Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: EC Unique on October 28, 2012, 05:44:24 PM
Could he have stayed on his feet if he had wanted?

Ashely Young never does...

ross4life

Over 10 years since United won a league game in Stamford bridge it's nice to get the rub of the green & a win in that venue for the first time in a long time.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

3 goals in a week for the little pea. He is giving Fergie plenty to think about..

Great to get the 3 points today in the bridge where we usually get robbed in some form.

magpie seanie

The winner was offside alright but is anyone seriously suggesting the sendings off weren't justified? Ivanovic was last man and clearly made contact and brought Young down. The contact might have been accidental but that doesn't matter. Torres dived, pure and simple. You saw what Valencia got a yellow card for later (also a dive  even if he was impeded a little).

For the conspiracy theorists - go back and look at Chelseas record when Clattenburg is ref. You know I'm enjoying it even more with the delusional crap some are going on with.

And finally - I refer you back to my comment on United's formation earlier in the week. Wingers. It's the United way.

ballinaman

Evans never inspires me with confidence, always seems like a disaster waiting to happen. They way he lost the flight of the ball for Mata's shot before the equaliser was poor.

Captain Obvious

In fairness Torres first booking should have been red.

David McKeown

This is what annoys me after Utd get a fortuitous decision it's that everyone ignores the major decisions that went the other way. Torres should have gone for his foul on Cleverly but didn't dive. Utd should have had two penalties in the second half. The Hernandez goal shouldn't have stood. Ramires got away without a booking for 9 deliberate fouls that broke up the Utd momentum.

Yet all people talk about are the two decisions that went Utd's way.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 28, 2012, 05:46:59 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 28, 2012, 05:28:46 PM
Have referees no shame?
A joke how much they help United.

In fairness if you look at the Liverpool v United and Chelsea v United games this season some of the decisions gone their way have been utterly staggering.

It's been happening for years,it's not gonna change anytime soon sadly.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

So did Torres dive or not?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
The winner was offside alright but is anyone seriously suggesting the sendings off weren't justified? Ivanovic was last man and clearly made contact and brought Young down. The contact might have been accidental but that doesn't matter. Torres dived, pure and simple. You saw what Valencia got a yellow card for later (also a dive  even if he was impeded a little).
I'd say Torres's one was half a dive but he feigned serious injury and considering the slight touch involved,  the ref got it spot on.

Was the winner offside?  I thought Hernandez was onside when the ball was deflected off the chelsea defender

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2012, 06:17:21 PM
So did Torres dive or not?

Went down fairly easily but there was definite contact alright.

The way Evans constantly lunges dangerously into tackles I think most people would try to get out of his road.

nrico2006

Hardly unpredictable that the usual suspects (mainly Liverpool fans) would be on here spouting about United than worrying about their own precarious position.  Did anybody expect the ABU glasses to allow them to see anything other than what they wanted to?  United have had as many incorrect decisions against them over the years as they have had for them.  The difference is that its usually the ones for them that are highlighted.  United going well considering the amount of players missing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

I think its great to see what seems to be some sort of concerted effort to punish diving and feigning of injury. Torres clearly dived and got what he deserved. If there was contact it did nothing to impede him but he remembered Evans had been booked and tried to get him sent off. Tough luck Fernando. He used to be a good player. Remember when he would have kept going and stuck the ball in the net? Seems a long time ago now. Has the money killed his hunger?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2012, 06:47:51 PM
I think its great to see what seems to be some sort of concerted effort to punish diving and feigning of injury. Torres clearly dived and got what he deserved. If there was contact it did nothing to impede him but he remembered Evans had been booked and tried to get him sent off. Tough luck Fernando. He used to be a good player. Remember when he would have kept going and stuck the ball in the net? Seems a long time ago now. Has the money killed his hunger?
He must have some brain to register contact, remember Evans had been booked and go to ground all in a split second.

AZOffaly

I don't think that was a dive. I think he was caught, and I think Evans knew it by his reaction. Having said that, should he/could he have stayed up? Probably. The thing is if you stay on your feet, and fail to get the ball, the ref rarely, if ever brings it back and gives you the free.