Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

BBC website sorry i read it wrong 3.10

#  90:00+4:34  The referee signals the end of the game.
# 90:00+3:10 Luis Nani takes the inswinging corner, clearance made by Michael Turner. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Luis Nani, Anton Ferdinand manages to make a clearance. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Luis Nani, Lorik Cana manages to make a clearance.
# 90:00+3:10 GOAL - Anton Ferdinand:Man Utd 2 - 2 Sunderland
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Archie Mitchell

Felll asleep for last 30 mins the game was that bad, how much added time was indicated?

Ben Foster found out again. Why was this such an understrength United side? Sunderland playing great football from what I seen. Andy Reid had a great game. Seems to have reaped the rewards from his fitness work over the summer.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 03, 2009, 07:48:46 PM
Felll asleep for last 30 mins the game was that bad, how much added time was indicated?

4 minutes of Fergie Time.

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

Felll asleep for last 30 mins the game was that bad,
There is no bad game when Man U are trailing at OT.

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on October 03, 2009, 08:12:48 PM
Felll asleep for last 30 mins the game was that bad,
There is no bad game when Man U are trailing at OT.

I take it the match is now over?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Fergie is demanding a replay.
Apparantly the Andy Reid substitution took about 2 minutes.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Will Fergie be brought up for his rant at the 4th official as well as criticising the referee. He wasn't laughing with Alan Wiley yesterday like he was for the derby game. Did all managers not sign an agreement at start of the season saying they wouldn't criticise referee's after a game.

Gaffer

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 04, 2009, 11:05:59 AM
Will Fergie be brought up for his rant at the 4th official as well as criticising the referee. He wasn't laughing with Alan Wiley yesterday like he was for the derby game. Did all managers not sign an agreement at start of the season saying they wouldn't criticise referee's after a game.

Can never understand any manager ranting and raving to the 4th official. They didn t make the decision !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

nrico2006

QuoteOf course he won't, did Gary Neville receive any punishment for taunting the crowd like Adeybayor did? One rule for United another for everyone else.

Neville and Andebayors actions were not in the same bracket.  Neville celebrated the win and displayed his passion whilst Adebayor ran the whole length of the pitch to taunt the fans who had supported him in his Arsenal days, that was until he stopped trying and displayed no heart for the team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Sad to see the usual suspects making gimps ofthemselves going on about the injury time. Even that most anti-United of commentators Alan Green thought 4 mintes was correct. As it turns out United had 4 corners after they made it 2-2 so were perhaps a bit unlucky the ref didn't allow any time for the goal that was scored in injury time. Seems all the moaning from a few weeks back stuck in the refs mind (or maybe he was so knackered he wanted it to finish!!). Ferguson is probably just trying to redress the balance. Like him or not its good management.

Late goals are not an accident. United were brutal yesterday but showed character to circle the wagons for a late assault. Looks a bad result now but could be a vital point at the end of the season.

Team selection was strange and possibly cost United. Can't think why he did it. Giggs not even on the bench and he won't have any international action.

new devil

Yea seanie and the biggest gimp of all hasnt even been on yet  :D

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2009, 01:07:20 PM

Late goals are not an accident. United were brutal yesterday but showed character to circle the wagons for a late assault. Looks a bad result now but could be a vital point at the end of the season.

Indeed. I wasn't even watching the game, but I had the BBC text commentary on and was just waiting for the goal announcement towards the end. Not that they seemed to be playing well, but they get these late goals so often that its ridiculous to put it down to just luck. Guts and belief counts for an awful lot.

Jimmy Two Times

Anyone see Alan Wiley calling Wayne Rooney "Wazza"??????????