Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: new devil on April 09, 2009, 11:07:56 AM
Just saying what i seen corn...were in a lot better postion than yous are...would fancy united to go anywere in Europe and get a result

Yous are far from out yourselves..stranger things have happened

Please tell me you didn't actually see a Pool fan crying, because it would be very cringeworthy if true.

new devil

I actually did but think he was off his head...and this is in a bar in new york  :D

From the Bunker

The terrible treble

Premier League

United are still 1/3 with most bookies. In the Bag.   ;D

Back on the road after the weekend, 88 is the max L/pool can achieve..... That leaves 21 points for title (7 from 8 ) out of 24 points, as Goal difference has really evaporated.

Chelsea, the main threat look gone.

5 games at home.....with Sunderland (This weekend)  ;D, Boro and Hull away......Tough ! ;)

Arsenal will have a big say in league title .

Sunday 19th April 2009  

Liverpool  v  Arsenal 16.00

Saturday 16th May 2009  

Man Utd  v  Arsenal

Champions League

United are 9/2 with most bookies.  

Shite result on Tuesday, but should still steal into the semi!

(A Rafa loving Europe) Liverpool, (an improving) Arsenal, (a more steady) Chelsea, Barcelona and (the german psyche) Bayern makes the Champions League Look dodgy.

FA Cup

United are evens with most bookies. Should beat Toffies.

FA Cup will be tight as well  with Arsenal and Chelsea still there.  

corn02

Quote from: new devil on April 09, 2009, 11:24:04 AM
I actually did but think he was off his head...and this is in a bar in new york  :D

He deserves a slap.

magpie seanie

Hope it keeps fine for all the transfer targets mentioned earlier in this thread, not to mention Tevez. These Glazers are scum.

Debts increase for Manchester United parent company 09/04/2009 - 12:42:19

Manchester United's continuing debt repayments have led to their parent company posting a £44.8m (€49.5m) pre-tax loss for the year ending June 2008.

That figure takes Red Football Joint Venture Ltd's overall debt to £649.4m (€717.8m), despite an operating profit of £80.4m (€88.8m) over the same period.

That profit represents an improvement of £5m (€5.5m) on the previous year, achieved partly thanks to United's triumph in the Champions League final last May.

The figures were released by Companies House this morning and show that while United's debt remains a concern, their day-to-day business model is strong.

Increased TV revenues and sponsorship deals with Saudi Telecom, Diageo, Budweiser and the Seoul Metropolitan Government show the Red Devils are still a powerful brand across the globe, even at a time of worldwide economic austerity.

The ongoing success of Alex Ferguson's side, even if their position in the Champions League looks distinctly uncertain following Tuesday's draw with FC Porto, means they also have a crowded pre-season programme already in place, taking in a four-match Asia tour immediately followed by a four-team tournament in Munich.

However, the fans who have steadfastly opposed the Glazer family takeover are bound to ask just how United can ever hope to repay their huge debt given that current profits just get swallowed up by repayments.

The Glazer family have never spoken about the situation publicly, although representatives of the owners always insist there is no issue.

However, with major shirt sponsors AIG now under the control of the US Government, United are already on the hunt for a replacement, knowing a vociferous lobby with the US Senate feels the company should back out of the final year of their contract.

In addition, any effort to restructure United's current debt is bound to be challenging in the extreme with banks under pressure from both sides of the Atlantic to show responsibility and caution in their lending.

corn02

Seanie if I remember correctly were you a massive critic of the Glazers when they took over. They seem to have seen out the storm, what is your opinion now?

Goats Do Shave

I think you can work it out from his first sentence in his last post!  :D

magpie seanie

Still the same. The figures speak for themselves. Profits are being used to service their loans instead of buying players. United had zero debt before these gimps arrived. Zero. United needed to buy well in the summer to cement thier position at the top and only bought Berbatov (and that deal only happened at the last minute due to haggling over price/payment installments).

United are top of the Prem at the moment because its been a poor season overall.

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 09, 2009, 01:56:22 PM
I think you can work it out from his first sentence in his last post!  :D

:D

I totally missed that and just read the article.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 08, 2009, 06:47:54 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 08, 2009, 04:28:52 PM
Because there are more games.

I think average attendances is undoubtedly the fairest and most accurate way of determining which is better attended.

Well yeah it probably is. My choice of wording wasn't great, but the point I was trying to prove in that post was that the EPL is a better vehicle for sustaining his profile. I think the fact that it has more people through it's gates than any other league in the world goes some way to doing this.

I think continental players would view European football and lot differently than us exposed to th Premiership.

In the likes of Italy, Speain etc, etc the CL is the biggest trophy you can win.

In England we see that sometimes the PL is bigger.

Ronaldo I think would just love to play for Madrid and become the biggest Galatico they have signed. I also think he would like the notion of a team being completly and utterly built around him as would be the case in Madrid. He would probably get the captiancy straight away with Cannavaro and Raul on their way out.

Whatever else, the captaincy issue is nonsense. Absolutley no chance, maybe of him ever being captain anywhere. Just not captain material, certainly not at Madrid with homegrown players like Cassillas there. I know they're the Newcastle of Europe but I can't see that at all.

is ronaldo portugal captain thought heard david pleat say that other night

charlie stubbs

Quote from: mrsandman on April 09, 2009, 08:33:51 AM
Quote from: full back on April 09, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
Nani is just like Ronaldo..............................without the assists & goals

Great left foot, and an excellent celebration...Ronaldo without as much sulking id say, and as many goals/assists

mrsandman officially worst poster on board ::)

EC Unique

Looks like we have him for a while yet :)

QuoteALEX FERGUSON wants to taste more European glory before quitting Manchester United.
The 67-year-old has enjoyed a glittering spell at Old Trafford, with son Darren revealing he might walk should the club claim the European Cup again or pass Liverpool's current record of 18 league titles.

But while the decision to call time is in his hands, Ferguson snr admits he glad to not be involved in the selection process for his replacement.

He said: "I am glad it is not my decision. But whoever it is, it needs to be someone with experience.

"Manchester United is a massive club. The club I joined in 1986 is nothing like the one it is today.

"If there was one challenge I'd love the club to win more European trophies than they have done and I think I've made this point a few times over the years.

"I don't think we've won the number we should have won.

"There have been years when we've been unlucky and years we've been disappointed, and there've been years when we've thrown games away.

"If we could win a couple more European trophies I then would definitely quit."

Ferguson believes it is too early to speculate about a potential replacement, with the opinion of managers able to change within a few games.

He added: "I like Jose Mourinho. He is a good guy and someone I get on very well with.

"But people forget how quickly the game changes. The job of a football manager is a pretty fragile one.

"You can be on the very top of the world and then after two defeats you are the worst team ever.

"Hopefully I will be here for another two or three years. Who knows what will have happened in that time.

"Thinking about Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger or whoever is going to be impossible."

mrsandman

Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

mrsandman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 09, 2009, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: mrsandman on April 09, 2009, 08:33:51 AM
Quote from: full back on April 09, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
Nani is just like Ronaldo..............................without the assists & goals

Great left foot, and an excellent celebration...Ronaldo without as much sulking id say, and as many goals/assists

mrsandman officially worst poster on board ::)

Aye whatever charlie
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.