Started by Orior, December 29, 2020, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 11:25:38 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 11:20:58 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 09:36:19 PM

Another naive free stater - typical Trump tactics.

Let's usurp democracy because I don't like it.

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

People in the 26 counties don't understand unionism.  They haven't a clue.

In the 1920's, there was sectarian pogroms (check out On this Day in the Irish News), the same in the late 60's and more recently at Drumcree etc. 

The free staters think that you can talk to unionists, debate with them and everything will be ok.  We've seen from Brexit that they'd sell their granny to appear more British than Finchley, even at their own expense never mind knowing that Boris was always going to shaft them.

You claim to be for democracy and then immediately demonstrate your opposition to it

Some amount of cognitive dissonance there

It's pretty obvious nobody can talk to you or debate with you anyway

Lol, says the lad who wants to tell voters who to vote for.

As I said, real Trump poltics.
Sure that's exactly what you lot are doing - you're telling Irish people they can't be Irish if they don't vote of SF or are not preoccupied with a united Ireland to the exclusion of all else

Then you turn around and make childish bogus complaints about the exact thing you're doing

I haven't told anybody to vote for any party - I've simply stated - correctly - that SF and the DUP are doing sod all for NI

From a previous post:

So the first thing you do is get rid of SF and the DUP and only the voters can do that

Party politics which runs along the lines it does in the north is a disaster - but clearly a UUP-SDLP coalition would be better than SF-DUP, like don't tell me NI would not have been better served with Mike Nesbitt and Colum Eastwood at the helm rather than Punch and Judy

No, of course you didn't...lol.

As I said, Trumpism politics.
I didn't tell anybody to vote for any particular party there, I expressed an entirely fair opinion about NI politics which seems to have driven you up the wall

You're one of the guys telling people they can't be Irish if they don't vote for unification

You literally can't get more "telling people" than that - and such rabble rousing emotional blackmail tactics will prove a total disaster if and when the time comes to vote on the issue

The Shinners have lost the plot on this thread big time

Deranged anger and bullying tactics everywhere, proving my points about them exactly

sid waddell

marty34 might also tell me what he disagrees with in what I wrote about the DUP, and why

Please use quotes marty

bennydorano

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2020, 06:02:10 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 30, 2020, 05:02:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2020, 04:57:33 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 30, 2020, 04:45:38 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on December 30, 2020, 03:15:32 AM
+1

If you consider yourself Irish, then you have no choice but to vote for Irish Unity ... to do anything other than vote for unity, well you'd be a hypocrite devoid of any self esteem.
Exactly, it's unforgiveable.
The people using shallow reasons like "it would cost me an extra few quid" are the worst type too. Imagine rejecting the reunification of your country over a few notes.
Putting anything other than an X in the box for Unity as an Irish person would be traitor-like behaviour.
I trust you're referring to those Northern "nationalists" who aren't prepared to pay their way in a future All Ireland State?
Around £5k per person per annum.
Anither crowd who sold their souls for English gold.
No. More specifically the Southern "nationalists" who use that excuse, but it applies to 6 county people as well.
Not sure where you're pulling 5k from either.
Already explained it but anyway
£10,000,000,000 shortfall between public income and expenditure. 2,000,000 population (give or take easier to divide 2 into 10k).
People in the 26 ('ignorant Free Staters" "bastard state" etc etc) being asked to pay €2,200 each to fund that shortfall....No!!

https://commodity.com/data/ireland/debt-clock/

I don't think the ROI is West Germany in this imaginary reunification scenario,  it's a UK / EU funded project or it doesn't happen.

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 11:40:41 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 11:25:38 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 11:20:58 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 09:36:19 PM

Another naive free stater - typical Trump tactics.

Let's usurp democracy because I don't like it.

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

People in the 26 counties don't understand unionism.  They haven't a clue.

In the 1920's, there was sectarian pogroms (check out On this Day in the Irish News), the same in the late 60's and more recently at Drumcree etc. 

The free staters think that you can talk to unionists, debate with them and everything will be ok.  We've seen from Brexit that they'd sell their granny to appear more British than Finchley, even at their own expense never mind knowing that Boris was always going to shaft them.

