Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general

Chill out lads,

from what i can see, signings are being held off until August 1st when the Adidas deal begins because Nike are playing awkward and insisting united wear all Nike gear on the pre season tour

Adidas wouldn't be happy with new players being presented in Nike gear after such a big investment

its gona kick off come august 1st, 3,4 or maybe 5 signings to add to depay

De Gea is gone once Casillas signs for Porto - i've an inkling LLoris is gona be at united

Maroon Manc

We have Depay already, Darmian looks done and we're in talk with Soton over Schneiderlin.

The only position I'm worried about is up front, we'll probably go after Kane again but its highly unlikely to happen. There is certainly a shortage of top quality centre forwards around who are available.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 09, 2015, 05:18:23 PM
We have Depay already, Darmian looks done and we're in talk with Soton over Schneiderlin.

The only position I'm worried about is up front, we'll probably go after Kane again but its highly unlikely to happen. There is certainly a shortage of top quality centre forwards around who are available.

You're not worried about replacing De Gea?  Lloris is good but he's not at the level De Gea is at

beer baron

Jaysus i hope were not bonker enough to go for Kane at probably about 30 million  >:(

Walter Cronc

Yohan Cabaye off to Palace for 10 million. Surely United could have had a look at him. Good player!!

rodney trotter

He was a bit overrated at Newcastle I thought, it wasn't a big surprise that he couldn't get into the PSG team

Walter Cronc

In fairness PSG have a serious midfield and in Veratti probably the best young CM in Europe.

What I'm saying is if United are to get back challenge they need 2-3 CM's and Cabaye would have been a bargain at 10 million.

gawa316

At 10 mil he's a bargain. Wish Liverpool were in for him. He'd get games at every club in the prem

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on July 10, 2015, 04:20:10 PM
At 10 mil he's a bargain. Wish Liverpool were in for him. He'd get games at every club in the prem

He sounds like a bargain at the price alright but you'd have to ask yourself why are none were none of the top teams in for him??

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2015, 04:47:02 PM

He sounds like a bargain at the price alright but you'd have to ask yourself why are none were none of the top teams in for him??

Arsenal were in for him before he went to PSG. Think they bid 10 million but PSG dwarfed that with 18 million. I'd say Wenger felt he didnt need him now. Chelsea have Fabregas and City want to buy British. Strange Liverpool/Spurs didnt go for him!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 10, 2015, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2015, 04:47:02 PM

Arsenal were in for him before he went to PSG. Think they bid 10 million but PSG dwarfed that with 18 million. I'd say Wenger felt he didnt need him now. Chelsea have Fabregas and City want to buy British. Strange Liverpool/Spurs didnt go for him!

I know from a Liverpool point of view he would be considered too old for the owners with him nearing 30.  If Liverpool had shown interest though, Spurs would have been in like a rocket!

rodney trotter

Minder

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 10, 2015, 10:29:03 PM
Bastian on the way

Should be a good signing for Utd, probably his very best days behind him but be interesting to see how he goes. Probably saw his first team opportunities limited when everyone fit at Bayern
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

First German? Can't think of any other to play for United?

Jeepers Creepers