line-up in League 1 if he's to progress alright. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 01, 2012, 11:53:13 AM
Just had a quick look at the Portsmouth stats there, he's only had 41 mins play (in 2 substitute appearances) during which time he's scored once.  He'd need to be making the starting line-up in League 1 if he's to progress alright.

I know. Considering this was  Pompey side that were struggling to find ANYONE to play for it at the time!

NAG1

Any one else getting tired of Ramires, he has spent the past two games literally running around kicking people and nothing seems to be said about it or done about it.

Seems to have some sort of carte blanche with the referees at present.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: NAG1 on November 01, 2012, 12:11:12 PM
Any one else getting tired of Ramires, he has spent the past two games literally running around kicking people and nothing seems to be said about it or done about it.

Could never tire of watching someone kick United players.

NAG1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 01, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

Could never tire of watching someone kick United players.

Good contribution

AQMP

Great player who just can't tackle...like Paul Scholes ;)

Norf Tyrone

I thought Ramires was lucky not to get booked on Sunday. Never seen him do much wrong last night.

Seanie says that 'Powell looks to have good potential, loved seeing him tangling with Ramires and coming out the better more often than not.'

So not sure if the party line was that Ramires running around kicking people, or was he getting bossed by Powell. Let us know and come back to us.

I was too busy trying to keep count of the amount of yellows the lad Wootan should've had.

Billys Boots

QuoteI was too busy trying to keep count of the amount of yellows the lad Wootan should've had.

Is he one of the Wootan Clan?  It's alright, I have me coat ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 01, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
QuoteI was too busy trying to keep count of the amount of yellows the lad Wootan should've had.

Is he one of the Wootan Clan?  It's alright, I have me coat ...

RACIST!!