You claim to be for democracy and then immediately demonstrate your opposition to it

Some amount of cognitive dissonance there

It's pretty obvious nobody can talk to you or debate with you anyway

Lol, says the lad who wants to tell voters who to vote for.

As I said, real Trump poltics.
Sure that's exactly what you lot are doing - you're telling Irish people they can't be Irish if they don't vote of SF or are not preoccupied with a united Ireland to the exclusion of all else

Then you turn around and make childish bogus complaints about the exact thing you're doing

I haven't told anybody to vote for any party - I've simply stated - correctly - that SF and the DUP are doing sod all for NI

From a previous post:

So the first thing you do is get rid of SF and the DUP and only the voters can do that

Party politics which runs along the lines it does in the north is a disaster - but clearly a UUP-SDLP coalition would be better than SF-DUP, like don't tell me NI would not have been better served with Mike Nesbitt and Colum Eastwood at the helm rather than Punch and Judy

No, of course you didn't...lol.

As I said, Trumpism politics.
I didn't tell anybody to vote for any particular party there, I expressed an entirely fair opinion about NI politics which seems to have driven you up the wall

You're one of the guys telling people they can't be Irish if they don't vote for unification

You literally can't get more "telling people" than that - and such rabble rousing emotional blackmail tactics will prove a total disaster if and when the time comes to vote on the issue

The Shinners have lost the plot on this thread big time

Deranged anger and bullying tactics everywhere, proving my points about them exactly

More projection. You lost the plot long before this thread. Your just s constant trail of contradictions and faux hysterical outrage to fiddle your very dubious morality.

Are you still trying to justify the violent sectarian murder your state was founded on?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 10:19:25 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 30, 2020, 10:16:12 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 09:40:11 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 09:35:02 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 03:51:03 PM
Unionism cannot be reasoned with.

Anyone who is trying to say they can is utterly deluded and living in some sort of alternate universe.

Die hard republicanism can't be reasoned with either. One of the reasons I can't see a united Ireland is due to to the die hards on both sides who'll refuse to meet in the middle.

Ah yes, another utterly ignorant free stater with the "both as bad as each other" argument. The thing is you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

If you want to know anything about unionism, look at Brexit. Unionists cutting their nose off to spite their face and show what uber Brits they are.

SF not exactly covering themselves in glory either.. Using a funeral to put on a political show and arranging  a mass turn out during a pandemic when they should have done the exact opposite and told everyone to stay at home

Did FG and the Gardai not also use the funeral of a Garda to put on a show and had a mass turnout that breached loads of regulations.

Nicely buried by the media with TDs and high ranking Gardai attending.

Never mind their wee "golfgate".

The cabal of the establishment.
Sinn Fein flouted the Covid rules in a much more shameless way

No wonder the north is in such a state

You'll find that there was little difference to that and FG and the Gardai and the Garda's funeral in Mayo.

But a compliant media nicely swept it under the carpet.

Sweep, sweep. Hypocrite.
SF organised a funeral procession to the graveyard with leadership from the north and south present. I didn't see Michael Martin or Leo Varadkar at the funeral of the Garda. They did send one minister, Charlie Flanagan. He was the minister for justice at the time.

The funeral Charlie Flanagan attended was for a Garda killed while on duty. SF organised a mass turn out for Bobby Storey. What did he do to deserve such an honor? Do you count his role in the IRA or his alleged role in the Northern Bank robbery?

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on December 31, 2020, 02:47:45 AM

Anyone who is trying to say they can is utterly deluded and living in some sort of alternate universe.

Die hard republicanism can't be reasoned with either. One of the reasons I can't see a united Ireland is due to to the die hards on both sides who'll refuse to meet in the middle.

Ah yes, another utterly ignorant free stater with the "both as bad as each other" argument. The thing is you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

If you want to know anything about unionism, look at Brexit. Unionists cutting their nose off to spite their face and show what uber Brits they are.

SF not exactly covering themselves in glory either.. Using a funeral to put on a political show and arranging  a mass turn out during a pandemic when they should have done the exact opposite and told everyone to stay at home

Did FG and the Gardai not also use the funeral of a Garda to put on a show and had a mass turnout that breached loads of regulations.

You'll find that there was little difference to that and FG and the Gardai and the Garda's funeral in Mayo.

