Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: wildrover on August 23, 2012, 08:55:57 PM
I believe RVP to be a superb signing...likewise Kagawa...Utd now have genuinely one of the best attacking units in world football with great options for the variety of environments/systems that they will encounter during the course of the season...

Journalists, pundits and 'experts' will continue to spew out sensationalist crap for as long as 'From the Bunker' continues to sponge it up...but ultimately they know as much or as little as we (Joe Public) do about the policies behind Ferguson's signings (whether he genuinely is severely financially handicapped, or whether he sees much greater value in gradually introducing young players into the first team on the strength of club loyalty etc.) We are not party to what goes on in the boardroom of old trafford.

Ultimately time will tell....

Ah, Journalists are only giving their angle on it. The god ones will put a spin to get you thinking. It's a speculation and all part of the entertainment of football. Van persie was bought for take that one chance you get in Europe, Also to free up Rooney for midfield.

Orangemac

Earley is a bit of a spoofer but as an outsider I think Utd should have looked to strengthen midfield.Scholes and Cleverley are both at wrong age.

Utd couldn't get close to Barca in 2010 (who could?) and slipped further behind last year. They need someone in the mould of Xavi, Scweinsteiger,Alonso etc who can control a game.

Moutinho would have been a great fit for Utd. Looked a class act in the Euros.

The Worker

Why didn't fergie pursue modric?

ballinaman

Looks like move for Hector Herrera is gathering momentum.

I was underwhelmed by him in the Olympics but United scouts see something.....hopefully.

So thats RVP(striker), Henriquez (striker).Kagawa(attacking midfielder), Powell (midfielder) Buttner (Left back) and maybe Herrera (centre mid)

Pretty much every position that needed to be looked at.

EC Unique

Quote from: The Worker on August 23, 2012, 10:38:26 PM

As far as I see he wants to go to Spain and nowhere else. I would love to see him at Utd but if he does not want to come what can you do?

wildrover

Quote from: Orangemac on August 23, 2012, 10:33:24 PM
Earley is a bit of a spoofer but as an outsider I think Utd should have looked to strengthen midfield.Scholes and Cleverley are both at wrong age.

Utd couldn't get close to Barca in 2010 (who could?) and slipped further behind last year. They need someone in the mould of Xavi, Scweinsteiger,Alonso etc who can control a game.

Moutinho would have been a great fit for Utd. Looked a class act in the Euros.

Agreed 100%. I was v.excited when utd were linked with Moutinho after the Euros.

Utd's central midfield is essentially a pick from giggs, scholes, cleverly, carrick, anderson, fletcher?...pretty anaemic really...giggs and scholes simply cannot last a full 90 minutes in the high tempo games any longer. I have high hopes for Cleverly and I think he could really establish himself this year, but Carrick is hugely frustrating and Anderson is a complete and utter tube. Fletcher may not play again...

In the Premier League they will hold their own in midfield, bar the might of Yaya & Co for city. In Europe they may hope someone else does their dirty work and knock out the spanish giants...

I fully expect their attack to fire on all cylinders however...Rooney, Van Persie, Nani, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov...it would appear they are top-heavy and so attack might well be the best form of defence at the minute...this alone could make for an exciting season....

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on August 23, 2012, 10:47:24 PM

As far as I see he wants to go to Spain and nowhere else. I would love to see him at Utd but if he does not want to come what can you do?

How do you know this unless you make an approach?

EC Unique

Quote from: The Worker on August 23, 2012, 11:01:22 PM

They may well have been one!

laoislad

Come on The Worker, if Fergie really wanted him he would have got him.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Once United signed Kagawa any interest in Modric would be waned.

The Worker

Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2012, 11:13:43 PM

Forgot this d'oh!

Come on The Worker, if Fergie really wanted him he would have got him.

EC Unique

RVP starts with Rooney on the bench. Fergie is going to have his hands full keeping all the strikers happy if he is only going to play one up front all the time.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

EC Unique

0-1 duff after 1 minute.  :-[

EC Unique

Rvp with a stunner. 1-1.  8)