Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 06, 2009, 04:32:23 PM
Quote from: full back on October 06, 2009, 04:22:58 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 06, 2009, 04:21:06 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2009, 03:56:41 PM

Thank God he is back!! Owen back at training and Hargreves on course as well.
Foster has been a big disappointment alright.

I think its probably under-estimated what a difficult job it is being a keeper with a top team. Not touching the ball for long periods and expected to be perfect every time the ball comes your way. Every single mistake highlighted to the extreme. More pressure than any other position I think.

Given would have been the perfect man for Utd & this is highlighted even more by Foster's recent performances
thing is i thin most united fans would have been happy enough with foster coming in to replace VDS,he looked like he had loads of potential, but isnt happening for him now he is getting his chance

I would say he has blown his chance now and Fergie will be on the look out for a keeper.

Agree about the pressure on keepers and I also think a massive part of their game is confidence. One f**k up and then doubts come into their game. 'Will I go for that cross or not?' By the time they make up their mind its in the net!

EC Unique

Found this on page 9!!

Rooney out tomorrow and Berbs woman just fired out a we-un so is a doubt. Will be interesting to see who plays up front. Is Owen fit yet?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: EC Unique on October 16, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Found this on page 9!!

Rooney out tomorrow and Berbs woman just fired out a we-un so is a doubt. Will be interesting to see who plays up front. Is Owen fit yet?
Injured since 2001

full back

Going to be a tough game tomorrow, especially as Rooney is out

Hoping for a big defensive effort & sneak a winner from a set play

Minder

I'm surprised Berbatov mustered up the energy to dump a load into his missus.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2009, 07:48:07 PM
I'm surprised Berbatov mustered up the energy to dump a load into his missus.
Short spurts are his speciality. His missus wouldn't be expecting a sustained effort from him.

Farrandeelin

As depleted andd all as Utd are, I'd be disappointed if we come away with anything less than 3 points against Gary Megson's Bolton. As for the following week... if the same player's aren't there God look down on us.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EC Unique

Utd 1 up with an own goal ;D Must push on and win with Chelsea dropping 3 points. Dippers one down as well is a wee bonus :D

new devil

Couldnt ask for a better start EC....what a miss by evans   >:(

orangeman

2-0 Valencia scoring his first goal.

new devil

Berba having another good game today..great save by bolton Gk

orangeman

Sounds like it a hanging on match in the end.

Schkite

Should have scored a few more goals to prevent that nervy end, completely dominated them for 75 minutes but couldn't add a third. Still, the three points were won and back to the top of the table it is!  ;D Good day all round with Chelsea and Pool's results.

magpie seanie

Actually thought United were pretty poor today, masked only by Bolton's apparent refusal to try up until they got their goal. It was a free ride up 'til then and really United should have had 4 or 5 on the board and nearly paid for it. Need Vidic, Fletcher and Rooney back for next week but great to pick up the 3 points not playing well with other dropping points.

Giggs was bloody amazing again. Glad Valencia scored, he is a decent addition. Owen tying hard but just that half yard off the player he was. Maybe it will come. Rio struggling big time. Looks low on confidence but he will turn it around.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 17, 2009, 07:18:41 PM
Actually thought United were pretty poor today, masked only by Bolton's apparent refusal to try up until they got their goal. It was a free ride up 'til then and really United should have had 4 or 5 on the board and nearly paid for it. Need Vidic, Fletcher and Rooney back for next week but great to pick up the 3 points not playing well with other dropping points.

Giggs was bloody amazing again. Glad Valencia scored, he is a decent addition. Owen tying hard but just that half yard off the player he was. Maybe it will come. Rio struggling big time. Looks low on confidence but he will turn it around.

Agree with most of that. Thought United were poor enough. Small defensively with the full backs and struggled a bit physically. Really missed Vidic.

Great day results wise though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead