Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

But faking serious pain, gripping the 'affected' body part with such an agonized tortured grimace on his face,  takes any legitimacy out of the equation.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2012, 08:22:18 PM
But faking serious pain, gripping the 'affected' body part with such an agonized tortured grimace on his face,  takes any legitimacy out of the equation.

Absolutely. I hate diving as much as anyone, and I have no problem calling Liverpool players on it if I see it. In this case though I thought Torres was caught. The whole grimace thing is pathetic, but that's soccer these days.

David McKeown

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2012, 06:55:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2012, 06:47:51 PM
I think its great to see what seems to be some sort of concerted effort to punish diving and feigning of injury. Torres clearly dived and got what he deserved. If there was contact it did nothing to impede him but he remembered Evans had been booked and tried to get him sent off. Tough luck Fernando. He used to be a good player. Remember when he would have kept going and stuck the ball in the net? Seems a long time ago now. Has the money killed his hunger?
He must have some brain to register contact, remember Evans had been booked and go to ground all in a split second.

Wouldn't have been that great given only Rooney and Valencia managed to get booked for Utd today.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Worker

Van persie bit loose with the elbows once again today.

under the bar

Who did van persie elbow? luiz got a hand or wrist to the face but clattenberg quite rightly told the theatrical jessie get back on his feet.

spuds

Fine Gael in power and a GAA website argueing over English soccer where no comments on televised TG4 games today. Once a proud island.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AZOffaly

Chelsea have apparently lodged a complaint about Clattenburg with the FA, but it's not about the decisions. It's for 2 incidents of 'inappropriate language' towards Chelsea players! Bizarre.

Gold

Quote from: spuds on October 28, 2012, 09:32:55 PM
Fine Gael in power and a GAA website argueing over English soccer where no comments on televised TG4 games today. Once a proud island.

Crokes were clinical with 2 early goals. Game dead and should've been blown up after 10 mins.

United get some amount of decisions from refs. Very hard for neutrals to like them
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 28, 2012, 09:57:19 PM
Chelsea have apparently lodged a complaint about Clattenburg with the FA, but it's not about the decisions. It's for 2 incidents of 'inappropriate language' towards Chelsea players! Bizarre.

Racist language apparently.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gazzler

Good management from Slur Al today.
Drops Webb and puts Clattenburg in and he delivers the 3 points for them.

AQMP

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
The winner was offside alright but is anyone seriously suggesting the sendings off weren't justified? Ivanovic was last man and clearly made contact and brought Young down. The contact might have been accidental but that doesn't matter. Torres dived, pure and simple. You saw what Valencia got a yellow card for later (also a dive  even if he was impeded a little).

For the conspiracy theorists - go back and look at Chelseas record when Clattenburg is ref. You know I'm enjoying it even more with the delusional crap some are going on with.

And finally - I refer you back to my comment on United's formation earlier in the week. Wingers. It's the United way.

So what?

AQMP

I think its great to see what seems to be some sort of concerted effort to punish diving and feigning of injury. Torres clearly dived and got what he deserved. If there was contact it did nothing to impede him but he remembered Evans had been booked and tried to get him sent off. Tough luck Fernando. He used to be a good player. Remember when he would have kept going and stuck the ball in the net? Seems a long time ago now. Has the money killed his hunger?

seanie, the bollocksmeter is nearly off the scale here.  I presume if you think Torres dived then he was trying to convince the referee it was a foul by Evans when it wasn't?  But it was a foul...The law states that for "simulation" to be a yellow card offence the player must be trying "to deceive the referee".  I don't see how any player who is fouled and falls to the ground claiming a foul is trying to deceive the referee.

On a broader point the number of Utd fans who seem believe that "two wrongs make a right" is a moral code by which to live your life is worrying!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on October 29, 2012, 09:43:09 AM

seanie, the bollocks register is nearly off the scale here.  I presume if you think Torres dived then he was trying to convince the referee it was a foul by Evans when it wasn't?  But it was a foul...The law states that for "simulation" to be a yellow card offence the player must be trying "to deceive the referee".  I don't see how any player who is fouled and falls to the ground claiming a foul is trying to deceive the referee.

On a broader point the number of Utd fans who seem believe that "two wrongs make a right" is a moral code by which to live your life is worrying!

A lot of them saying that Torres should've been red carded for the high tackle are also harking back to 2009 and perceived injustices that day, ignoring that by the same decision making Evans would've been red carded in that game for a high tackle on Drogba.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AQMP

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 29, 2012, 09:47:42 AM

seanie, the bollocks register is nearly off the scale here.  I presume if you think Torres dived then he was trying to convince the referee it was a foul by Evans when it wasn't?  But it was a foul...The law states that for "simulation" to be a yellow card offence the player must be trying "to deceive the referee".  I don't see how any player who is fouled and falls to the ground claiming a foul is trying to deceive the referee.

A lot of them saying that Torres should've been red carded for the high tackle are also harking back to 2009 and perceived injustices that day, ignoring that by the same decision making Evans would've been red carded in that game for a high tackle on Drogba.

And the hand ball "goal" by Macheda...

EC Unique

seanie, the bollocksmeter is nearly off the scale here.  I presume if you think Torres dived then he was trying to convince the referee it was a foul by Evans when it wasn't?  But it was a foul...The law states that for "simulation" to be a yellow card offence the player must be trying "to deceive the referee".  I don't see how any player who is fouled and falls to the ground claiming a foul is trying to deceive the referee.

Rolling around holding his leg like he had been shot could fall into this category. The leg pain soon disappeared when he realised he was the one getting booked.