Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Why the fcuk would I care?
They guy said he wanted to go, a new deal wouldn't change that. It just means he won't go on a free next summer.
Sure if anything it will keep those who worry about the clubs net spend happy  ;D

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Muck Savage on September 03, 2015, 06:04:18 PM
So you judge Ronald Koeman's last seasons performance on the fact he spent 90M and only improved 1 place or do you take into account that he had to replace 4 of his best players (115M for players sold) and still managed to to be close to a Champions league spot?

They have to say yes which is utterly laughable

AZOffaly

No, you judge him on how well he did with the players he has, and how well the players he bought did. It's not that complicated lads, and I think we actually aren't that far apart in what we are saying. At the end of the day it's about doing the best job with the players you have. The more you spend, the better you expect those players to do...

Milltown Row2

As long as Utd continue to do better than Liverpool then that's surely a better barometer to success  :o

Nevermind Net/gross spend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

So you judge Ronald Koeman's last seasons performance on the fact he spent 90M and only improved 1 place or do you take into account that he had to replace 4 of his best players (115M for players sold) and still managed to to be close to a Champions league spot?

This one for me?

I haven't tried to compare spend against league finish?

Have simply stated that LVG spent £250 million and not £130million...

Has Koeman purchased any players at a massive cost who flopped?

Does he need to be held accountable?

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 03, 2015, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 03, 2015, 02:36:15 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 03, 2015, 01:44:30 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 10:02:08 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 02, 2015, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2015, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 02, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2015, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: stew on September 01, 2015, 08:58:10 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 01, 2015, 08:38:58 PM
Utd now have only 3 strikers. 2 of them 19.  :o

You'll win nothing with kids!

LVG is pure ket..................... A spoofer of the highest order, I look at the business Pellegrini has done compared to LVG and the united boss has been found wanting.

I do not think LVG will be at United come seasons end, he cannot get along with the players and he seems to be building for a future he will have no part of, the man is vastly overrated at this stage of his career.

Stew - that's a ridiculous comparison. Pellegrini has an established squad, one of the best in Europe, that only needed a couple of addition plus getting their heads out of their holes.

Van Gaal is rebuilding a club left in shite by Ferguson (and to some extent Moyes).

Moyes?

Red headed dude. Scottish but has good Spanish. bit googly eyed, but not too bad

Oh aye him.....how did he leave the club in shite?

He inherited most of the squad from Fergie and signed 2 players who were UTD's best players last year....

Those who appointed Moyes made the same mistake as Liverpool when they appointed Graeme Souness. No quick fix and during this rebuilding process Van Gaal might have been better off keeping faith with the squad he had than relying on Ed Woodward in the transfer market.

Fellaini and Mata were probaly Uniteds best outfield players last season. Both players signed by Moyes.

Van Gaal talks some shite. Januzaj has a big part to play this season  - and then sends him on loan for the season

Certainly an odd decision.....thought Januzaj was going to play a big role this season......

Surely was. Nick Powell named in the 25 man Champions League Squad. who hasn't played for United since 2012. And Varela... who hasnt an apperance.

GOALKEEPERS - David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Sam Johnstone

DEFENDERS - Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw, Guillermo Varela, Paddy McNair, Matteo Darmian

MIDFIELDERS - Michael Carrick, Daley Blind, Ashley Young, Ander Herrera, Nick Powell, Antonio Valencia, Marouane Fellaini, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira

FORWARDS - Memphis Depay, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Wayne Rooney, James Wilson

Who bought these players?

Who should Moyes have chosen instead?

Genuine question...

Ferguson signed Powell. Leicester sent him back early last season from a Loan due to a poor attitude. Moyes signed Varela. Might be more chance of seeing Varela play this season then Powell.

No sense in sending januzaj on loan and having the likes of Powell in the Squad. Dortmund have the option of buying Januzaj at the end of the loan.

Dortmund don't have the option to buy Januzaj.

Championship clubs can still loan players so I'd expect him to go out on loan when he's fully fit.

Surely Januzaj has shown enough to be given a chance?

StGallsGAA

QuoteAs long as Utd continue to do better than Liverpool then that's surely a better barometer to success  :o

The barometer of success for United fans (regardless of the owners thoughts)  is being in the Premiership title race virtually every year and in the CL knockout stages virtually every year.   That's a quite a step up from simply doing better than Liverpool!   

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2015, 06:33:51 PM

What's utterly laughable is the fact that you still haven't a clue what my original post related too.....

Tell me....did LVG spend £250million or not???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2015, 09:50:15 PM
QuoteAs long as Utd continue to do better than Liverpool then that's surely a better barometer to success  :o

The barometer of success for United fans (regardless of the owners thoughts)  is being in the Premiership title race virtually every year and in the CL knockout stages virtually every year.   That's a quite a step up from simply doing better than Liverpool!   

That's true, the first time in The Premiership they get above Utd they still lose/slip up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 03, 2015, 09:52:01 PM

What's utterly laughable is the fact that you still haven't a clue what my original post related too.....

So Ronald Koeman's spending at Soton last summer then..............

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2015, 10:08:27 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 03, 2015, 09:52:01 PM

What point are you trying to make?

Over the Bar

QuoteWhat's utterly laughable is the fact that you still haven't a clue what my original post related too.....

Come on now!  You aren't comparing apples with apples here.   When Koeman is running short of cash he just sells his worst players to Liverpool for £20M a piece!   What other manager has the luxury of selling his lemons to the Kop for a packet??

stew

Nani is the latest former player to give LVG stick, RVP, Falcao, Hernandez, Nani and others have come out bashing Van Haal, Seedorf I think it was once said he was the most untrustworthy manager in the world.

I do not think he will make it to February, I think he is a bullshit artist and I would prefer him gone.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: stew on September 03, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
Nani is the latest former player to give LVG stick, RVP, Falcao, Hernandez, Nani and others have come out bashing Van Haal, Seedorf I think it was once said he was the most untrustworthy manager in the world.

I do not think he will make it to February, I think he is a bullshit artist and I would prefer him gone.

Other than Pep who else can do the job?