Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on September 12, 2016, 02:42:21 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 12, 2016, 02:27:51 PM
Strange game City utterly dominant in the first half but they are dreadful in the air... United's only decent chances came the way of long balls and crosses.

Interesting to see not much has changed since Moyes or LVG... if we're struggling hoof it up there and we'll see how we get on!!

Not really "the United way" is it?

No its not the United way and I thought they resorted to the long balls too early, but at the point there was no one getting to the by line to cross the ball in or making any surging runs. I think chasing the ball zapped their energy and probably waited too long to get Martial on. Going to be difficult to find the right formula between Mata, Lingard, Rooney, Ibra, Martial and Rashford.

One positive though for me was Herrera, he looked decent when he came on couple of important tackles and few lovely passes.

Agree with that, we looked out on our feet with with 25 minutes to go which was no surprise given the first half. We made City look better than what they are, for all the possession in the first half their first goal was a long ball and a huge mistake from Blind. City got at our back 4 way too much in the first half but still didn't create too many chances, I think too much has been made of City's 1st half; We were abysmal and far too easy to play against.

Rooney continues to be a huge problem, playing as a no 10 doesn't do Zlatan any favours; I just don't see what Rooney brings to that role, he no pace, guile and isn't a creative player. From a defensive point of view he doesn't offer much either, he lacks pace and energy to press opponents like he used to be able to do. He wasn't the only one who was poor but either but I still think he's our biggest problem.
If Mourinho had been at the club longer he'd have taken Lingard off after 25 minutes but he probably didn't want to completely shatter his confidence.

gawa316

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 12, 2016, 05:22:31 PM
Strange game City utterly dominant in the first half but they are dreadful in the air... United's only decent chances came the way of long balls and crosses.

Interesting to see not much has changed since Moyes or LVG... if we're struggling hoof it up there and we'll see how we get on!!

No its not the United way and I thought they resorted to the long balls too early, but at the point there was no one getting to the by line to cross the ball in or making any surging runs. I think chasing the ball zapped their energy and probably waited too long to get Martial on. Going to be difficult to find the right formula between Mata, Lingard, Rooney, Ibra, Martial and Rashford.

One positive though for me was Herrera, he looked decent when he came on couple of important tackles and few lovely passes.

Agree with that, we looked out on our feet with with 25 minutes to go which was no surprise given the first half. We made City look better than what they are, for all the possession in the first half their first goal was a long ball and a huge mistake from Blind. City got at our back 4 way too much in the first half but still didn't create too many chances, I think too much has been made of City's 1st half; We were abysmal and far too easy to play against.

Rooney continues to be a huge problem, playing as a no 10 doesn't do Zlatan any favours; I just don't see what Rooney brings to that role, he no pace, guile and isn't a creative player. From a defensive point of view he doesn't offer much either, he lacks pace and energy to press opponents like he used to be able to do. He wasn't the only one who was poor but either but I still think he's our biggest problem.
If Mourinho had been at the club longer he'd have taken Lingard off after 25 minutes but he probably didn't want to completely shatter his confidence.

Does Bailly get no blame for the first goal. He just let that young buck jump for the flick on without even contesting it with him?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2016, 05:37:50 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 12, 2016, 05:22:31 PM

Does Bailly get no blame for the first goal. He just let that young buck jump for the flick on without even contesting it with him?

He should have contested the header but Blind's error was a huge mistake and hardly comparable to Bailly's.

Jeepers Creepers

Both should have attacked the ball. That was the story in the first half, no one wanted it and when they did they were dispossessed or give the ball away. Talking to a guy at it and he was surprised by the lack of fitness with the new signings. He said they were dead on their feet by half time.

Boycey

After the preliminaries the proper European football starts tonight...

Full squad gone out bar Rooney, Shaw, Mikahryan(inj) and Jones (inj, again). I'd expect game time for Rashford, Smalling, Carrick, Schneiderlin amongst others.

Boycey

Beat 1-0, poor performance not much to add as there's no one interested but me seemingly  ;D

Cunny Funt

A terrible slow paced game tonight, I don't think either side ever looked like scoring and it would have finished 0-0 if it wasn't for a linesman that didn't see the clear offside on the Feyenoord goal.

magpie seanie

f**king disgrace. Made shit of Rashford and Martial again. Put Smalling up front at the end after taking the lads off after an hour, Memphis replacing Martial ffs.

Mourinho is a pr1ck that should not be at United. If LVG was manager there would be 20 posts hear calling for him to be sacked. And don't anyone give it the "it's only the Europa league" garbage....this is Manchester United. They have the resources to play twice a week and win.

magpie seanie

Their goal was clearly offside, no idea how he missed it.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2016, 08:03:33 PM
f**king disgrace. Made shit of Rashford and Martial again. Put Smalling up front at the end after taking the lads off after an hour, Memphis replacing Martial ffs.

Mourinho is a pr1ck that should not be at United. If LVG was manager there would be 20 posts hear calling for him to be sacked. And don't anyone give it the "it's only the Europa league" garbage....this is Manchester United. They have the resources to play twice a week and win.

f**king daft. He should be giving Martial and Rashford as much time as possible.  Two serious players.

Captain Obvious

If Pogbas last few performances are anything to go on you can see why Alex Ferguson chose to play Park Ji Sung instead of him. Martial after looking good last season is now going to have one of those poor second seasons by the looks of it and will Depay,Rojo,Damian,Schneiderlin ever be up to the required standard?

seafoid

Not looking g good for El traductor

ashman

Will Jose last to Easter ???

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ashman on September 15, 2016, 10:57:43 PM
Will Jose last to Easter ???
Jose needs more time than that sure this season the title race is between two horses and a little horse that needs milk and needs to learn how to jump, maybe next season United can race.

DuffleKing

Ffs. It's a Europa league game - the toughest of the 6 - with a thrown together team of squad players who have little or no game time together. Nothing to see here.