Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Easy win in the end but United were poor in the first half. Our German might come in handy for the rest of the season, there could a lot of games left depending on how we do in Europe and the FA Cup.  Mourinho wanted rid of him and thought the best way to get rid of him was to isolate him, Schweinstieger was happy to sit on his arse and take the money which shows the height of his ambitions. LVG let him away with far too much last year but that is in the past now and he might be useful until the end of the season.

Good to see Tuanzebe make his debut although he's a centre half not a rightback. Fosuh-Mensah looked very rusty but he's not a fullback either.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2017, 10:19:30 AM
Easy win in the end but United were poor in the first half. Our German might come in handy for the rest of the season, there could a lot of games left depending on how we do in Europe and the FA Cup.  Mourinho wanted rid of him and thought the best way to get rid of him was to isolate him, Schweinstieger was happy to sit on his arse and take the money which shows the height of his ambitions. LVG let him away with far too much last year but that is in the past now and he might be useful until the end of the season.

Good to see Tuanzebe make his debut although he's a centre half not a rightback. Fosuh-Mensah looked very rusty but he's not a fullback either.

Mensah is a brilliant footballer, on the other hand borthwick Jackson is the tube I thought he was, no way a united player.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Schweinstieger was happy to sit on his arse and take the money which shows the height of his ambitions.

Yeah, useless f**k will never amount to anything with an attitude like that.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: stew on January 30, 2017, 10:31:21 AM

Mensah is a brilliant footballer, on the other hand borthwick Jackson is the tube I thought he was, no way a united player.

I think Fosuh-Mensah has potential to be a very good centre half, not seen enough of Borthwick-Jackson but never really stood out when I saw him in youth and U23's previously.

The Stallion

Schweinsteiger is not proving him wrong. Schweinsteiger has been awful in almost every game he has played for Utd. Waste of money.

Boycey

I've no animosity towards Schweinsteiger he's a stellar player who I've enjoyed immensely over his career and I'm sure if you look back through this thread I was delighted when he signed for United. His time at United though has been slightly underwhelming, the 1st half of last season he was ok (not great but not shite either) and in the 2nd half of the season he clearly used United to get himself fit for the Euro Championships. The stories of other player dissatisfaction with him were there before Mourinhos time, as anyone who frequents United forums will know.

A new manager came in the summer and not unreasonably decided he wasn't in his plans for the future and the club decided to jettison him. Schweinsteiger was well within his rights to stay put as he had a contract but there is also a case for a fellow in the twilight of his career having had injuries over the previous years would be better served getting a new club where he'd play regularly rather than be a bit part player.

Given that it looks now as if he'll stay beyond this transfer window I'll be delighted to see him back in the fold with United having at least 20 more games to play and possibly up to 30 depending on progression in cup competitions. That said I don't get the ovations/kudos hes been given by United fans, he's contributed relatively little to the club...

Great player in his prime, one of the best

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on January 30, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
I've no animosity towards Schweinsteiger he's a stellar player who I've enjoyed immensely over his career and I'm sure if you look back through this thread I was delighted when he signed for United. His time at United though has been slightly underwhelming, the 1st half of last season he was ok (not great but not shite either) and in the 2nd half of the season he clearly used United to get himself fit for the Euro Championships. The stories of other player dissatisfaction with him were there before Mourinhos time, as anyone who frequents United forums will know.

A new manager came in the summer and not unreasonably decided he wasn't in his plans for the future and the club decided to jettison him. Schweinsteiger was well within his rights to stay put as he had a contract but there is also a case for a fellow in the twilight of his career having had injuries over the previous years would be better served getting a new club where he'd play regularly rather than be a bit part player.

Given that it looks now as if he'll stay beyond this transfer window I'll be delighted to see him back in the fold with United having at least 20 more games to play and possibly up to 30 depending on progression in cup competitions. That said I don't get the ovations/kudos hes been given by United fans, he's contributed relatively little to the club...

Great player in his prime, one of the best

I think the kudos he is getting is partly down to the respect the fans have for him for his glittering career and secondly due to the perception that has stuck with the club and fought for his place. Obviously there is a lot more too it in the back ground as most of the hard core fans will recognise but to the casual supporter he has been the model pro.

As I said at the time of his signing I thought it was a good move only 5 years too late in his career. AF did try to prise him from Bayern but he wasnt for shifting until it was on his terms.

Im not bothered either way as he is collecting money that would otherwise be going to the Glazers and I really enjoy watching him play.

Bord na Mona man

I'd say most people are happy to give Schweinsteiger a second chance. If he has applied himself and taken it easy on the burgers, then he could be useful for the run in.

His treatment seems harsh when you consider Rooney is probably in the same boat - coasting and not staying in shape. However, none of us are likely to know the exact reason for his early season exile.

StGallsGAA

Personally I couldn't give a hoot who Jose hangs out to dry if he delivers the kind of success he's delivered at other clubs.  He's also had 3 years of mismanagement to correct and bar a ropey start to the season has done a remarkable job.  Schweinsteiger could not give a toss about United so not too many will lose sleep over how Mourinho decides to utilize him.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 30, 2017, 12:36:29 PM
I'd say most people are happy to give Schweinsteiger a second chance. If he has applied himself and taken it easy on the burgers, then he could be useful for the run in.

His treatment seems harsh when you consider Rooney is probably in the same boat - coasting and not staying in shape. However, none of us are likely to know the exact reason for his early season exile.

I'd be interested to see the last time that guy didn't pick up an injury on Christmas eve. His appearances in games on St Stephen's Day are few and far between.

Maroon Manc

Great chance to close the gap and go within 3 points of 2nd place tonight, didn't expect Arsenal & Spurs to drop points last night.

GJL

Yep. Pretty much a perfect night last night for utd with all the top 4 dropping points. Need to get the win tonight to make it count.

magpie seanie

Absolutely have to make it count tonight. I expect a strong team and a much improved performance. I hope the manager concentrates on his own job of getting the win tonight and doesn't start moaning about refs, the conduct of other managers or fixtures.

stiffler

Waiting on Utd for my accumulator here ,

Surely it's a matter of time ?!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

StGallsGAA

That's was garbage.  Pogba doesn't look like he's worth £10M at present.