Sweep, sweep. Hypocrite.
SF organised a funeral procession to the graveyard with leadership from the north and south present. I didn't see Michael Martin or Leo Varadkar at the funeral of the Garda. They did send one minister, Charlie Flanagan. He was the minister for justice at the time.

The funeral Charlie Flanagan attended was for a Garda killed while on duty. SF organised a mass turn out for Bobby Storey. What did he do to deserve such an honor? Do you count his role in the IRA or his alleged role in the Northern Bank robbery?

Or maybe he was respected for his role in the peace process? In any case, it's a simple matter of fact that both men were highly respected in their communities.

But Covid doesn't care about who is in the coffin at a funeral. Both gatherings were obvious breaches of rules. If you are going to continue slabbering about Bobby Storey's funeral for political point scoring, then stop getting precious when people raise the issue of Garda Horkan's funeral (or Golf society dinners, for that matter).

tonto1888

Sweep, sweep. Hypocrite.

You can't sit and have a go at the Storey funeral but not the Gardai funeral

dublin7

Both funerals breached all social distancing guidelines, but only one was arranged by a political party.

Golfgate has far more in common with the Bobby Storey funeral than the Garda funeral. Both these events were arranged and attended in breach of well published guidelines  by politicians themselves

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on December 31, 2020, 11:29:03 AM
Both funerals breached all social distancing guidelines, but only one was arranged by a political party.

Golfgate has far more in common with the Bobby Storey funeral than the Garda funeral. Both these events were arranged and attended in breach of well published guidelines  by politicians themselves
Politicians involved in Golfgate were held to account and resigned/forced to resign, there was zero accountability for the Storey funeral

SF play by different rules, they don't do accountability, they do untouchability and shameless brazening it out

That's why SF are rightly compared to Trump and the US Republicans, Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson and the Tories would be another accurate comparison in terms of accountability, or lack of it

imtommygunn

That's not entirely true - Barry McElduff and Diathi McKay.

Political accountability is different in the north than it is in the south. (In that generally speaking there is none). There are many politicians in the north should have been gone over the last 5-10 years but aren't - for pretty major things too.

That's not me defending anything. They take more accountability than the dup who take absolutely none but don't take enough either.(exceptional circumstances if you're in the dup and come out of the closet) It does work differently here.

Angelo

Sweep, sweep. Hypocrite.

They either breached regulations or they didn't. Quite clear from the picture they didn't.

The manner in which the person died should not legislate for the multiple breaches of regulations as was seen at the Garda's funeral. To me it looked like the Gardai oragnised a mass turnout at the funeral of the Garda. Now it's either right or it's wrong and once again you have shown yourself to be a complete and utter hypocrite.

I can't tell you whether Bobby Storey was involved in the Northern Bank robbery.

I can tell you Charlie Flanagan continues to stifle justice for the McAnespie family on the murder of their son and brother. But you probably support a FG minister using his powers to coverup the murder of a GAA member. Telling

Angelo

And who was the other arranged by? The state, the Gardai? Yet the southern media who went to town on a funeral that breached Covid regulations in another jurisdiction hush-hushed the regulations blatantly breached by government officials and the state police force. Bizarre really.

Milltown Row2

So we've (as predicted) went for the tit for tat approach, debating at its lowest level...

Standard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 31, 2020, 12:07:38 PM

Politicians involved in Golfgate were held to account and resigned/forced to resign, there was zero accountability for the Storey funeral

SF play by different rules, they don't do accountability, they do untouchability and shameless brazening it out

That's why SF are rightly compared to Trump and the US Republicans, Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson and the Tories would be another accurate comparison in terms of accountability, or lack of it

Yet Leo Varadkar and Helen McEntee didn't go when they were exposed on corruption and cronyism

Bizarre how a guy who claims to be left wing votes for parties who prop up centre right and far right parties in Government and enact their policies.

You are a morally very hollow and empty person. In fact your rhetoric is that of far right political commentators like Ruth Dudley Edwards and Kevin Myers. You are arguably more Trumpist than Trump himself.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2020, 12:53:37 PM
So we've (as predicted) went for the tit for tat approach, debating at its lowest level...

Standard

Balance I like to call.

You have the usual free state bigots who like to pontificate and moralise but are completely unable to stand behind it when it comes to have to criticise their own.