Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Utd go direct too early in these types of games. After a couple of long balls nearly caught Hull napping, they dropped back and mopped everything thrown at them.
You can tell when it's destined to be a draw well before the end.
Hull are improving though and could pull of an escape if they manage to build a nucleus of a team for the run in.

Milltown Row2

Fair play to Hull. Could have stole it at the end and that puts to bed off winning the league  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

It's looking like the 3rd year out of 4 United won't make the champions league,. Unless they win the Europa ,which they won't.

For all the money spent,  that's awful.

Minder

Have to wait a bit longer for Pogbas new dance that he has been practising, ah well
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Ah come on! Hull are rubbish and that result tonight is disastrous. Some very weird substitutions too, Carrick seemed to be at the heart of any good play in the first half.

Not enough goals. Its just not good enough.

Farrandeelin

United are in 6th for so long it'd be a shame to move... :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

yellowcard

That was painstaking watching them lump long balls into the box trying to break down arguably the worst team in the league. That team should be challenging for the title given the investment yet it is starting to look like top 4 could be out of the question. Major lack of pace in forward areas and then he brings on Rooney!

the goal was on

So martial has to prove he is better than his other options in his position. Yet pogba can stink the place out and his place never comes under threat. Utd going nowhere if cling onto ibra rooney etc. Look at city front 4 tonight, gonna be serious team next season with few more buys

beer baron

Calm down lads, it's a disappointing result but i'd take this over any time with Van Gaal. We're  improving and i expect us to finish top 4 which i never did with that goat in charge.

stiffler

Quote from: stiffler on February 01, 2017, 09:34:38 PM
Waiting on Utd for my accumulator here ,

Surely it's a matter of time ?!

Brutal.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stew

Quote from: the goal was on on February 01, 2017, 11:03:20 PM
So martial has to prove he is better than his other options in his position. Yet pogba can stink the place out and his place never comes under threat. Utd going nowhere if cling onto ibra rooney etc. Look at city front 4 tonight, gonna be serious team next season with few more buys

Ibra? Only for him United would be tenth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gmac

That result was like a lot of games Utd have played in the last 4/5 years all the ball no cutting edge,,they desperately need a midfielder to drive at defences Right now everything is so slow to develop and ends up with shit crosses that are easy to defend , get the wide men and Valencia to drive into the box  and turn some defenders and stop putting in dinky crosses with no power behind them too easy to defend , what Utd would give for a Bryan Robson type player now.

magpie seanie

33 goals in 23 league games - is that an improvement? And spare me the "the team is playing better stuff" argument because if you're failing to score goals and you're Manchester United then it's a serious problem.

The manager making a tit out of himself yet again in his post match interview.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: beer baron on February 01, 2017, 11:05:01 PM
Calm down lads, it's a disappointing result but i'd take this over any time with Van Gaal. We're  improving and i expect us to finish top 4 which i never did with that goat in charge.

Despite finishing 4th in his first season?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2017, 07:14:46 AM
33 goals in 23 league games - is that an improvement? And spare me the "the team is playing better stuff" argument because if you're failing to score goals and you're Manchester United then it's a serious problem.

The manager making a tit out of himself yet again in his post match interview.

MS change the record, at the this stage we all know that you loathe JM but it is getting a bit repetitive hearing it every single post. How do you blame JM for last night?

Played Rashford, Miki, Zlatan from the start and introduced two more attacking subs in an attempt to win the game. At some point the players need to step up and be better than they were last night and take responsibility for it.

PP was very poor last night and seems to be lost at the moment, real lack of confidence or something. No driving runs or quality through balls, had the chance of the game and showed no composure to finish. I know it is an 'If' but had he slotted that one it would have been a matter of how many.

Credit to Hull they sat in and were well organised and their manager at least seems to have them playing together. Very unlucky when they hit the post not to come away with more from the game.

It was a good chance to close the gap but I dont think it will be the last, I see a lot of twitter sources claiming that Greizeman deal in close for the summer.