Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Would this be the same RVP who was delighted LVG was coming to United having loved working with him in the Dutch national team?

magpie seanie

Former players giving out about a manger who sold them - than never happened before!!!!

Denn Forever

Quote from: stew on September 03, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
Nani is the latest former player to give LVG stick, RVP, Falcao, Hernandez, Nani and others have come out bashing Van Haal, Seedorf I think it was once said he was the most untrustworthy manager in the world.

I do not think he will make it to February, I think he is a bullshit artist and I would prefer him gone.

Will last longer than Brodger?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

brokencrossbar1

It will be the end of October before you start seeing any pattern of play and results and there will be no way to determine what may or may not happen to any manager before then,  all teams will have played 10-11 games so then an assessment of the squads can be made.

screenexile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34149597

Interesting. . . does anyone else think this would have happened in the Gill/Fergie era? Not a hope in hell.

They're a club in huge transition and with Woodward in place they lack someone with the necessary acumen to deal properly at the top table.

I have to agree with Dunphy as well LVG is a complete spoofer!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2015, 03:20:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34149597

Interesting. . . does anyone else think this would have happened in the Gill/Fergie era? Not a hope in hell.

They're a club in huge transition and with Woodward in place they lack someone with the necessary acumen to deal properly at the top table.

I have to agree with Dunphy as well LVG is a complete spoofer!!

Biggest bullshitter of them all surely? He gets one thing right in a thousand comments, half the time I think he's on drugs during those rants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Florentino Perez, the man who sacked Vicente del Bosque after two titles and two European Cups in less than four seasons because he was bald and chubby. I'd wear his criticism as a badge of honour.

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on September 04, 2015, 03:28:35 PM
Florentino Perez, the man who sacked Vicente del Bosque after two titles and two European Cups in less than four seasons because he was bald and chubby. I'd wear his criticism as a badge of honour.

I get the feeling you are not that fond of Real....

deiseach

I have no problem with Real. Betis, that is.

The whole Madrid/Barca duopoly does my head in.

gallsman

Listening to Football Weekly yesterday, Philippe Auclair mentioned that there's a suggestion in France that some of the add ons for the Martial deal are 10m after 25 United appearances, 10m after 10 France caps and another 10m of he finishes in the top 20 of the Ballon d'Or voting.

The whole thing could get even more expensive pretty quickly.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2015, 04:06:43 PM
Listening to Football Weekly yesterday, Philippe Auclair mentioned that there's a suggestion in France that some of the add ons for the Martial deal are 10m after 25 United appearances, 10m after 10 France caps and another 10m of he finishes in the top 20 of the Ballon d'Or voting.

I don't know where he got that from. It's been pretty widely reported that it's €5m each time he is league top scorer up to 3 times, €5m if he wins Golden Boy, €10m if he wins Balon D'or. Heard this on BBC 5 live radio too.

Sure he could have the 25 appearances and 10 France caps in a year or so.

gallsman

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 04, 2015, 05:11:25 PM

I don't know where he got that from. It's been pretty widely reported that it's €5m each time he is league top scorer up to 3 times, €5m if he wins Golden Boy, €10m if he wins Balon D'or. Heard this on BBC 5 live radio too.

That's my point.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2015, 05:37:14 PM

That's my point.
Yeah my point was more that what Philippe Auclair said is probably a load of nonsense.

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 04, 2015, 12:15:55 AM
Would this be the same RVP who was delighted LVG was coming to United having loved working with him in the Dutch national team?

Aye it would, bit of a difference seeing the boss day in and day out over every now and again don't ya think?

He cannot relate well to the players, he is an egomaniac and he is full of shite!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 04, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2015, 05:37:14 PM

That's my point.
Yeah my point was more that what Philippe Auclair said is probably a load of nonsense.

Based on what? Auclair is a highly respected French journalist. Why would be what he says nonsense but what you heard on Five Live reputable?