Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Lots of links with Emery now. No longer a man just to be ridiculed for how he says good evening

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on November 03, 2023, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 02, 2023, 07:23:16 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on November 02, 2023, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 02, 2023, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on November 02, 2023, 10:08:23 AMIt's amazing it took Liverpool 30 years to win the  title again.  Liverpool had  some  duff managers and players in that time , but I don't think they were ever  in such dire shape as united have been  in recent years

This year will be 11 since United won  the league .  The way things are going ,  a 30 year gap might not seem so outrageous

Ten Hag had a free  hit last season. Now it's on him, and even though  there are still dead wood there, it looks  like  he's just not up to  it, to be honest.

How was it a free hit last season? Don't think it's a job that gets any honeymoon period.

For a lot of that 30 years Liverpool weren't a league title contender it was about a reasonable league finish and picking up the odd cup trophy along the way. Man United have become that the last decade.

Because  he would need time to "change the culture", shift the dead wood , bring in his own men.  Had he finished 7 or 8th,  he wouldn't  have  got much grief as he "needs time" etc etc.

Now he's had 3 transfer windows, and 18 months,  and things are clearly  going backwards.  Any blame aimed at the Glazers is shifting  to Ten Hag.  Definitel progress was needed from the start of summer , but it's  not happening. So it looks like he's just not up  to the task.

I'm not just saying this now, but I was never convinced by ETH.  Didn't seem like  he had the personality  or passion that's needed ,  especially when dealing with lazy  arse hoors who need  a kick up the hole.  Fergie kept players on their toes , because he ruled by fear and  dominance.  Perhaps that's what's  lacking.

Was always going to take a lot longer than one full season and a couple of transfer windows to change the culture and sure the last transfer window included a couple loan signings and bringing back a former player in his mid 30s? Doubtful Ten Hag would have got a 2nd season had United finished 7th or 8th last season. It's clear now United over achieved to finish 3rd last season and win a trophy, enough leeway to give him 3rd season is the main question now.

Big Ange has blown that theory clean out of the water and Eddie Howe before him!

Where will Big Ange and Tottenham be this time next season? lets not forget Ten Hag had a good first season with United.  Newcastle under new owners are a much better run club now than they were under Mike Ashley and I would expect them to make a strong challenge for the Premier League title in the seasons ahead, remains to be seen if that will be done with Eddie Howe as manager.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on November 03, 2023, 02:01:59 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 03, 2023, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 03, 2023, 10:19:39 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 03, 2023, 09:26:43 AMUtd failing to get their hands on Declan Rice was a big blow to their team, they just don't have that energy in their midfield, Klopps Liverpool are built on that premise, they're going to outwork you in there, City and Arsenal are similar.
Every team that plays Utd knows they've a soft centre and go for it. Buying fancy dan wingers at extortionate prices to please the fans and sell a few jerseys in Latin America or Asia is great but won't win squat nor fix the leaky roof evidently.

Drop Salah into that Utd team and he'd be every bit as shíte as Anthony. The fundamental structure and enablers for the skillful lads just isn't there.

What an absolutely outrageous statement.

Ps you should be more worried about your leaky defence than your leaky roof.

Think Jonnys an Everton fan no?
I agreed with most of his stuff....until his Salah point lolol

My point being Salah, Nunez etc etc have a solid structure and a well defined system at Liverpool that fits their skillset, drop Salah into that United team and he'd do well to score 10 goals in a year

My god he's actually doubling down on it.

Armagh18

Only prime Ronaldo or Messi would look good playing with that shower of clowns!

Armagh18

Rashford spotted out clubbing after getting tanked by City. Roy Keane would have kicked him up and down the training pitch for that. List of likeable United players is dwindling.

quit yo jibbajabba

In fairness to the lad it was a pre arranged birthday bash and he was in training the next day but yeah the optics aren't good as the boy says

Ghost

Rashford not in the squad today. Injured apparently.

I know there are a few injuries but a really poor looking team on paper and probably reflects Utds position at this moment.

Amrabat and Mount on the bench. Not much point some fans complaining saying Ten Hag hasn't been backed properly when he doesn't even want to play the ones he's bought in himself.

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 04, 2023, 10:59:14 AMIn fairness to the lad it was a pre arranged birthday bash and he was in training the next day but yeah the optics aren't good as the boy says
If he was out for a meal with friends and family I'd have no problem tbh but apparently he was in nightclub. Must be literally braindead.

RedHand88

Who goes to a night club for their 26th birthday anyway?

AustinPowers

Quote from: Ghost on November 04, 2023, 11:51:06 AMRashford not in the squad today. Injured apparently.

I know there are a few injuries but a really poor looking team on paper and probably reflects Utds position at this moment.

Amrabat and Mount on the bench. Not much point some fans complaining saying Ten Hag hasn't been backed properly when he doesn't even want to play the ones he's bought in himself.

Very true.  Seen a clip other night where  Antony was clearly annoyed at not being  sent on.  I mean , he had  him at Ajax,  so not as if he didn't  know his character.

As for Mount,  probably the most underwhelming  signing ever at United (considering the price).

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2023, 12:08:50 PMWho goes to a night club for their 26th birthday anyway?

A millionaire footballer, maybe?

But like, he hardly   committed a crime.  Are footballers not allowed any sort  of a social life? They can't live like monks

ONeill

That looked like a mad VAR call.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 04, 2023, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2023, 12:08:50 PMWho goes to a night club for their 26th birthday anyway?

A millionaire footballer, maybe?

But like, he hardly   committed a crime.  Are footballers not allowed any sort  of a social life? They can't live like monks
If you're gonna be a professional footballer and get 300k+ a week I don't think its much to ask to not go on the lash after getting embarrassed in a derby for the umpteenth time in your career. All about standards. Simply wouldn't have happened under Fergie. I know Rooney was doing it plenty but he was getting fined for it and still playing unreal stuff whereas Rashford (and most of the team) look like they've never seen a football before.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2023, 12:44:31 PMThat looked like a mad VAR call.

NBC said the call hinged on whether Maguire tried to play the ball i.e. interfered with play. The ref was called over to make that decision.

Another one of those where it would have been given for most of the history of football.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2023, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2023, 12:44:31 PMThat looked like a mad VAR call.

NBC said the call hinged on whether Maguire tried to play the ball i.e. interfered with play. The ref was called over to make that decision.

Another one of those where it would have been given for most of the history of football.

Yeah Maguire clearly made an attempt to play the ball. Even Rio saying it was offside